main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker (in EU) fan club!!!!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Tallie, Apr 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ.Frodo

MJ.Frodo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2000
    Her books ! COTJ, Dark Saber, and POT

Children of the Jedi
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0553572938.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Some images of Callista

http://hometown.aol.com/jmcallaste2/other.html

http://www.geocities.com/area51/capsule/5826/Callista.jpg

http://www.starwarscards.net/pages/swfscan2.html

Bio Unoffical Ency.
    Ming, Callista
    a Jedi Knight from Chad III, she grew up with her family on an ocean ranch, migrating on the Algic Current with the herds of tsaelke. When she accepted the assignement to intercept and disable the Eye of Palpatine, she and her lover, Geith, were unable to completely eliminate the threat of the ship. So, Callista decided to stay behind and try to disable the ship while Geith returned to get more help. When Geith was killed during his escape attempt, Callista sacrificed her physical body and left her Force-aura in the ship's automated firing computer. When Luke Skywalker, Cray Mingla, and Nichos Marr rediscovered the Eye, Callista fired on them, thinking that they were Imperial troops come to recover the ship. Then, Irek activated the ship's remote controls, re-initiatiing its original mission. Callista was unable to determine the causes, but she was able to sense Luke's string Force-presence when he was brought on board. She helped him rescue Cray and Nichos, but refused Luke's attempts to store her consciousness in a computer. However, when Cray decided to stay behind and detonate the ship, she gave Callista her own physical body. Callista escaped the Eye, but she could not longer touch the Force. So, while she loved Luke, she felt that they could not be together forever. The two tried everything they could think of to help her regain her Force sensitivity, but she only succeeded in finding the Dark Side. She vowed that, if the Dark Side was all she could touch, then she wanted nothing to do with the Force. This opened a rift between herself and Luke, which widened with each failure. When the Jedi Academy on Yavin 4 was attacked by Admiral Daala's fleet, Callista took matters into her own hands, and set out to strike a blow against the Empire, even without the abilities of the Force. She commandeered a TIE Bomber and landed on the Knight Hammer, quickly sabotaging the ship's complement of TIE Bombers to detonate their payloads and rip out the Super-class Star Destroyer's engines. She then went to confront Daala, allowing the Dark Side to wash over her as she tried to kill Daala. Daala succeeded in stunning Callista, while the Knight Hammer plunged into the core of Yavin. Callista was not killed when the ship exploded, however. She recovered, and escaped in one of the command-level emergency pods. She fled the New Republic and Luke, setting out to break through the barrier of the Dark Side in order to recover her powers. She felt that she needed to do this herself, and sent a final message to Luke, asking him to understand. Her travels led her to Nam Chorios, where she was drawn into the web of Taselda and Beldorion the Hutt. She tried to learn about the Force from both former Jedi, but was unable to truly regain her power. Taselda enslaved her with the promise of returned strength, using Callista to strike at Beldorion. After escaping the old woman, Callista realized that she was trying too hard to restore her Force sensitivity. She felt that this would lead herto the Dark Side, so she allowed herself to become Beldorion?s slave as well. This fear - the fear of falling into the Dark Side completely - was what kept Callista from rejoining Luke. She came to understand the strange relationship between the Force in the Spooks and the Therans, and joined one of their troops in working to keep the drochs from leaving the planet. It was Callista who re-initiated Leia Organa-Solo?s lightsber training, while they were spending time in a Theran camp. After the defeat of Dzym and Seti Ashgad, Callista again fled Luke, joining Umolly Darm and Be? as rock ivory hunters until she found her way in the Force. (COJ, DS, POT, SWJ14)

2. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    LOL! I guess Mara does sorta like Rambo mom.
    What the heck is a war bracelet anyway?

I really wanted to see Mara with her lightsaber on this cover. Have we even seen a pic of Mara with her lightsaber (the blue one). I know she has that purple-ish one in Union and she's holding Luke's on the cover of VOTF. I think the only place we've actually seen Mara with her "real" lightsaber is on the Japanese covers.

