main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker fans UNITE! (v.2)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by lightknight, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Hair changes are definitely possible. A lot of babies are born with blond hair and it later turns into another colour. Still, my point does make sense. My hair is originally black, but when exposed to the sun for an extended period of time it becomes a dark shade of brown. So it'd make sense for Luke's hair to become darker after spending so much time in space.

2. hydrogen_helium

hydrogen_helium Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2010
    Guys, my heart just melted.

[image=http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy29/hydrogen_helium/Other/33565_444043994003_803164003_5107694_6975042_n.jpg]

:3

3. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    *dies of an overdose of cuteness*

*gets back up and snatches*

Excuse me while I go make a copy of this...

4. rehtul-minnau

rehtul-minnau Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2010
    That's a great picture! :D

If the sun bleached his hair, these must have been pretty early in production; his hair is pretty dark:

[image=http://i.imgur.com/teudL.png] [image=http://i.imgur.com/OEFrx.png]

And here in Jedi, it looks as dark as Han's:

[image=http://i.imgur.com/7eKwt.png]

I love that last picture! :D

5. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    That last picture has me wondering to who that hand belongs to. Definitely not an ewok [face_laugh]

And yeah, it was probably during the filming that it became paler. The lightning can also be a reasoning. I mean Han's parka in ESB looks blue but it's actually brown.

6. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010

I believe that's Han's hand, Glee.

7. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    :oops: Yeah now I remember... yet another brain-fail moment. I really need to work on finding an upgrade for this brain.

8. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Found a few more pictures you fellows might enjoy:

[image=http://i.imgur.com/XXlvl.png] [image=http://i.imgur.com/sokL8.png] [image=http://i.imgur.com/dNVnm.png]

9. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Shame on me, I haven't been in here for days! :eek:

I finished reading "Shadows of Mindor", and (don't get mad at me, guys, please! [face_worried] ), I didn't think it particularly good. NOT ENOUGH LUKE! And even when it did have him, he was never really doing anything. I liked only the parts were Luke its talking to Geptun (at the very beginning and the very end) and the part were Cronal is attempting to master Luke's accent. I believe I like the Thrawn Trilogy better. Luke seems more like Luke in those. He's got a little bit of a sense of humor, and he's not on the verge of tears at every moment.

10. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Hey rhetul, that's alright. I don't mind the tearing down a little, shows another side of Luke and to be honest I think the guilt he has when talking with Geptun is genuine and a part of his character. Not to mention that his 'failing' in saving all those lives also show that he's not god either, which is something I happen to like. The bit about Hobbie though... well that's for another thread altogether [face_laugh]

11. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    I don't mind him crying (in fact, there is a part in Outcast when he cried, and it's one of my favorite parts in the whole EU), and I do like that side of his character; it seemed, however, that in Shadows of Mindor it was the only side we ever saw. I want him to be happy sometime, too! :p But he only smiled once, and he never laughed. I guess I simply felt sorry for him and was annoyed that no one would even try to cheer him up. I must say, though, I did enjoy the bit of a duel that he had with Nick.

I always thought it rather neat how Luke has his hands this way - very Jedi Master-ish:

[image=http://www.rebelshaven.com/images/Luke/Luke009.jpg]

12. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    I loved that, too! :D

So, just making sure, did I let you guys in on some of the better Luke-related tidbits from The Jedi Path yet? Can't keep track of all the places I have to talk about it yet- there's the Obi-Wan fan club, the SOS threads, the New Jedi Trials, so on and so forth. It's a wonder I still remembered to ask! 8-}

13. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Dewback: Hum you could, but maybe you should highlight them in case they are considered spoilers. I haven't had the chance to buy it yet and to be honest, I don't know if I want to cash out a 100$ for it. I have a lot of stuff coming up in the next weeks and I'm still wondering if I'll even be able to buy TFUII when it comes out on Tuesday. Asking it for Christmas is out of the question as well. So yeah, I might appreciate not being spoiled the fun commentary, although I might also crack and read them anyways... so I guess highlight them if you wish.

