Luke Vader duel

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by MasterAnders, Feb 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthQuandry Jedi Knight

Vader's loss to Luke in ROTJ battle is easy to explain. Vader in ESB to Luke " release your anger only your hatred can destroy me"! Then in ROTJ the Emperor to Luke " Your hate has made you powerful!" . Luke was consumed by hatred after the " perhaps she will" line Vader. Only after physically seeing ( vader's destroyed hand and his own hand) how close he had come to being his own father did he realize he must calm himself and go the way of the good side of the force. Although throwing his lightsaber aside was a huge gamble! IMO
  2. dan005e Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well you say Luke left himself open during the fight with Vader? Well Vader left himself open on a few occasions. Luke could of killed Vader but instead attacked Vaders lightsaber. This is just bad choreography.

In my opinion, shared by some, RoTJ was the worst choreographed duel in the OT. The first part wasnt bad, with Luke holding off Darth Vader quite easily. But once Vader really pisses Luke off, Luke draws on the darkside to beat Vader. He forgets what little training he has, flips out, and pummels Vader into submission.

But IMHO the worst part of the duel is when Luke knocks Vader to the ground and smacks Vaders saber five succesive times then chops off Vaders hand. I know he wasnt thinking clearly because of his anger but still he should of been so pumped up that what I would of done was hit Vaders saber once, then slash horizontally at Vaders wrist. But thats just me so hey, what do I know.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.