main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker fans UNITE! (v.2)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by lightknight, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toshi Station

Toshi Station Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 1999
    Finally, some Luke fans have popped in.

Luke undergoes a transformation during the trilogy. His black dress in ROTJ is a (subtle?) indication that he is following in his father's footsteps.

He is VERY Vaderish.

2. lightknight

lightknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Vaderish... So calmed, so mind-trained,so mature -all in the ways of a good jedi, as an AOTC's Mace Windu...
    No,I would not say that 'vaderish' is exactly exactly the right word.

Black robes suggest more dignity...
    Well,I dunno what is the word we need, but vaderish,in my opinion, would be going a little bit too far...

3. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Physically, he looks more like Vader.
    But mentally, his level of calm is very Zen-like. It's only really at the end, fighting Vader for the last time, that Luke's level of control finally fails him.

4. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002

2nd page! I kiss the sweet screen! *smack*

Ooh, the duel in ROTJ...so dramatic...so cool. One of my favorite SW scenes of all time.

You've proabaly noticed how the flap of Luke's jacket opened at the end of that scene. That was meant to be symbolic for Luke's conquering the dark side and staying on the light. If you notice, before he duels, his all-black outfit seems rather ominous if you consider it symbolically.

5. lightknight

Feb 21, 2001
    You've proabaly noticed how the flap of Luke's jacket opened at the end of that scene. That was meant to be symbolic for Luke's conquering the dark side and staying on the light.

Wow,never heard about that :eek: , but it sounds coherent. :)

6. lightknight

Feb 21, 2001
    It can almost be seen here...

[image=http://justluke.virtualave.net/images/wink33.jpg]

;)

7. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

There it is!

I noticed you get your Lukie pics from justluke, lightnight. That sight is my favorite Luke-related one, not counting loveluke which has been closed down for a year but is REOPENING SOON!

8. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    I've changed my usual Luke symbol to the Christmas version :)

9. DarthNoll

DarthNoll Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2002
    Just thought this here thread needed a little bumperoo.

Been having a run of Luke Skywalker dreams this past week. Anyone else ever have this "problem?" [face_love]

10. Naccha

Naccha Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    <<sigh>> I wish...

11. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    Luke Skywalker is the man!!! He has been, and always will be my favorite Star Wars character.

12. lightknight

Feb 21, 2001
    Ah, yeah... Why we cannot dream with a real boy as all girls do?

It is a nice dream, though...

Dejade: justluke is fantastic!! ;)

13. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

I've had a couple of strange dreams...once I dreamt I was in a large landspeeder w/Luke, Leia, and Han, FLYING over a forest at sunset, while the Titanic theme played in the background...

Hey, I said it was strange!

I was thinking of starting some kind of Luke Squadron, with a roster. Anyone like the idea?

14. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

I said, anyone like the idea? ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It's Christmas Eve, and I would like to wish everyone a very merry, very happy Christmas. May your days be merry and bright, and God bless!

~DeJade_Vu

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

15. lightknight

Feb 21, 2001
    Good, but difficult...

16. lightknight

Feb 21, 2001
    OOOPS! Does this thread close on holidays or what? UP! :)

17. MD-O

MD-O Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2000
    Luke is my favorite Star Wars character. Hamill does a masterful job of giving us a slightly different and more mature Luke with each movie.

18. lightknight

Feb 21, 2001
    Nice to hear that!Welcome MD-0!

19. mistryljediskywalker

mistryljediskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    to roster sounds like a good idea, I'm in several other groups that do that.

20. DamonD

Nov 22, 2002
    LUKE SKYWALKER IS THE WELLSPRING FROM WHICH WE FLOW!!

Sorry, sorry...I've been hanging around the Ian McDiarmid thread in the AOTC Forum a bit too much...

21. lightknight

Feb 21, 2001
    Ok, so if nobody is afraid of anything, fasten your seat belts, tripulation, let's start doing that roster!

22. son-of-skywalker13

son-of-skywalker13 Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 27, 2002
    luke is pretty cool .... hes much better then anakin. Anakin kinda makes me angry because he always gets his way and the fact that people call luke a whiner is absurd if you look at AOTC becuase all anakin does is whine

but getting back to the subject ... luke is awesome and if it wasnt for yoda, he would be my favorite character

23. lightknight

Feb 21, 2001
    Well, we could say that Yoda is like a 'subject' appart. He's always venerable and wise. He deserves to be respected as a caracter.

24. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

Okay, guys, this thread seems to have been suffering a bit, since my last post was made on Christmas. ;)

So, UP!!!

And welcome everyone who joined before. We gotta get a roster going. But the thing is, the roster needs a name, so we can name ourselves appropriately (like, I'm on a Mara Jade club roster, so everyone has a number with the word Jade in front of it). What should it be? Give some suggestions!

25. VanLiz

VanLiz Jedi Master star 1

Apr 13, 2002
    Luke is my favorite character in the entire saga (Obiwan has become my 2nd favorite). He's brave, smart and loyal. He is also humble. If he were as arrogant as Anakin I would not like him as much as I do.

I understood Luke's desire to leave home and go on adventures, I understood his frustration when Uncle Owen wouldn't let him leave. Luke could have left anyway but he didn't either because he was scared or because he was being loyal to his family. I don't know which was the reason but both are understandable. I also felt sorry for him when Vader died in his arms because he'd lost so many people who were important to him. Luke is a wonderful character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.