main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke vs. Kyp

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DazedConfused, Jan 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brandon_duncan

brandon_duncan Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2001
    kyp is cooler but luke would win this fight

2. jaeger

jaeger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2001
    Yet they havn't - that means they havn't for a reason - do I know it? no, but Kyp is still responcible for those Children who died - on and off the ship

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    prove they havent. Find me a quote that said they just ignored the Vong on the dying ships

4. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    " - one filled with civillians and intended for Yuuzhan Vong young." - SbS - if the Vong were locating the children to planets they captured then why would they need to put them on a World ship in the first place?

5. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    that didnt prove they were doing anything for them, my point.

And answer me then, why the heck are the kids even there? Worldship, planet, doesnt matter. WHY?

And WHY is it full with Civilians, but they are then putting kids on? What is this, the worlds biggst Taxi?

6. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    OK, now I think your just confused.

A Civillian is a person not in the army. The Vong lost their homeworld and LIVE on Worldships - they are not warships thats why the Civillians live on them. The Vong could plan to use all the outer rim worlds as ship yards etc... and the core worlds (which the havn't gotten to yet) as homes for their people. Whatever the reason is, the Worldship was being build and was intended for civillians and children - if they had planets able to support them then the Worldship wouldn't be needed would it.

Now people have said the Vong are evil because they attacked first and want to take over the galaxy. Well, isn't that what the Rebellion wanted to do?

7. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    OK, now I think your just confused.

I dont, and dont ever, EVER, call me confused. I just, dont say enough to explain :)

A Civillian is a person not in the army. The Vong lost their homeworld and LIVE on Worldships - they are not warships thats why the Civillians live on them.

They live onn built Worldships, not ones still being finished.

The Vong could plan to use all the outer rim worlds as ship yards etc... and the core worlds (which the havn't gotten to yet) as homes for their people. Whatever the reason is, the Worldship was being build and was intended for civillians and children - if they had planets able to support them then the Worldship wouldn't be needed would it.

The planets could support them, they choose not to use them. The NR Chose to have Coruscant as their capital, but events changed this. The Vong would do this too, surely

Now people have said the Vong are evil because they attacked first and want to take over the galaxy. Well, isn't that what the Rebellion wanted to do?

No, because the OR was overthrown by the Imps, so they tried to take it back. They weren't invading

8. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    Well obviously some civillians were living on a World Ship that wasn't finished yet - which just shows how dangerous the other ones where becoming.

So, the Rebellion wasn't the OR, who were they to take back what wasn't theirs? They attacked first, they wanted to take over the galaxy and they wanted to get rid of who was there when they started - its the same thing.

9. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Members of the Old Republic formed the Rebellion. The Rebellion isn't the same thing as a government, it is an uprising. Don't confuse the two. Since the Old republic was overthrown by the Empire and they (the empire) were taking over much in the way that Hitler and his Nazis took over, then the remnants of the Old Republic were fully justified in forming a counteroffensive to the Empire, ie: the Rebellion. IMO it was the right thing to do.

Jae Angel

10. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    "The Vong lost their homeworld and LIVE on Worldships."

Just because their homeworld was destroyed doesn't mean they all live on Worldships. That's like saying all Alderaanians live on Star Destroyers because their homeworld was destroyed. The Vong don't need this galaxy to survive, they are acting because Lord Shmmra has told them he received a prophecy from the gods. The Vong left an entire galaxy behind, one which they controlled.

Even if they didn't control there previous galaxy, are you trying to tell me that there wasn't one single hospitable planet in the Vong's home galaxy that could have supported the supposed "civilians." They absolutely had to bring civilians into a war zone on Worldships that were falling apart?

Furthermore, even if all the Vong civilians do live on Worldships, the Vong didin't need to bring them. There is literally billions of lightyears of empty space, both with the Star Wars galaxy, and the Vong's home galaxy. They couldn't have left them behind, or far away on the outer rim where they would be out of the conflict?

Think about this. The Vong invited something like this to happen because they intermingled the civilians with there military. Even worse, they hold noncombatants in such low regard that they don't even care that they put them in harm's way. You cannot hold Kyp responsible for any potential deaths. Also, you have yet to prove, as ReaperFett pointed out, that the Vong didn't help there people get to new worldships.

11. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    Have you read SbS? The Vong lost their homeworld, ALL Vong live on Worldships - so yes, there were no other planets for them.

"They absolutely had to bring civilians into a war zone on Worldships that were falling apart?" - YOu answered you own question - YES, for whatever reason (and I think its likly that the VOng want to use the core worlds for homes and outrim for shipyards etc...) If every Vong was int he military, guess what - there WOULD BE NO CIVILLIANS

12. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Have you read SbS? The Vong lost their homeworld, ALL Vong live on Worldships - so yes, there were no other planets for them.

Aside from the ones they've taken over, yeah?

13. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    Well, consdering they are still growing worldships and Vong are still living on ones that are dying (ie - dangerous) - then ya, for whatever reason they CAN'T live on theplanets they've already taken.

14. Face Loran

Mar 21, 1999
    "then ya, for whatever reason they CAN'T live on theplanets they've already taken."

Just because they don't doesn't me they can't.

15. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    "Just because they don't doesn't me they can't." - well considering the only other choice is to leave their people on dying and dangerous world ships, then YES, it means they can't put their people on the worlds they've taken.

16. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    1st, prove they havent

2nd, prove they couldnt

17. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    How about the fact they are growing a world ship, and that a few hundred Vong died on one that as dying - if they could and have then it wouldnt even be an issue.

18. Face Loran

Mar 21, 1999
    "well considering the only other choice is to leave their people on dying and dangerous world ships, then YES, it means they can't put their people on the worlds they've taken."

What?!

That makes no sense. How does the fact that their Worldship is dying and dangerous change the fact they could've transported those Vong to a conquered planet long ago?

19. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    How about the fact they are growing a world ship, and that a few hundred Vong died on one that as dying - if they could and have then it wouldnt even be an issue.

First, being as no novel has actually said hundred, I dont accept this as proof. Summaries often screwup.

Second, that isnt PROOF. If anything, this proves more why you shouldnt believe a summary

20. Face Loran

Mar 21, 1999
    "if they could and have then it wouldnt even be an issue."

It isn't an issue! It hasn't even been mentioned since the book it happened in. The only reason we're even discussing it is because Kyp-bashers like yourself bring it up. Did Star by Star mention it at all? No! For all we know, the Vong could've used some of their military ships to transport those aboard the dying Worldships to one of there conquered planets.

21. jaeger

Dec 10, 2001
    Is thinking a forign concept to you guys?

"That makes no sense. How does the fact that their Worldship is dying and dangerous change the fact they could've transported those Vong to a conquered planet long ago?" -Well the fact that they were on the ship that is the dying and dangerous instead on on a planet proves that they are unable to move then onto a planet.

Also, read Rebirth

22. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    "That makes no sense. How does the fact that their Worldship is dying and dangerous change the fact they could've transported those Vong to a conquered planet long ago?" -Well the fact that they were on the ship that is the dying and dangerous instead on on a planet proves that they are unable to move then onto a planet.

No, that doesn't prove that they COULDN'T, only that they DIDN'T. You are assuming way too much and assumptions are far from proof. I suggest you find some actual proof in the text that shows that the Vong couldn't at some point move those people off the worldships onto a conquered planet. It wasn't that they couldn't. They just didn't.

Jae Angel

23. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    "Is thinking a foreign concept to you guys?"

No it's not, and I suggest you refrain from useless personal attacks if you don't want to be called a troll. :)

Jae Angel

24. Face Loran

Mar 21, 1999
    "That makes no sense. How does the fact that their Worldship is dying and dangerous change the fact they could've transported those Vong to a conquered planet long ago?" -Well the fact that they were on the ship that is the dying and dangerous instead on on a planet proves that they are unable to move then onto a planet."

No it doesn't, not at all. They only things that proves are: a) The Vong don't care enough about their people to devote military resources to saving them, and b) The Vong didn't have the forethought to unload those Vong onto a planet while the Worldship was still hyperspace capable.

25. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Is thinking a forign concept to you guys?

Maybe, but it is a FOREIGN concept to you :)

Well the fact that they were on the ship that is the dying and dangerous instead on on a planet proves that they are unable to move then onto a planet.

Also, read Rebirth

And because Wedge flies an X-Wing PROVES he is allergic to B-Wings, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.