main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker (in EU) fan club!!!!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Tallie, Apr 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeJade_Vu

DeJade_Vu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002

People...are...posting...in...this...thread...again...

*CLUNK*

Whoa, sorry, I just fainted.

8-}

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    this thread hasn't been posted in for 2 days.

Does Luke not have many fans anymore? :_|

3. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

I started a thread on Luke in the OT section, and people aren't exactly pouring in there, either. I know what you mean...maybe all the Luke fans are shy, or something. 8-}

Then again, maybe they're all busy in the SOS thread!

Busy discussing every single word in DW, that is... ;) I can see it all now:

"The word 'Destiny' is a noun, meaning 'that to which a person or thing is destined'. The ending shows that it is in the possessive case, which obviously shows it's relation to the word 'Way'. Therefore, the 'Way' is direct object of the word 'Destiny'."

"Um I don't quite agree with you there. The word 'Destiny' isn't the possessive. 'Way' would be the possessive, and not the direct object."

"Then what is the direct object? :confused: "

"there isnt any in the title, its only two words. wouldnt destiny be the subject then?"

"UP!"

8-} 8-} 8-}

4. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    all the Luke fans have fled. :(

I thought the Luke club in the Original Trilogy Forum was closed?

5. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

I did start a "Luke Skywalker Fans UNITE!" thread in the Classic Trilogy section, but it doesn't have THAT many replies (yet...).

6. Minigo Varay

Minigo Varay Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2000
    Well I'm a big Luke-fan so maybe I should post here....or something....Anyway, Luke's my favourite SW character!

I've only read the Thrawn trilogy though when it comes to the EU but the books where awesome (although I don't like the Ysalamari)and Luke rocks as always!!

7. Niralle

Niralle Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 28, 2001
    Well, I've pestered the Mara Jade Club, the SOS thread, and the fan fiction stories forum...heck, might as well be annoying in here as well! :p

As some of you, (probably a lot of you), know by now, I wrote a Luke/Mara fan fiction. So far, I've gotten some nice replies, and even people who have finished the entire thing! Very cool. :)

Anyway, all I want to do is put up the teaser and one excerpt from the story. I've already put up a lot of heated action parts, so I thought something a little less intense would be better. Excuse me if I'm wrong.

Personal note--I won't feel offended if you don't want to read my story. But, at least check it out. Please! :D

--------Teaser--------

--The Dividing Factor--

After years of harsh war, the New Republic is finally at peace. Making a truce with the Remnants of the Old Empire, it seems nothing can come between the galaxy and its prospects of freedom.

However, aspirations never go as hopeful as planned. A new enemy has found its way into the New Republic. Not one of money or power?fame or control?it has but one objective.

The entire annihilation of the human race.

Fear keeps them going. Fear alone drives them all.

And, now, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and his wife, Knight Mara Jade, have found themselves tossed into the center of the crisis. Only to realize quickly, things are not what they seem...

---------------------

And, here's the excerpt:

Setup--Mara/Luke are with a military crew on top of an enemy's base. They're attempting to figure out how to get inside without being detected...

..."Well sir," the computer slicer, Ross, finally spoke to Pace and the other twelve members of the crew, "I have some good news?and some of bad news."

Across from Mara on the other side of the roof's opening, Commander Matic Pace sighed. "Okay, let's hear it."

"I can access the main console from this shield grid."

"And, the bad?"

"It's going to take at least half an hour to decode and shut off."

"Blast it," Pace hissed, shook his head, then turned back to Ross. "Any other suggestions?"

"Well," Ross suddenly shot a look at Mara and Luke, catching Mara's full attention, "We might be able to send a hiccup into the system."

Pace blinked. "A hiccup?"

Ross seemed to swallow hard, but didn't budge his stare from the Jedi, "The computer grid is directly under the shield. I could shorten out the system for a second, maybe even two?enough to fit someone through?" he trailed off.

The emotional surge coming from Luke was unquestionable. Part of it was due to Mara being so adjusted to her husband's presence. But, it was also because Mara felt it inside herself as well. Together, they knew what Ross was suggesting.

Pace seemed to understand just the same.
    Gazing at Luke and Mara, the commander asked Ross, "There's no way we could shorten out just a tiny access point on the grid?say, one big enough to put a rope through?"

