Luke Skywalker Fans Unite!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi Callie, Mar 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
  1. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    Calling all fans of the blue-eyed Jedi!! Our thread has been gone for a while, but it shall rise like the phoenix if I have my way

Roll call, folks! Raise your hand and be proud!!

Let's hear it for the true hero of the saga!!!!
  2. Wormie2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    *waving my hand in the air.

3. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    Welcome, dear Wormie! I hereby annoint you second in command here ...
  4. Bob The Jawa Jedi Knight

star 2
    Bob The Jawa!?.....present
  5. JediMistress Jedi Master

star 2
    Hi all...the LSUII thread is stil up and running too. Forum2/HTML/002205-7.html Forum2/HTML/002205-7.html

6. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    And just to get the ball rolling, I've devised my own little Luke survey

What do you love most about Luke?

What I love most about him is his unflagging integrity and his purity of heart . He cares so much and wants so much for things to be right, that he does what he can--even before anyone even asks him to (he's always the first to volunteer, e.g. when he finds out Leia is in trouble, he devises a plan to rescue her from execution). He never stops believing in truth and good, even during times when doing so would have meant risking his life (e.g. when he confronted Vader, knowing that there was still good in him). If he has flaws, it's that at times, this eagerness of his to jump into the fray and help those he loves has gotten him into trouble (exhibit A: Bespin). But even his flaws just endear him more to those who love him

What is your favorite Luke scene?

The double sunset in ANH. Nothing compares!!

What is your favorite Luke quote?

"You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

Ignoring EU for the moment, how do you picture Luke's future, post-ROTJ?

I picture him as happy, settled, but still striving to find goodness in the galaxy. I picture him married to someone who loves him and shares his dream of peace and harmony, and them having a large brood of children . I picture him with the same adventurous spirit, the same couragous soul, the same caring heart, and the same boyish sense of humor...

ANH Luke, ESB Luke, ROTJ Luke, or all of the above?

All of the above!! I loved the innocent, sheltered farmboy in ANH, I loved the cocky, hotshot pilot in ESB, and I loved the serene, confident Jedi in ROTJ. When I think of Luke, I always think of him as a combination of those qualities

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
    Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 03-28-2000).]
  7. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Present and accounted for! Okay, so I don't really know what I was quoting there, but oh well. Here I am!

What do you love most? His courage, kindness, tenacity, and unwavering faith in all that is good. Oh, yeah, and he's damn fine looking, too!

Favorite Scene Geez, don't know. I think I'm going to go with either the binary sunset from ANH or the bridge from ROTJ (ya, I know it's not the best acted scene in the OT, but I still love it!).

Favorite Quote I like 'em all!

Ignoring the EU... I don't think that way! All my ideas and stories are entrenched in the EU! I've never imagined anything different.

ANH, ESB, or ROTJ? Each one has its good qualities. But it's a toss up between ANH and ROTJ. I've used both in stories, so I have equal affection.

MTFBWYA,
    "T"

[This message has been edited by taramidala (edited 03-28-2000).]
  8. Nomi Jade Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedi Kaiba, present! Is there a position for Third in Command? I'd be happy to fill that possition!

Luke is very unique- he has a very sentimental side to him that most of the male gender do not have, instead they are very brute-ish: Luke is never like that. He isn't afraid, and is willing to stand up to whoever threatens him or his friends. He was determined to turn Vader to the Light Side, but never let that turn in to agression. When it did, he pushed his feelings of hatred aside and stood with the light. I don't have enough time to go through the list...

Oh yeah, and,

Those blue eyes

:[face_sigh]:

Sunset & Watching Vader's body burn...

He looks so cute when he's sad

Hmmm, that's a toughie- I can't decide!

Maybe-

Tell them if they don't do as you wish, you'll become angry and use your magic.

He said that so- just, well, So!

I picture it a nice, happy life, but still action-packed. I won't go into details.

All of the above!

9. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    LUKE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
    LUKE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
    LUKE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
    LUKE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!
    LUKE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Commander Antilles (edited 03-29-2000).]
  10. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    WEDGE RULES!!!!!!!!
    He has real piloting skill, unlike some farmboy wuss who just uses the Force.
    He didn't whine about unfairly not getting a medal in ANH because he's too big a guy. Luke told him to leave the trench run because he knew Wedge was too good to waste as target practice for Vader. He took down a walker in ESB while Luke pretended to cover him. And the piece de resistance: sending the DSII to hell. He won the Galactic Civil War for the Rebellion, since he'd have killed Vader and the Emperor even if Luke failed.

The gloves are now definitely off, Wormie.

[This message has been edited by Commander Antilles (edited 03-29-2000).]
  11. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    Oh poor Commander Antilles, he's got himself all twisted up because of our thread ! Are you that intimidated by us, darling? You may rant and rave, heathen, but it shall never change the truth!!

Luke rules!!!

