Luke Skywalker fans UNITE! (v.2)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by lightknight, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    He keeps the monsters away, right?:p

No better protector out there. If there is, you'd be hard press to find them.
  2. Fallen-Hero ~ Helping Hand of WNU ~

VIP
    star 4
    Monsters, nightmares, burglars... you name it! :p

I got a black dog plushie keeping watch with him too; he's called Padfoot.
  3. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    Aww, they match. They are camoflouged in the night.:p Luke can use his lightsaber hilt to play fetch with him.:p
  4. Fallen-Hero ~ Helping Hand of WNU ~

VIP
    star 4
    Luke can use his lightsaber and Padfoot his wand... but I'm side-tracking with this Potter talk.

I think I'm going to go join said plushies and go sleep. So with that, good night Jams.
  5. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    Goodnight Glee.

Now back to Luke, I have a question actio figure wise. I have a Jedi Master Luke, and his lightsaber looks like Anakin's only with a green blade. However, Luke used his ROTJ lightsaber and never actually replaced it. Only had a spare of similair design and his shoto.(that I can remember) So why did Hasbro give him this different lightsaber?
  6. Fallen-Hero ~ Helping Hand of WNU ~

VIP
    star 4
    Yes, I know I said I was going to bed, now hush :p

Now to answer your question. I have to admit to not having a clue to which exact figure you're talking about, maybe getting a snapshot of it would help a bit. Still, what I do know is that Luke lost his father's blade on Bespin and it was later retrieved, cause it was the one Luuke had. It was then given to Mara as a gift of friendship on Coruscant from Luke and that was the blade she used till she got her purple one. Dewback may correct me on any of the above, cause I need to reacquaint myself with the EU cause my knowledge is getting patchy here and there.

Onto the technical Hasbro stuff. Inaccuracy does happen in action figures and depending on which one you own, the inaccuracies might be a tad more obvious than the newer ones. Still, it's possible that the mold from which the figure was produced from had the wrong lightsaber design or the lightsaber might resemble the one Anakin owned but under scrutinizing will reveal itself to be another similiar design, just not quite Anakin's. There's also the small chance that if it was released after the PT were introduced the lightsabers were accidentally swapped on the chain or something. I really don't know why it could be, though maybe a little tour of the archives on the sister site Rebel Scum could prove to be helpful. At any rate, you could see if the photos they got of your particular figure shows the same lightsaber hilt design.

If not, you can always try sending a PM to LAJ_FETT. She might have an answer, if not her, someone on the Collecting forum might.

//edit: typoes. I also forgot to mention the reason why I brought Luuke to this post. If everything else fails, you can always claim him to be Luuke :p
  7. thehood Jedi Padawan

I think it was part of the symbolism about where Luke wore black clothing. It like "i'm gonna follow my father's footsteps but not the 'bad ones'"

8. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    The Luke I'm talking about came in a 3-pack with Qui-Gon Jinn and Bultar Swan and it's titled "Jedi Legacy" if I'm remembering right. The blade itself is green, but I compared it to my ROTS Darth Vader(pre-roasting) and it seems to be the exact same hilt, only with a green blade instead of blue. The Luke figure has like a brownish-orange overlaying cloth and grey pants with black boots. I would claim it to be Luuke if it had a blue saber blade. It's just weird because I have the ROTJ Jedi Knight Luke and that one has the right hilt, so they obviously have the mold, and I got Jedi Master Luke after that one, so I think it was released if not after then probably about the same time. I've seen other Jedi Knight Luke Skywalkers and they too have the right hilt. I found it weird that they have Luke with Anakin's. or one similair to, hilt. Qui-Gon had the right saber, and I think Bultar Swan did as well, so it's not like the pack had three Jedi with the wrong hilts, just Luke's.
  9. dewback_rancher Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    My cousin got the same set, and gave me the Luke and the Bultar Swan. I can confirm that it came with the wrong lightsaber as well- my cousin and I DID spend a whole day complaining about it, after all. Not like it's something I'm going to forget anytime soon. [face_laugh]

EDIT: As for the outfit, I think it comes from the comic story Jedi Academy: Leviathan; in my copy of Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide, there's a panel taken from that story IIRC where Luke's wearing an IDENTICAL outfit while addressing the graduates of his first class of twelve Jedi trainees.[face_thinking]
  10. Fallen-Hero ~ Helping Hand of WNU ~

VIP
    star 4
    thehood: I agree, Luke's choice of colour for his clothing definitely represented that.

Jams: Sorry, I kind of overlooked the green-blade detail. I guess the best bet would be they used the wrong mold when making that particular Luke and no one realized the mess up until it was too late.

Dew: Hey, who knows, maybe that Luke was a shoutout to all the EU stuff then :D
  11. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    It still bothers me.:p

I just thought it was weird that they gave it that lightsaber hilt, even though the blade color was correct. I know Hasbro has aided in certain aspects of establishing canon, but it was just weird to me. This wouldn't be the first canon mess-up though in terms of the Evolution three pack, because according to the Fett Legacy pack Mandalore the Indomitable is an ancestor of Jango/Boba which isn't true since MtI isn't human, not to mention Cassus Fett is the ancestor(obviously:p ). Come to think of it, they give Jedi Knight Galen Marek in the Evolution pack a green saber, but isn't the official canon color the same as his father's?

Anyway, I thought it was defenitly worth mentioning........fun little trivia fact.:p
  12. dewback_rancher Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Wouldn't be the first time Luke has been seen using a green lightsaber with a hilt identical to Anakin's- this error was made in the otherwise-incredible first appearance of Luke in Invasion, for example. Have to check to see if it was carried through the rest of his appearances, though...
  13. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think it's worth mentioning that Luke also had a different lightsaber hilt (and color) in Dark Empire.

