main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker fans UNITE! (v.2)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by lightknight, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rehtul-minnau

rehtul-minnau Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2010
    A very few of them I found in the still galleries, but the majority of them are from the Facebook group Star Wars Rare Vintage Photos. They have thousands of Star Wars pictures! :D

And here it is! The picture that drove me mad for at least a year:
    [image=https://secure-media-snc1.fbcdn.net/v1949/137/28/1421896972/n1421896972_1088128_3225.jpg]
    I saw it once a while back, but I was never able find it again; after a time I thought I had simply imagined it, but I was searching through pictures the other day, and there it was. So I wasn't crazy after all! :p

Is this a deleted scene? (Please, please, please be a deleted scene....[face_praying] :p)

2. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Well, according to wookiepedia there's a deleted scene about Luke's Rescue, so it could very well be an extended portion of it. Say, you wouldn't mind linking us to the facebook page, cause everytime I type that in the search engine on FB it comes with a bunch of pages...

3. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Well, the links are never in an especially cooperative state of mind when I attempt to use them (I tried it last night). It's the one under "Entertainment and Arts" with 2,355 members. You have to request to join. Sorry the link didn't work. Blast technology, anyway. [face_frustrated]

4. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Those are some great pictures.[face_peace]

5. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Another thing I've been wondering; in ANH, after Obi-Wan scares away the Tusken Raiders, he kneels beside Luke and grabs Luke's forehead. o_O What is Obi-Wan doing? Is this some sort of Force heal technique? [face_thinking]

6. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I've heard that bandied about, but I don't know if that's official or not. When I grew up, I always thought he was just checking Luke out, since last I checked the official explanation for how Luke survived the Tusken attack was that he fainted. Why the need to Force heal him if he just fainted? :confused:

7. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Maybe it was some revival trick?

8. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Ah! I haven't been in here for a while. Shame on me again; I really should not ignore poor Luke like that! :eek:

That's what I was trying to say; I just couldn't find the right words. :p Is there a technique for that? It seems like I have read about one, but I can't remember where.

9. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    Didn't Obi-Wan do the same thing to Padme while she was passed out a few seconds before the Mustafar duel began in ROTS? [face_thinking]

10. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Yeah, he does actually. So maybe it's not a revival trick but more like a scanning of brain waves to see if they're still alive and no brain damage?

Or it's just one of Obi-Wan's quirks when someone is unconscious.

11. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Actually, now that you mention it, doesn't he also do something similar to a slain Jedi in AOTC during the pause of the Battle of Geonosis?

12. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Actually, I don't think he does. I found this in the ROTS novel:
    Obi-Wan knelt beside Padme's unconscious body, where she lay limp and broken in the smoky dusk. He felt for a pulse. It was thin, and erratic.

Obi-Wan does lay his hand on Padme's face, and his fingers touched her neck - one of the places to search for a pulse; he also grabs Luke's wrist in ANH, doing the same thing - then he grabs Luke's forehead.

13. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    He's feeling for a pulse there. He's touching the Jedi's neck, just below the ear, where the jugular vein is. (Hope I got that right, as far as what the vein is called, and if that's its location.:p I know there's a vein there, though.:p)

Oh, and it's quite coincidental that I'm replying to your post, Knight JM, since you invited me here.:p

14. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Welcome to the fan club, Zeltron.:p

Still, maybe Obi-Wan knows some sort of Force power that allows him to feel a paticular person's(whom he touches) life Force.

15. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    Thank you.:p

Possibly. I've tried to figure it out, too.:p He certainly seemed to be doing something. I thought he was just using the Force to heal Luke.

16. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Here's another question I have yet to get an answer too......What is that thing that is put over Luke's stump of a wrist in ESB when he is rescues by the Falcon?

17. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    That one again... I still don't have the answer :p

18. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I can not find an answer either. I even have the accessorie for my Millenium Falcon and no where on the box that is came in that I see tells you what it is.

19. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    It's called an autotourniquet, Knight JM.;)

20. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Is it? You are a doll, Zeltron.[:D]

21. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    Yes, it is. Thanks.[:D] I think I found that out in one of the novelizations of TESB.;)

22. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I've been wondering about that for a while now...as FH's post would imply.:p

23. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    I'm very glad I could help.:D:p

24. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Worst part is I kept thinking of reading the ESB novelization to find it [face_laugh]

And according to Wikipedia, it's also in the Encyclopedia I own. Guess I could have given you the answer sooner Jams.

25. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Sounds like it.:p Now you should put it in one of those banners you make.[face_laugh] :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.