main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke's First Saber

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by iamsjn, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamsjn

iamsjn Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2004
    This is what I love about the Star Wars Saga. Sometimes they raise more questions than the saga answers! It makes for great fan fic in the extended universe!

Take this for example-

In ANH, Ben opens a box and tells Luke, "Your father wanted you to have this when you were old enough". Ben then hands him his first lightsaber. Now that I've seen the entire prequal trilogy, I'm trying to figure out at which point did Anakin give Ben a Lightsaber to give to his unborn son?

Is there already a story surrounding this somewhere?

SjN

MOD EDIT: This thread is just begging for spoilers. I'll unlock it tomorrow.

2. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    No movie details before tomorrow.

3. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    It DOES NOT HAVE to be a lie. We have not seen all the interaction between Ani/Obi in the thirteen years they were together. Maybe he said something like, "Perhaps if I had a child, I would give this to him" in the middle of a hopeless skirmish or something.

4. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    OK then. It's open to interpretation but is NOT a plothole. Agreed? :)

5. DarthRhyno

DarthRhyno Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    agreed on all so called plotholes. it all links up with some common sense and if you can't see it then interpret what you want. but like sanchez said NO PLOTHOLES.

6. MasterJedi4488

MasterJedi4488 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    he said that so that luke would become a jedi because luke wanted to do anything his father did, that was how it could come about

7. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Doubtful. Jedi aren't allowed to have children along with that whole marriage thing.

I think Obi Wan just worked on the instinct of what he thought the Anakin he knew would have done for his son. In a way, it is a lie.

And, no, it is not a plothole. I think that has to be the most single overused word in SW fandom. I wish fans would open up a dictionary sometime and see what that actually means. A plot hole is watching M. Night Shymalayn's Signs and wondering why the heck a bunch of aliens violently allergic to water would attack a planet with water covering 70% of its surface.

8. iamsjn

iamsjn Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2004
    I 100% agree Chaotic_Serenity. Actually I've yet to find any major plotholes in the saga. There's a big difference between blatent plotholes and offramps for 'side stories'. Any unanswered questions in my opinion are opportunities for some great fan fiction.

SjN

9. darth_Boba

darth_Boba Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 28, 2002
    I'm so glad that today's moviegoing community feels the need to have every single thing spelled out for them in big neon letters. It would be a terrible waste if we actually had to think about some things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.