main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker Fans Unite!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Jedi Callie, Mar 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    T: You get the cookie!! I was wondering how long it would take for someone to figure it out!

2. Mina

Mina Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2000
    posted by Qui-Gon Tim:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I'm sure my wife will let you all know when that happens!!!

ahh....

am i close? or being thick?

~~~Mina~~~

3. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    Mina: Bingo!

4. Jedi Callie

Jedi Callie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 1999
    Qui-Gon Tim: may I just be the first to say you've got a pretty awesome wife there . We love her on these here forums!!!!

5. Jedi Trace

Dec 15, 1999
    BLUSH!! *sputter*

Awwww, Callie! I come over here to answer this poll, and here you go making me get all embarrassed! redface.gif

For the record, I think you gals (and guys) are pretty terrific yourselves!

On to business:

What do you love most about Luke?
    His passion for the greater good. I never cared for the "scoundrel" types. There is something incredibly compelling about a man who believes his convictions completely and is utterly selfless in the pursuit of them.

What is your favorite Luke scene?
    Not falling for that! You're gonna get a list girlfriend: Twin Sunsets, death of Owen and Beru, the first time he sees Leia, anything involving Jedi training and/or a tank-top in TESB, the way he looks at Vader before letting go of the whatchamacallit in that big air-shaft thing (and NO - he did not scream on the way down!), the coup at the sail barge, the final duel with Vader, Anakin's death and funeral pyre, and the celebration on Endor. (And may I just say here that - thank you SE - Wedge doesn't look half-bad himself without that helmet on, and I think his and Luke's embrace is quite touching!)

What is your favorite Luke quote?
    Either, "I am a Jedi, like my father before me," or,"Father...I won't leave you!"

Ignoring the EU, how do you picture Luke's future?
    Well, considering I had about eight years to think about it before HttE hit the stands, let me see...Rebuilding the Jedi Order, training Leia to become a Jedi (like she SHOULD), becoming a Master himself, and of course, finding a soulmate and becoming the father he never had.

ANH Luke, ESB Luke, ROTJ Luke, or all of the above?
    I like his boy-ish spirit in ANH, his LOOKS in TESB, and...well...I'm a sucker for any (human) Jedi in robes with a lightsaber!

Do I get a title now?

OK, gotta go pack. Business trip to Florida - hate it!

[This message has been edited by Jedi Trace (edited 04-06-2000).]

6. Christina E.Skywalker

Christina E.Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2000
    Hi all.Ok,on to the poll:What do I love about Luke?He's a brave Jedi,sweet guy,kind,
    loveable,and really,really cute!
    Luke scene:ANH:The part where he's getting in
    to his x-wing for the first time,the Ceremony,where he smiles and drives me nuts!
    ESB:the recovery room on Hoth,his first meeting with Yoda,and Training(in that sexy muscle T),when he lands on Bespin,lurking
    around the corridors,when being rescued by Leia,Lando,Chewie,and on the medical frigate
    at the end.
    ROTJ:Entering Jabba's,telling Jabba off,swinging with Leia(for the 2nd time)to safety,then grinning while in his X-Wing after Han said thanx,his last visit with Yoda,and Ben,on Endor,and the final battle
    with daddy Vader,and Victory part where he
    smiles at Ben,his dad,and Yoda,and with the
    group.
    hehe.

7. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jedi Trace:
    ...(And may I just say here that - thank you SE - Wedge doesn't look half-bad himself without that helmet on, and I think his and Luke's embrace is quite touching!).....

You rule, Trace!!!

8. Sifu

Sifu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 18, 1999
    My favourite luke scene are where Luke and Daddy's sabers are locked together in battle on Cloud City (you can seeit in the small movie sequence they put on the special editions).

My favourite quote
    Nevertheless, you will bring captain solo and the wookiee to me said with complete authority.

[This message has been edited by Sifu (edited 04-06-2000).]

9. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Sifu: welcome!! Ah yes, that line is very powerful indeed . Similarly, I love it when he says to Jabba, "That's the last mistake you'll ever make!" Woohoo!! Cocky and unwavering, I love it. Take that, you hutt!!

Commander Antilles: only Trace rocks? Have I done something to offend you, my dear? First you send me to that page with the Luke and wife dolls, now this *sob*

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
    Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 04-06-2000).]

10. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Trace: LOL yes, I wholeheartedly agree with you--those tank-top scenes in ESB are just delicious!!!!

PS Have a safe trip, you!!

(apologies to all the males in here. I did promise I would keep my lusting to a minimum. Thus fills my quota for the day... Back to your regularly schduled programming...)

Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

11. Mina

Mina Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2000
    ya know,I just looove being right.... okay so it became obvious...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> from Jedi Trace -
    What do you love most about Luke?
    His passion for the greater good. I never cared for the "scoundrel" types. There is something incredibly compelling about a man who believes his convictions completely and is utterly selfless in the pursuit of them.

amen. If only there were more men like him... :[face_sigh]:

ooooh...talking about Wedge being darn sexy (which he IS!!) did any Brit girls see the series the Ambassador ?? Dennis Lawson looked so hot!!!

belated welcome to Sifu btw...

[This message has been edited by Mina (edited 04-06-2000).]

12. Mina

Mina Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2000