Luke fans, I implore you to take the high road unlike this infidel . Do not under any circumstances invade the Wedge thread and utter a word of animosity. We'll show them who the class acts of the board are *teehee*

Luke Skywalker, ROTJ
  12. Nomi Jade Jedi Master

star 4
  13. General CaSS Antilles Jedi Knight

star 2
    . . .

[This message has been edited by General CaSS Antilles (edited 03-29-2000).]
  14. Wormie2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    CA, you really don't want to be throwing down the gauntlet at my feet, bud! And furthermore, you are out of your league, way too many allies of Luke in here.

Oh, forgot to mention this. The reason Wedge didn't get a medal was because HE DIDN'T DESERVE ONE! While Luke was saving the Rebel Alliance, your boy was running away, crying about one dead engine, so there!
  15. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jedi Callie:
    Oh poor Commander Antilles, he's got himself all twisted up because of our thread ! Are you that intimidated by us, darling?

Don't flatter yourself.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Your boy was running away, crying about one dead engine, so there!
    Is that the only thing you can think of to bash Wedge with, Wormie?
    Wormie's a really appropriate name for Luke BTW. It sums the loser up perfectly.

Oh, and Wormie, go kiss a Hutt

16. Wormie2 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I was trying to be nice, but if you really want me tell you why Wedge is a monkey, let's go back to the appropriate thread for that, shall we?

17. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    If you actually love him, you belong in a straitjacket.

Getting blasted by Force lightning.
    Hand being chopped off by Vader.
    Seeing Owen and Beru's bodies.
    Getting kissed by his own sister.

"You ask the impossible."
    "I can't do it, it's too big."
    Classic whiny moments

Who cares?
  18. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    Commander Antilles: hey seriously, could you go read my message to you in the Starbucks thread? Thanks...

Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 03-29-2000).]
  19. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    ANYWAY, let's get back to the Luke gushing, shall we?

We can just ignore the infidels and feel pity for them for they do not believe

Hey JM, if you're reading this, how's about posting some Luke pics, please? Let's christen this place with some pictures of our beloved!

I'll start with mine . This isn't a picture of Luke, but it is a picture of his awesome portrayer, Mark Hamill!!

http://jedicallie.tripod.com/markaxcess.jpg

Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

20. Mickey Jedi Knight

All Hail Luke Skywalker, jedi knight and savior of the galaxy!

My favorite Luke moment: No one has mentioned this, but the confrontational scene between Luke and Vader in ESB. When Vader tells Luke that he is his father and Luke reacts with that famous "NOOOOO", I get chills. I've been watching this movie for 20 years and I still get chills.

I can't really define what it is about Luke that I like best and I'm not sure how is future would be. I'll just leave you with my favorite moment.

MTFBWY - Mickey
  21. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    BethR: Welcome! *hand wave* Nice to see you around here, too!

Callie: *sigh* Just as good as ever!

Wormie, CA: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I believe in Karma, what you give is what you get returned.
    ~Savage Garden, "Affirmation"
    CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?

MTFBWYA,
    "T"
    Proud Member of the Luke Skywalker Mafia

[This message has been edited by taramidala (edited 03-29-2000).]
  22. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    Taramidala: woohoo, Luke Skywalker mafia, I like the sound of that *hehe*

Mickey: that moment is forever ingrained in my mind as well. I saw ROTJ before I saw ESB, so I knew that Vader was his father, but I still got chills when I heard those words. And the scream of no that Luke gave was so raw and so powerful that it tears out my heart. What a traumatic thing for a person to go through--finding out the one person he hated most in the galaxy was actually the father he so revered and idolized!!

Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

23. Jedi15 Jedi Youngling

star 4

When he finally gives in to the dark side and starts hacking away at Vader in ROTJ. That scene, accompanied by Williams's kick-*** score, makes it one of the most chilling and powerful scenes in the entire series.

I have several of them (one from each movie):

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I care.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>You're gonna find I'm full of surprises.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Never. I'll never turn to the dark side. You failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.

I'd have to go with ROTJ Luke. In ANH, Luke was too naive for me to really like him. In TESB, he was somewhere in between. In ROTJ, the transformation was complete, and he gave the best performance of his career in that movie. He was absolutely convincing as a Jedi Knight.

LUKE RULES!

24. Lord Mauly Mall TFN/JC Banner Artist Team

VIP
    star 7
    http://sirstevesguide.com/images/darthmaulani.gif
    http://starwars.countingdown.com/images/starwars_2_m.jpg
    Anthony Daniels, Robert Carlyle, and Mark Hamill
    http://starwars.countingdown.com/images/starwars_3.jpg
    Luke and Biggs
  25. Jedi Callie Jedi Master

star 2
    Oh my dear God, I think I've died and gone to heaven . What a picture that is with him, Tony Daniels, and Robert Carlysle!! *rowr*

Jedi15: you picked my favorite line from ESB!! I loved his, "You'll find I'm full of surprises..."

Take that, Vader!! Your son is just as kick-a** as you, buddy!!!!!

Luke Skywalker, ROTJ
Moderators: Darth_Nub, MOC Yak Face
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.