In short, the answer you're looking for is: No, you didn't.

rhetul: I wouldn't know about Outcast, haven't read that book yet. I'll give it to you though, it did seem to be the only side explored of his character in that novel. Although I do have to point out that for the most part he was on his own, not even Artoo was with him. That's not something we see too often, IIRC. That could explain the lack of laughter.

14. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    I would definitely suggest reading Outcast. As far as I can remember, it doesn't have any language or things like that (but I'm not absolutely sure about that, it's been a while since I read it). Luke and Ben are perfect together, and there is plenty of them.

I guess he didn't really have anyone to talk to except Nick (and he wasn't too particularly cheerful). But the ending could have been happier, in my opinion. I like happy endings. :p

Dewback: I read your posts in the Obi-Wan fan club. Did they handwrite the notes?

15. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Yep! I particularly like Darth Sidious' Intentionally-Evil Signature of Evil (in RED INK! [face_devil] ). [face_laugh]

16. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    The ending of the Outcast audiobook is a screaming riot- Ben singing an annoying song in a chipmunk-voice due to Dorin's atmosphere, while Luke makes a valiant effort towards maintaining his patience as a father AND a Jedi Master. I had to listen to it about a dozen times, and my mom was afraid I was going to quit breathing, I was laughing so hard! [face_laugh]

17. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    I must ask then, is Luke's handwriting sloppy?

18. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    No, actually- he has some of the most legible handwriting in the book. ;)

19. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    There were some visuals of it on Amazon actually and I love his handwriting from what I say. Only I'm probably going to be getting the cheaper version when it comes out. And great, now I want to hear that singing of Ben's...

Rhetul, I haven't read it because I haven't finished the LOTF series and I'd rather have those finished before starting the FOTJ. That and by the time I get there, I might be able to buy the HC for a little cheaper than the 32$ going at the moment :)

20. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    I can't seem to find them. [face_thinking] Where exactly are they?

21. Fallen-Hero

Sep 5, 2009
    Well, don't you have the option to 'Look inside'? That's how I saw his handwriting...

By the way you should be made aware that I blame you and only you for spoiling me a tiny part of Luke's arrestation Dewback. I tried to find the singing bit on youtube and ended up with the guy reading about that Captain [face_plain]

I'm kidding, I knew about him being Exiled and sides, it's a little hard to stay spoiler free around here. Too curious for my own good, I go and skim through the highlighted stuff posted in this thread anyways. :oops:

22. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010
    Thankfully Luke's characterization is a lot better in FotJ. Now if only we can get rid of Starkiller...

23. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Ooops. I'm terribly sorry about the stupid question. :( Now why didn't I see that....? :oops:

24. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Well, blast, it doesn't seem to be working. :( I'll have to see if I can find them somewhere else.

I agree. He's rather boring in the NJO; he tells everyone else what to do, and they do it while he sits back and watches.

25. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Thankfully, Star Wars: Invasion shows us that Luke was QUITE active during the early half of the Yuuzhan Vong War; he just did everything offscreen as far as the books are concerned.

Seriously, Invasion has some really kickass Luke appearances. Killing over a dozen Vong in a matter of seconds, leaping out of an airspeeder at high altitude (the equivalent of jumping out of a plane without a parachute), dodging the incoming fire being poured at him, FLATTENING AN ENTIRE ARMY WITH A SINGLE BURST OF TK before landing completely unharmed by either the incoming fire or the fall itself, and then there's also a really great 'Luke as Teacher' moment: the comic's main protagonist, Finn Galfridian, spends an entire day staring at a pebble before he finally gets it to lift about three inches. While he's celebrating, Luke walks up, PLOPS A BOULDER THE SIZE OF A HOUSE ON FINN'S LITTLE PEBBLE, then smirks and tells him, "NOW lift it."

Finn's face is, as you can imagine, PRICELESS. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.