The same thing happened in the Jedi Prince series. They didn't even bother to keep the hilt consistant in the books themselves.. :p
  14. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    I know in the comic for A New Hope, his lightsaber is redish-pink.

Maybe they are basing the lightsaber hilt in the 3-pack off of the Invasion version. I don't know. Like I said, the Evolution packs seem to have a struggle with canon based on the Galen Marek and Fett Legacy pack. Thinking about it again, and I could be completely misremembering and can't varify it becasue I couldn't get it(although I wanted too), the "Sith Legacy" said on the back of the package that Bane came before Nihilus, although I may be remembering it completely wrong. If I'm not, it may be the Evolution packs don't strickly follow canon the way the single and battle packs do.
  15. dewback_rancher Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Anyways, I can't blame the three-pack too much. Even though my favorite look for Luke is the robes he wore during the rescue of Han Solo, the Evolutions Luke is easily my favorite Luke figure. I just have to swap out the lightsaber for one from one of my other ROTJ Lukes and I'm good.

BTW, anyone else do this sort of mix-and-matching of weapons or other accessories? I take the lightsaber from an ROTJ Luke, and the shoto from the Luke/Lumiya comics two-pack, give 'em to the Luke in question, and I have a badass display/play pieceL Luke Skywalker, Jedi Grand Master, with lightsaber and shoto drawn, ready to take Sith names and kick Sith ass. :cool:
  16. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    Sometimes I do that. Lightsaber wise I try to keep them with the original figure though. There are exceptions like my Force Ghost Anakin and my Force Ghost Obi-Wan. They both came with lightsabers but they don't actually need them. So I gave the blade of Anakin's to my Hoth pilot Luke since his hilt came bladeless, and I gave FG Obi-Wan's to a different Obi-Wan since I got the Utapau Kenobi and he only came wih a blaster and a electrostaff. So my Utapau Kenobi has an Ep. II lightsaber and my Ep II Obi-Wan has a Ep IV saber.:p I'm going to switch them around though.
  17. dewback_rancher Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I guess I should have mentioned that I keep all of my Luke figures separate (with only a few other faves- my Jar Jar figs, my ROTS Obi-Wan, my Vader, and a Han figure), so the lightsabers all end up in the same place anyways when I put 'em away. ;)
  18. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    I keep my Lukes seperate as well. I actually have my Jedi Master Luke in the back of my Legacy Falcon with a bunch of other Jedi. Though I'm thinking of putting my Knight Luke in there instead. I never let them let go of their lightsabe what with it being their life:p, so I don't have a problem usually with mixing up lightsabers. I only really have to worry about Darth Vaders sabers getting mixed up.
  19. Fallen-Hero ~ Helping Hand of WNU ~

VIP
    star 4
    I've just recently started buying the action figures from Hasbro and they have to fit in either of my 'collecting focuses'. Funny, cause I first started buying them so I could open them to then place them in the vehicules I bought. I still need to open the Saga Legends Luke to put with Dak in the snowspeeder, not to mention that AT-AT Commander for the AT-AT itself. Anyways, yeah for the most part I keep everything in their boxes. None of my Galactic Heroes are out of their packages and for those Hasbro figures that I took out, they have a second copy left in their bubble. So, at the end of the day, I don't have the issue of mixing weapons/accessories, cause none of them are left out.

Even my legos are organized, all the extra pieces are placed in a plastic bag together and kept in a box, while all the loose lego pieces from non-SW sets are in a plastic container. Although, now that I think about it, I think it's safe to say that the figures are mixed, cause I know there was at least four figures that came with that X-Wing set I bought a year or so ago, and I have no idea where Wedge, Luke, etc are now... The newly bought AT-AT is a different story though, all the characters that came with it are either standing on the walker's foot, sitting inside it or in Luke's case, hanging on the side. Guess, I can blame the moving from the old flat to this one for losing sight of what figures went with what set...
  20. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    You lost Luke and Wedge.:eek:

I mostly keep everyone either in my Legacy Falcon or a couple of shoeboxes, so I have tabs on them all. Depending on the Luke, but most of them are, on the top part of the box, while everyone else is underneath.
  21. Fallen-Hero ~ Helping Hand of WNU ~

VIP
    star 4
    Jams, I move one article of clothing from the floor and I find something Star Wars related beneath it, so excuse me if I have I can't keep tab on all of my things. There's a small shed built in the basement area of the flat and one side of the shed is filled with boxes of Star Wars stuff that I have no room to display/or don't exactly have an interest in displaying.

I mentioned those two, because I know both came with that particular lego set, but I actually know where they are. Luke's sitting in the cockpit of the X-wing across the room. As for Wedge, well I just followed my hunch... both he and Biggs are in the transparent plastic collector box that I have my Snowspeeder Lego and the Luke figure that came with it in. :)
  22. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    So it's kind of set up like an unorganized museum.:p

I actually wish to display my things, but I'm going to be moving into a different room...........once it gets built. I have things I can't display because I have no room either. I make sure at least one Luke is out on display though.;)
  23. Fallen-Hero ~ Helping Hand of WNU ~

VIP
    star 4
    All of my GH figures are hanging on the wall, Luke plushie is on the bed... I think there's already a lot of Luke displays around the room :p
  24. JediMaster1511 Force Ghost

star 9
    I have two Lukes on display. The one in my Legacy Falcon, and the one from the ESB Commemorative Tin.
  25. dewback_rancher Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm currently toying with the idea of finding all the pieces from my "Luke in Bacta Tank" and putting THAT on display. Thoughts? I suppose it'd only be good if I can get a 2-1B and FX-7 to go with it, but it'd be a kickass display piece... [face_thinking]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.