main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Luke Skywalker TFA

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Obi-Wan21, May 23, 2016.

1. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Hello there,

My wife and I are beginning our costumes for Celebration Orlando, and I've had a heck of a time finding good references for Luke's clothing in TFA. If anyone has already started to tackle this, I was wondering if you had suggestions on the type of fabric, and any good suggestions for making a robotic right hand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey there. I haven't tackled Luke's TFA costume, but from the looks of it, it is fairly similar to many of the PT Jedi robes.

Honestly, the best reference images for Luke's costume, other than from the movie, are the costume leak images like this one

I'm not too knowledgeable, but fabric is one thing that is my specialty. Raw silk is probably what the costume is made out of, but it will probably cost you a pretty penny. Some wool fabric can be a nice substitute, but will still cost you. Linens can be a much more affordable route.

It hasn't been updated in a number of years, but I would take a look around The Padawan's Guide for ideas.

3. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Thanks so much for that. Especially for the fabric recommendations, this will be our first time tackling Star Wars costumes and we're sticklers for authenticity.