Here's a pic of the Japanese Onslaught cover:

http://www.swbooklist.com/intl/jp/onslaught1_jp.jpg

This is a great forty something Luke.

Do you think there is any chance that we'll see a half way decent looking Luke cover before the end of this series?

)What was the worst romance of all,and why?
    2)Who would have been the best outside Mara,and why?

I'll come back to the first question later.

2) I would probably pick Alex Winger or a totally new character. But, I have a hard time seeing Luke with anyone but Mara.

3. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Here?s she Akanah

Oops wrong picture so sorry [face_devil]

The new Rebellion and Before the Storm

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0553574140.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Bio Unofficial Encyclopedia
    Akanah was a descendant of the Fallanassi through her mother, Isela, who sent her to live on Carratos when the Empire first sought to take over Lucazec. Akanah lived there as a normal individual, although she was the only Fallanassi on the planet. There, she met and married Andras Pell. Pell was 36 years her senior, and the marriage lasted a year until Andras passed away. Some time later, she sensed the presence of Luke Skywalker, although she did it through the command of the White Current, rather than the Force. She travelled to Coruscant and found Luke, even though he'd hidden himself away in Darth Vader's old residence. She came to him with an offer to help him find his mother and therey ease some of his emotional burden. She took Luke to her homeworld of Lucazec, but they failed to find any information on Luke's mother. They did find a Fallanassi marking indicating where they fled to, and left Lucazec only after battling with Imperial agents left behind to intercept the Fallanassi. They continued to follow a path known only to Akanah, travelling to Teyr and Atzerri before arriving on J't'p'tan. Akanah was very secretive about their search, which worried Luke about her motives. (BTS, SOL)

4. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi Hope that was one of the best image of Luke on the covers :)

5. Tallie

Tallie Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    Well I'd have to say the worst relationships would have to be Callista and Akanah. Akanah was a lying snippet and Callista was a disembodied wuss with a robotic personality, IMO. I despise them both, may the Vong capture and sacrafice them [face_devil]

Outside Mara (may it never be!) I would vote for Gaereil (sp) because she was nice and not too prissy, like SOME other characters (see above paragraph). Though Luke and Mara are perfectly matched and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I hadn't heard of Jem, though I never found copies of the DE seres so that makes sense. Great pics and bios Fodo, thanks ;)

6. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    'Well I'd have to say the worst relationships would have to be Callista and Akanah. Akanah was a lying snippet and Callista was a disembodied wuss with a robotic personality, IMO. I despise them both, may the Vong capture and sacrafice them'

Well said! Luke should never have bothered with those sniveling little sh.......ahem, well you know what I mean ;)

7. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah, I know what you mean ;) and I agree completely. Here are some covers you all might to take a peak at

Ooops I don't know anymore which I've already sent,but here are soem cool ones
    Yeah I'm glad more people seems to join

On to the 1000 Tall

Truce at Bakura

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0553568728.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

The Last command
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0553564927.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Dark Force Rising
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0553560719.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Snowdown at Centerpoint

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0553298062.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Assault at Selonia
    http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0553298054.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

Pretty cool, thanks for sending them to me Frodo. To be honest I never considered the "thing" Luke had for Leia to be a love interest, he liked her but she was always more into Han, IMO. Coarse if you go in that direction I guess you could say Gerial (sp) wasn't much of one, still I liked how Tyers portrayed that in Truce at Bakura, it was interesting, knida bitter sweet in way, I don't dispise her like I do all his other "loves" ;) so she can't be all that bad, lol [face_laugh]

8. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Well I don't really think Luke and Akahnah's( argh!! sp??) had a relationship to begin with maybe something along the edges of friendship that sort of evolved into a one night stand thing ( at least I think they did it, there were hints but I'm not really good at catching it, just call me a dumb virgin ). And I agree, Akahnah did use Luke for nothing else but her own purposes, but at least it dragged the Jedi Master out of Vader's Castle. :) Callista and Luke... ack! They are the worst couples I've ever seen. I think Callista was stupid for actually abandoning Luke just because she can't touch the Force, boo-hoo! Sorry girl, but you're the worst one I've met yet because you actually chose the Force over love. How stupid was that!!!?? Anyways, I suppose that was for the good, because if she'd stayed, I bet Luke would never have gone with Mara. Now those two belong with each other.
    As for the best relationship, Gaerial and Luke, she had a personality and was strong in her own ways. Not like the above said, Katy Tyers ( sp?) did a great job on their budding relationship.

9. JadenSkywalker

JadenSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    You guys post so much! I have so little time to spend here and I can't keep up. :_| All I'll do right now is post the cover of the first book in the Black Fleet Crisis, Before the Storm. I'ts a little small, sorry. I couldn't find anything bigger.

http://starwars.about.com/movies/starwars/library/graphics/book-blackfleet1.jpg

10. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    The only thing I've liked about BFC were the covers. They were excellent, but the books themselves were lacking in... action? I don't know, but there was something about those books that I didn't like.

11. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Oops I've got here the bigger version JS,sorry. Like that cover too,
    Luke looks great here

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0553574140.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

12. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hope ?I really wanted to see Mara with her lightsaber on this cover. Have we even seen a pic of Mara with her lightsaber (the blue one). I know she has that purple-ish one in Union and she's holding Luke's on the cover of VOTF. I think the only place we've actually seen Mara with her "real" lightsaber is on the Japanese covers. ?

Seems that only the Japenese people get the best of the NJO covers to see,and the details Hope. Look at ours uhh.Seems many things going on wrong.

13. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Rebirth cover:
    I don't think Mara really looks tough with that gun - she looks silly. Come one, what is the recoil like on something that big? How practical would it be for Mara to use a gun that would knock her off her feet (especially in her condition)?

I also like the New Rebellion cover. I forgot how good Luke looks on that cover.

Ack! sometimes I forget whether I'm posting in the Mara or Luke thread. LOL

14. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    What was the worst romance of all,and why?
    Ah have to agree with most of you,no surprise I guess, :)

On the first place Akanah,while Callista at least had loved Luke for a while. But Akanah,never a word can be said how low she has acted against Luke.

Callista on the second place,for leaving Luke and the dubious transfer with Cray.

That book Children of the Jedi contains alot of thoughtless ideas,which was for me one of the worst book ever. Callista transfer in Crays body,sorry but from all the billions living girls he gets a former ghost from B. Hambly. Luke fell in love with an more than 50 years older woman, a ghost caught in an computer, 30 years long, Every normal human would have been mad after such a long time and experiences,but not she. And how could a spirit/ghost can be caught in material? Sure is?s all fantasy and science fiction.but ah well. Just don?t think it?s right to live again in another body,or to made suicide only while her lover is gone. Jedi should have not the right to do what not available is for normal people,imo that would be corrupt.

And what I don?t like about all the former romances of Luke is that it was so senseless after all, cuz what brought it Luke ??
    Nothing than pain and frustration. All the girls/woman died or left him.
    Me thinks Mara and Luke should have been together many years earlier,then Luke would not have to suffering that long

15. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hello Hope!!

Rebirth cover yeah you're right.It looks not that great to view an very pregnant woman with such a big gun,and behind her, her husband with a lightsabre. :)

16. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    One question to the romances. If Nichos was still alive,would Cray offer her body to Callista,so obsessed as she was with her love to Nichos??
    What do you think? I think she wouldn?t ,but I?m curious to know what you think

17. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah most of the covers of the old Bantam books were really cool.The artist have done a good job on the faces of the charactere,or is it just me??? [face_laugh]

18. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    <<<One question to the romances. If Nichos was still alive,would Cray offer her body to Callista,so obsessed as she was with her love to Nichos??
    What do you think? I think she wouldn?t ,but I?m curious to know what you think>>>

Good question. I have to wonder how Nichos felt about the whole thing. How would he feel knowing that Cray basically killed herself because of him? The whole Cray/Nichos thing puts the Prequel idea of frowning upon Padawans becoming involved in relationships in perspective.