"No, sir, the shield can't be deactivated that way, " Ross replied to no surprise.
    Pace was still staring at Mara and her husband. It took him a second, but he finally asked, "Which one of you are better with mechanical devices?"

Mara didn't need to move. She was good at mechanical workings?very good, in fact?but the job required a Force trick Mara had yet to master. Her husband could handle the mechanics more swiftly, anyway. Luke was already extending a hand to Pace, gesturing for his datapad. Silently, the commander handed his over. Luke attached it to his belt and moved to the edge on the opening.

"You know what you're doing, right?" Pace questioned.

"Typical Jedi voodoo," Luke replied, then twisted his head to Ross, "Anytime you're ready, sir."

"Jump on my mark," the slicer stated, not taking his eyes from his datapad, "Three, two, one?"

The shield sparked off. With a rush of wind, Luke plunged like a speeding vessel into the hole. Mara watched him dive. The shield jumped back to life right after.

It was difficult to see through in darkened night

8. Niralle

Dec 28, 2001
    I could hear a pin drop in this place. Man, that sucks.

9. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    Hey, at least I am here! I [face_love] Luke!!

10. Niralle

Dec 28, 2001
    Devi, you should go to the SOS thread in the literature forum as well. It's a great Luke place!

11. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

My "Luke Skywalker Fans UNITE!" in the Classic Trilogy forum is a great place to hang out, too!! :D

Yes, this is my 2nd attempt to start a good Luke thread.

I'm not getting as many replies as I'd hoped (its been a couple weeks and there's only about 50 replies), so I guess all the Luke fans are in the other forums.

12. mistryljediskywalker

mistryljediskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    I'm back, once again. You're right though, Luke doesn't seem to have as much following as before. Would have checked back sooner but DRL took over for a while.

13. Cilghal 2

Cilghal 2 Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2000
    Hi! I'm a BIG Luke fan, and just found this thread. I'd love to get a good Luke discussion going, since he's my favorite SW topic. Anyone up for a discussion of Luke in Destiny's Way? Or any other novel?

Cil

14. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    IF any of you are Luke/Mara fans, go to Jade Crusades OR

Luke and Mara book thread in Lit

To find out more about the new zahn book that will have Luke and Mara!

15. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    Cilghal 2 and mistryljediSkywalker, it's good to see fellow Luke fans. I don't get here very much anymore. Real life doesn't give me much time to 'play' on the Forcenet boards. Other Luke fans are discussing DW and other books and Luke's role in them in the SOS SON OF SKYWALKER, You the Fans are my Only Hope thread in Lit. It was started by Skydancer. We're also trying to get Del Rey to give Luke better characterizations and a better role in the NJO.

You would be very welcome there. Hope to 'see' you there!

16. lightknight

lightknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Hello!!!! I'm here again!! Did you miss me?
    :D

[image=http://justluke.virtualave.net/images/comewith.jpg]

Here I give you a nice pic.

17. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

Love, the pic, lightnight... [face_love]

[face_drool]

18. lightknight

lightknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Thank you, Dejade!

BTW, where is the people?

19. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    the Luke fan club is very slow lately.......

many members have disappeared......like the founder.....and I believe, Senator, too.......

Does anyone think we should have a senator for the Luke fan club? I am already a senator, so I can't be one....but is anyone interested?

20. mistryljediskywalker

Sep 26, 2002
    I'm still around, popping in and out at times. It might be a good idea to have a senator.

21. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    **WARNING - SHAMELSS PLUG AHEAD!**:

I have a fan-fiction called, Followers of the Force. It star Luke, along with his son, Ben, wife Mara, and sister Leia, as well as a few other special appearances and original characters.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Thank you.

**WARNING - SHAMELSS PLUG!**

:D

22. mistryljediskywalker

Sep 26, 2002
  23. DeJade_Vu

Jul 29, 2002

If noone else wants to, I can be senator.

24. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    that's fine with me DeJade_Vu.

I think Tallie was the senator, but she's disappeared.

25. Malz4JESUS

Malz4JESUS Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 12, 2002
    D'oh! I forgot about this! :eek:

:_|

I'm back again! :D

So is DeJade our senator??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.