    Just beacuse I'm bored, Im jsut because Im escaping mathematical induction, what does everyone have as their desktop wall paper???

Luke?

thought so...

this is mine: http://starkillers.virtualave.net/fandom/wallpaper/2mark1024_768.jpg http://starkillers.virtualave.net/fandom/wallpaper/2mark1024_768.jpg

its a bit big to post!

13. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Trace and Mina: amen, sisters!! Nice boys definitely do not finish last as far as I'm concerned. I don't go for the scoundrel types either--I go for the sweet, kind-hearted, noble ones who want to change the world (or the galaxy, in this case *hehe*).

Mina, you said it perfectly--if only more guys were like him!

Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

[This message has been edited by Jedi Callie (edited 04-06-2000).]

14. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Well, I'd say something reassuring to Callie, and kiss Mina, but I'd get slapped by my wonderful General CaSS Antilles
    I saw DL once in The Ambassador getting up close and personal with some woman ( ), and seen him in Hornblower and a new UK TV series.

15. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    I forgive you, Commander Antilles . Shhh, we won't tell your wife anything *hehe*

I didn't know Dennis Lawson was in the Horatio Hornblower series!

You know, I have always wondered why he and Ewan MacGregor don't really resemble each other (though I must say, both are good-looking in their own right *hehe*)

16. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jedi Callie:
    I forgive you, Commander Antilles . Shhh, we won't tell your wife anything *hehe*
    I didn't know Dennis Lawson was in the Horatio Hornblower series!

Well, we ain't married....yet...

Dennis Lawson?!!! *snarl*
    Darth CA appears, ready to show the power of the dark side to the person who has spelt Dennis with two N's......

17. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    A thousand apologies, Commander Antilles!!! I have no excuse; my brain was out to lunch just now. Please accept my humblest apologies

18. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Fair's fair, Callie

19. Nomi Jade

Nomi Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2000
    Sorry for my absence, fellow Luke Lovers! Heres what a brought back as your treat:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=227849&a=1689071&p=17653406&Sequence=0">

20. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Jedi Callie: Yes, I know. I do have a great wife. Thanks!
    (I knew she was the one when I found out she loved Star Wars and The Phantom of the Opera.)

And now, I would like to answer the survey:

What do you like most about Luke?:
    I like Luke because he's always loyal to the ones he loves- even if it means sacrificing his own self-interests. Luke always tries to do the right thing. Luke represents humanity's struggle with evil's temptations and our ability to achieve goodness. His capacity for love and caring helps him achieve another noble characteristic- forgiveness. Watching him grow up throughout the Trilogy made a valuable and lasting impression on me. As a young man, I tried to emulate him, and still continue to do so. I think the best part about Luke Skywalker is, when things are at there worst, he's at his best. As any guy would say- I love you man!

What is your favorite Luke scene?:
    I absolutely love the scene in the beginning of ROTJ when the doors of Jabba's palace open and Luke enters wearing the long, black cloak. The way he calmly strolls in, bathed in a sheet of bright light from the background, plus his whole demeanor, says- "I've Arrived!!!"

Your Favorite Luke Quote?
    "You've failed your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my Father before me."

Ignoring the EU, How do you picture Luke's future?
    I foresee Luke becoming a great teacher and Jedi Master. He would bring about the rebirth of the Jedi order. It would be his life's work.

ANH Luke, ESB Luke, ROTJ Luke, or all of the above?
    All of the above. As I've said before, watching Luke mature had a tremendous effect on me. (When you don't have a Jedi Master of your own to show you the way, you take whatever you can get. Lucky for me I had Luke Skywalker.)

Well folks. I should go. I really need to spend less time on the net and much, much more time with my own little Padawan-
    Emma-Wan-Kenobi. (Or, as she is also known around our house as Queen Emmadala.)

I'll try and check in from time-to-time.

May the Force be with you.....always.- QGT

[This message has been edited by Qui-Gon Tim (edited 04-07-2000).]

21. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Qui-Gon Tim: oh that is tooo adorable, your little nicknames for your cutiepie!!!

I am in such a giddy mood right now because I just found out a friend of mine is 4 months pregnant . I feel like I'm living vicariously through her or something LOL!!

22. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Callie, here's a picture of you-know-who to make up for yesterdays shock!
    Those links were mainly for the others here, but there was one to a custom Callista figure (see it?).
    Anyway:

http://www.jedinet.com/multimedia/pictures/Characters/Luke_Skywalker/ http://www.jedinet.com/multimedia/pictures/Characters/Luke_Skywalker/

------------------------

PLEASE SEE NOTE IN ANNOUNCEMENTS CONCERNING 'IMAGE POSTING GUIDELINES' - thankyou

Chyren

[This message has been edited by Chyren (edited 06-08-2000).]

23. fiasco

fiasco Jedi Youngling

Feb 14, 2000
    Just wanted to check in to get Luke to rise again ....I'm on my way out the door and haven't had time to read the current thread. Will read--and drool--and comment later!

Bye!

24. Jedi Callie

Jun 14, 1999
    Commander Antilles: the pic didn't load . But thanks for the heads up on the link to the Callie doll

Luke Skywalker, ROTJ

25. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Damn!!!
    Try here: http://www.jedinet.com/multimedia/pictures/Characters/Luke_Skywalker/luke_021.jpg http://www.jedinet.com/multimedia/pictures/Characters/Luke_Skywalker/luke_021.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.