I don't think I would have minded the ten year long courtship if we were allowed to see Luke and Mara's developing friendship in the Bantam books. It seems the only time we ever saw Mara was when she showed up to help Luke and co. out of a jam.

19. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    The whole thing was confusing,and give us questions like how could Cray and Callista knew how to use a dark side power skill, like the transfer? It's a statement in one of the sourcebooks,that its a dark side power skill, and Callista got even dark side points because of that.I could be wrong,but with the transfer I'm sure.And only the clone Emperor used it in D.E. as far I know.

20. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    What I also don't like is the fact that luke and Callista barely knew each other,and "did" in their dreams scene's. Come on for two Jedi's! Where's the self control about that??

21. Tallie

Mar 26, 2001
    That really bugged me too, and the thing he suposedly "did" with Akanah.....there are better ways to comfort someone, stupid little slut (pardon the language but it's true, IMO) probably made the whole thing up just to get close. Grrrrrrrrr I refuse to belive that two grown people, one of whom is a Jedi MASTER, would be so childish and immature! Sorry but I ain't buying it. Maybe he just gave her a hug, or put her in a sleeping trance, something like that, she was pathetic anyway.

Oh and the whole Callista thing may is nothing but presumtious poppycock :mad: that stupid "dream" he had might have simply been one of those thing guys do from time to time, no reason to mention OR make a big deal over it. How the heck could someone fall in "love" with a computer?????? Kinda like those interenet relationships if you ask me (no offence intended). And then her steeling Cray's body...yeah RIGHT! I would call that assisted suicide...or you could just call her a body snatcher, whatever floats your boat. And who's to say Cray even agreed? Callista's not the nicest person maybe she did one of the "give me your body or I'll blow you to bits" things....never know.

That's my take on both of them.

22. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Just wonder can an Jedi allowed herself to such a obsessed and absorbed love to her man,and forget and will lost everything what she got,only to be with him even in the death? I mean it is not that she'll never see him again,Jedi do,that's for sure. She has to wait awhile,but other widows and people who lost their loves has to wait to.Not to forget she has a duty as Jedi and what about Cray her family and close friends?? And what I find annoying is, B.Hambly wrote Luke to let him find everything okay on that issue.Luke act so brainless here,its so painfull to see our hero that way. :(
    It's just a story from two people whom are lonesome for a very long time and find eachother,and thought this is the right one,though they barely knew each other.

23. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Hope "I have to wonder how Nichos felt about the whole thing. How would he feel knowing that Cray basically killed herself because of him? "

I think that Nichos,wouldn't agree with hat,but would advice Cray just as every other people that lost their beloved,find a way to deal with that.Every living being has to deal with that once in life,so why not Cray? What I missed in COTJ is the spirit of Nichos that appears after his death! He could probably warned Cray to do such a mistake. I saw this "spirits" appearances happen once with Anakin Skwalker,and once with the husband of Nomi Sunrider.

24. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Yeah Akanah is the worst,imo ! :mad:
    She has never loved Luke!! And hopefully that's not true that Luke "did" something with her. :(
    Callista loved Luke,at least, she believe that herself. But would she really loved him she never would left him,and give him such a hard time.

25. MJ.Frodo

Apr 1, 2000
    Question do you think/wish that Calista or Akanah ever come back in the SW novels,and if why??

I personally see not any sense in it,now Mara is happily married to Luke

JS "You guys post so much! I have so little time to spend here and I can't keep up."

Oops I forgot I'm sorry JS,will try not to post too much topics or post okay :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.