main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Luke Skywalker = "The Shade"?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Bosskkkk, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Why is there an argument over whether this is true or not? Until we get any official word from Lucasfilm or Disney about anything, EVERYTHING is speculation. That being said I see no problem with speculation and theorizing as long as we all understand that is what this is, and it is done in a spirt of fun. :D I like this speculation, it's interesting but I'm not betting the farm on it.

bran

TreborSabreon and Corax78 like this.
  2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Because the board would be full of garbage threads like this one - Not quite Supershadow level but close....

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    To be fair, there have been a lot of threads much worse than this since 10/30. At least in this case, something from outside the board surfaced and folks are just dishing on it. Is it legit? No idea whatsoever, but I don't see the harm in kicking the tires on it a bit?

Sean Sinclair and Corax78 like this.
  4. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    The tires are the last place I want to kick in this story... We're so desperate for scraps that even this bit of 'news' sparks a conversation.

5. _ThatJediScum_

_ThatJediScum_ Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    At least this is better than talking about layoffs. What else is there to speculate on? There is no news.

And as a bitter Clone Wars fan, I have no desire to talk about *that*, so I don't mind speculation about *this*.

bran

6. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    DarthBreezy

There are elements which I find laughably bad, as well.

That said, to me, the focus of the thread's title, Luke Skywalker working in the years following Endor, within the framework of a GFFA distrustful of Force-users, while playing both sides of the political aisle, reminds me of Lucas' comment about the ST looking at "moral and philosophical problems," the "necessity for moral choices" and the "wisdom needed to distinguish right from wrong, justice, confrontation," and that sounds like a great place to start with Luke, if not earlier in the timeline during an animated show, then certainly by the time the events of Episode VII roll around.

I nothing else ever comes of this, I'd certainly be okay if, prior to founding a full-fledged New Jedi Order (and in addition to siring a son), Luke is given this type of treatment.

7. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't hate the idea at all except for the droid enemy again. The clear sign that this is fan made is that the leader of the empire is Ras al Gul with a lisp. Also, spoiler alert, Sky Bonteri is the child of Lux and Ahsoka and she named him after Sky Guy.

eht13 likes this.
  8. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Two things I like are the Shade and the fact that Leia is trying to keep her relationship with Vader a secret. Whether or not this is real, that second plot point with Leia is actually something I can see being used.

9. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
  10. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Luke must be the Shade, but they could come up with a better nickname like the Shadow or the Mask or the Snake or the Black Ant.

11. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    that reminds me of this

12. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002

His first name will be Sup... No, I can't even joke about that.... [face_nail_biting]

13. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I likes the idea of black-armored, force-powered droids rising up from the secret levels of planets. Who would be behind such a thing? Neat.

As for the Shade, the name is intentionally pulpy. I like it.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  14. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    If this turns out to be legit, I would like to see more.

15. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    i missed the Solo twins (and Anakin) being involved :(

16. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Some of this looks very promising, some of it looks terrible. But I'm about 80% sure it's legit.

17. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Parts of it sounds awesome, but no i want Luke as the all powerful grandmaster nothing else ! and they dont even mention Jaina or Ben, f that.

18. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Who the hell is jaina? Also, Ben died in epi4. Doubtful he'll return in ghost form again.

fishtailsam likes this.
  19. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, I do too, eventually, but this is described as occurring only 15 years post-Endor, leaving plenty of time for Luke to become the Grand Master we all want to see. Like I said, if this is a starting point for Luke, who I would fully expect to develop over the course of the show, then I think it could be an interesting take.

As far as Ben and Jaina? You're damn right I want to see both (especially in the ST), but we only caught a peek at a couple of pages (there could be more), and, in Ben's case, he might not be born yet, anyway, right? Luke meeting his wife could be, for example, the big event of Season 2, or something, with a wedding and eventually the birth of Ben to follow.

