main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Luke Skywalker is NOT gay!

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Anakin Skywalker Vader, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin Skywalker Vader

Anakin Skywalker Vader Jedi Youngling

Feb 20, 2016
    Recently, when asked if Luke Skywalker could be gay, Mark Hamill said Luke's sexuality is not clearly specified and it was up to the viewer to interoperate and decide. But let's be honest: I think it is pretty clear that Hamill, who is very liberal, is just trying to support gay rights and to keep his fans happy.

Throughout most of the original series, Luke is in love with Leia. In the final episode, that love changes to platonic and he loves her as a sister, but before that he loved her sexually. It's pretty dang obvious, and it's made even more obvious in the deleted scene from "The Empire Strikes Back." After Luke almost freezes to death he tells Leia that his near-death experience got him thinking about how he might not ever be able to....... have a family or lover or something along those lines, Luke decides it best he doesn't finish his sentence. And then he tries to kiss her.

And what about Mara Jade Skywalker? Aka, Luke Skywalker's WIFE, who he has a child with. Of course, she was never in the actual movies, but, nonetheless and again, it is made pretty clear that Luke was not gay.

On top of that, these films came out long before homosexuality was so socially acceptable. I'm sure promoting it was never the intension of the director or the actors... until now. Obviously.

I rest my case. What do you all think?

Sarge likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think this doesn't need a separate thread. Lock.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.