main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker fans UNITE! (v.2)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by lightknight, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    It's sort of like a pre-filming routine where they spell/act out exactly what they are going to do before they film the scene. They take pictures to illustrate exactly what is hapenning....or something like that.

2. rehtul-minnau

rehtul-minnau Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2010
    Hmmm...it could be a walk through shot, then. I don't think I remember that particular camera angle in the movie, though, so it could be a promotional picture in which they hadn't put the blades in yet.

3. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    They don't always use shots/angles from the walkthroughs. Part of a walkthrough will establish the best possible angles for shooting as well. It's a good way to "film" a scene without actually filming it.

4. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Is it just me, or does Luke seem to be squinting one eye in the throne room in ROTJ? (Do I notice the strangest things or what? :p)

5. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I can't tell- I went to go do one of my usual 1-6 marathons the other day, only to find out I'm missing my copy of TESB.

It's driving me nuts- I can't even just watch the OT like I could if I was missing one of the prequels... gah, I need my Luke fix, dangit! [face_frustrated]

6. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Do you watch the entire saga in one day?

Oh No! :eek: :_| That's one of the best ones! (Especially if you like Luke).

[face_laugh] Yes! I know exactly how you feel! I felt the same way a few days ago; I cured myself by watching ANH and ESB, reading a little (okay, a lot) of Luke and Mara fanfiction as well as looking at the pictures on his Wookieepedia page.

As to the squinting, I noticed it first when he's standing on the platform above Vader - I think it's the left eye.

7. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I just managed to get my hands on a 1979 Kenner ESB Luke Skywalker w/ Tauntaun from the opening scenes of the movie. When I get the time, I will take a pic and post it.:D

8. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Luke Skywalker is all that is left of the "hotness" that was once Mark Hamill. It's good to be a Luke fan.

9. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010

Isn't it though? :D

10. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    I rarely find the time for it, like maybe once a year if I'm lucky. More often, I watch it over the course of two or three days. But dangit, I STILL can't find TESB- it's driving me NUTS! :_|

11. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Hopefully it will show up soon! [face_praying] :)

I have decided that it is probably not a good idea to read fanfiction in which Luke dies (NO!! :_|) unless I have a very large supply of tissue available.

12. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Have you got the picture yet? (in Gollum voice) We wants to see it, don't we, Precious? :p

13. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Actually I haven't yet. I'll have to get to it A.S.A.P.

14. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    All right, Luke, I'm tired of having to dig you up out of the second page. We need something to discuss....

Okay, a question for everyone: Which of Luke's outfits is your favorite, and which is your least favorite?

15. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Luke black Jedi suit is the best I feel. Then I would say his Yavin medal ceremony one is my least favourite.

And I'll get those pics as soon as I can. My camera needs batteries so I'm waiting on that.

16. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    I also like his black outfit best. I like his orange piloting outfit least, though.:p

17. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Really? I kind of like the helmet on him, though. :p

Hmmm...it seems that I forgot to say which I liked and disliked. I agree with you, JediMaster1511; my favorite is the black in ROTJ, and my least favorite is the Ceremony outfit. That jacket was about three sizes too big and an absolutely sickening color. [face_sick] :p

18. Jobal_Naberrie

Jobal_Naberrie Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2010
    I really like his gray outfit, but the black one is probably my favorite. My least favorite; definitely the Ceremony outfit. What was he thinking?:oops:

19. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Oohh, yes, the grey outfit. :) He looked rather skinny in that one, didn't he?

20. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Another picture:
    [image=http://i.imgur.com/1m9rN.jpg]
    I need more book suggestions! :D Which of the Fate of the Jedi series are any good?

21. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    They're all decent IMO.

22. Lady_Jedi93

Lady_Jedi93 Jedi Knight star 4

May 11, 2010
    I've not read any of them and I don't know if I want to [face_plain]

23. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    At the very least, check Outcast out on audiobook. Reason being there's a section near the end of the book that is ESPECIALLY hilarious when you can listen to it. Had me in stitches, had to listen to it about a dozen times- actually being able to hear it made it twice as funny as reading it. Trust me on this- it'll make the book as a whole better, if for that section alone. ;)

Also, while typing up a post for the Save Our Darth thread in Lit, a Luke and Obi-Wan parallel hit me, had to share.

When Luke flips up to that catwalk, and does his, "You didn't kill me then, and you won't destroy me now" speech, and Vader replies by hurling his lightsaber to continue the fight.

This is a moment that gains a lot from the addition of ROTS. The hurling lightsaber shows Vader's learned from Mustafar- he's not going to leap up there and get sliced 'n' diced again.

Because, as I've just pointed out, Luke DID just pull the high ground move on him. I mean, almost exactly the same move- backflip up to the high ground.

Compare the two-

9:07ish in this vid of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzph5aVsa-0

And 3:11 or so in this vid of Luke vs. Vader Round 2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjpx8YPeHds

Food for thought! [face_peace]

24. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010

Would that have anything to do with Ben, perhaps? ;)

I've noticed that thing about the "high ground" in ROTJ and ROTS. George seems to like to parallel the originals a lot. :p I think it's really interesting how much alike Luke and Obi-Wan are.

25. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Yep, I think you know what I'm talking about. And I'm laughing just remembering it- it's THAT funny! [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.