I know it wouldn't follow the established EU timeline perfectly, but if something along these lines were to occur, it could conceivably be viewed as an example of Disney's new approach, where we are given some of the more important characters (or at least their templates) from the EU, only re-imagined (which may be the best those of us who wish to see the post-ROTJ EU kept somewhat intact can hope for).

20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The ST protagonists could be born during the series. It makes sense because the whole thing is set 15 years after ROTJ and the ST is going to be set 35 or 40 years later because of the actors age. Therefore the Solo kids would be around 20-25 years for the ST. Perfect age!

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I also like the idea of a "retelling" of some of the EU stories. The show could take EU characters and events and give its own version of them. Game of Thrones does this in way: it combines characters from the books and the events of the novels are done differently. If there is an animated series set after ROTJ, I'd like to see something like that. Of course, I'm still interested in this Reclamation show.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  22. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    That's exactly what I'm suggesting.

If I could write it, I'd still have a "Jaina Solo" character who is older, with a "Ben Skywalker" being born during the series, thus roughly maintaining the ages of, and dynamic between, these two characters from the EU for the ST.

23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I doubt we'll be introduced to a 36 years old Jaina in the movies but I could be wrong.

Maybe more likely: The Solo kids are simply born later in the timeline. Simply retcon all the EU stories so that they are set ten years later than originally and it should work (somewhat). But somewhat is the most EU fans can hope for.

24. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Ok, going to ignore repeating the obvious that I believe this is fake and state a few pros/cons of this. Like to see how they'd explain away Han and Leia not hooking up till that far post Endor just to have their kids be more marketable ages for episodes VII-IX. Even Heir to the Empire's five years was pushing it... agree though it would make their ages perfect. Though at the same time Jaina and Jacen could be born at 5 years past as the EU goes but their young brother/sister(s) could be born 10 years later (who'd be the protagonists of VII-IX). That way Jaina and Jacen could be like Obi-wan to Anakin in the Clone Wars, with Luke and Leia serving in Yoda and the other masters slots.

I also agree this would be a good time for Ben to be born, catch here is missing Luke meeting his wife though and as such to get Ben to be born his parents would have to fall in love quickly and hitch just as quick and that's not too Jedi like imho, who imho if they'd be allowed to marry must take their time with love and not let their emotions drive them to hasty choices.

Also 1313 just got canned so lets not set things up their, Corcusant underworld is on thing but its a whole planet so no reason be reminding hard core fans the game is dead... Shade would be too predictable if Luke imho, so unless it sets up Clone War Jedi who survived forcing him out I'd be against, I mean really their is a whole Empire left out their and you gotta play robin hood in an undeworld instead. Sorry but Im not sold here, unless this is just a minor subplot meant to throw us off balance but even then it likely would just end up being cheesy like Luke's rescue plan at Jabba's. Better Imho to make the core audience who doesnt know about the EU think its Luke but instead make it Ahsoka, then reveal Luke is else where doing something else.

Lets skip this whole droid rebellion thing though, unless its just a minor subplot meant to distract the Jedi/New Republic. Lets also skip this horrible name for the Empire that remains. Plus timeline wise we'd be skipping Thrawn, a big con imho, since he should strike sooner rather than later though I suppose he could have to fight his way to the top of the Empire and all those blasting for the top job.

edit: well maybe they could mention Thrawn and have Mara in it but already hooked up with Luke, but save that story for a spin-off (be it a cgi movie, a minseries tv show, or fixed version of the book, or justsave Thrawn for later in the show)

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You joined right after AOTC so you missed all the rumors surrounding that, but remember some of the ones surrounding ROTS when we had no info? I think Padme=Boba Fett was the best one.

As far as this "leaked script," as I said in the LACWAC thread on this subject--if it's genuine, which I seriously doubt, it will be taken offline very soon and some "ex-LFL employee" will find himself or herself subject to a nice lawsuit. I'm pretty sure even laid-off employees have a gag order in place.

It really does sound like bad fan fic. Among the other reasons people have mentioned..."Sky Bonteri"? Seriously?

eht13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.