main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jedi / Light Side Luke Skywalker's glove

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Darth_Valmar, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Valmar

Darth_Valmar Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2005
    Hey Guys-
    I been looking all over the net for Luke Skywalker's glove that covers the hand that daddy vader cut off, and in the movie it looks just like a tight black glove without any details, well as far as I can tell. So anyone know what it looks like with a few reference photos. I know it can't be like daddy vaders because that was a long time ago when daddy had used it, and I highly doubt it would after RoTS. Well anywho. Please help.

[face_pumpkin]

2. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    It's most definately not Anakin's ROTS glove, that burned off on Mustafar. From what I can tell, it's just a black tight glove. What I would do (being the low-cost person that I am), I would just get either a black driving glove or bike glove. Probably better off with driving gloves because bike gloves usually have no fingers.

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Not sure about many clear reference photos, since it's black and all. Mayve you could try screencaps, but I think you'd get the same reults. The best reference I saw was seeing it in person at the "Magic Of Myth" exhibit. For my costume, I used a women's XL plain black glove at Wilson's. It goes about 3 inches above the wrist, is insulated with Thinsulate, and it fits nice and snug.

4. Darth_Valmar

Apr 20, 2005
    My DVD has zoom x100 on things and it looks like its got clasps, I think its got ones like first one on this [image=http://www.rltwatches.com/acatalog/clasps.JPG]....

5. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Um, we're talking LUKE'S glove, not Anakin's. [face_worried]

6. Darth_Valmar

Apr 20, 2005
    Well lets just stick to gloves themselfs. I like Daddy Vader/Anakin, but I was more in to the frist 3 movies, just a bit more then the new 1, 2, and 3. Just like I like Dooku's Bent helt and D. Maul's looks, its just its oddly never talk about but I wanted to throw out a new glove for my sith. so yeah. Any gloves can be talked about I guess.

7. Phayze

Phayze Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 23, 2004
    I'm using a black fencing glove that I got from Tripplette a long time ago. I use the pair for stage combat, so mine is nice and weathered from many long hours of fighting. :D

The cuff is a little longer than the screen-used glove, but I don't mind.

I don't think they sell the black anymore, so you might try another fencing supplier or I'm sure that a white one and a little black leather dye will get you there. Just make sure you don't get one that has a padded velcro cuff. that would look silly. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.