main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke's Force Vision in Rebirth: Does Remnant signify that it was at least semi-correct?(FH Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMasterAaron, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Do you guys remember the vision that I'm speaking of? When he was searching the future via the Force for some sign of Mara, and he saw Ben "At the controls of a starship of strange design". Or something like that anyway, since I don't have the book with me. I'm pretty sure that's extremely close though.

Is it safe to assume that with Luke's mission to find Zonoma Sekot, and seeing as how Sekot was a master shipgrower, I'd say that qualifies as "strange design".

Clearly this would seem to suggest that Zonoma Sekot will become an integral part of the war with the Vong and long after, if Ben being at the controls or helm of one is any indication.

JMA

2. Nerak

Nerak Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    Holy poop

I never noticed that.

Kewl

dp4m Edit: Edited not properly asterixed cursing...

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Do you guys remember the vision that I'm speaking of? When he was searching the future via the Force for some sign of Mara, and he saw Ben "At the controls of a starship of strange design". Or something like that anyway, since I don't have the book with me. I'm pretty sure that's extremely close though.

Is it safe to assume that with Luke's mission to find Zonoma Sekot, and seeing as how Sekot was a master shipgrower, I'd say that qualifies as "strange design".

Clearly this would seem to suggest that Zonoma Sekot will become an integral part of the war with the Vong and long after, if Ben being at the controls or helm of one is any indication.

Yeah... this was pretty soundly agreed upon to be Zonoma Sekot by most involved when we discussed it some time ago... anyone remember when? (post-SBS, but pre-DW) :)

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Yet wouldn't it be safe to say that any future starship design could be unfamilar to Luke?

5. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Would basic starship design change enough that one of the galaxy's most experienced pilots would label it "strange" in the 15 years hence that the vision seemed to take place? ?[face_plain]

JMA

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yet wouldn't it be safe to say that any future starship design could be unfamilar to Luke?

Not really. The progression from X-Wing to XJ X-Wing as space superiority fighter of choice doesn't leave much to the imagination...

7. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    XJ"3" X-Wing. ;)

8. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    upping this just once, to see if anyone else has anything to chime in.

JMA

9. jaya02

jaya02 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2002
    how do we know that this "ship of strange design" is not some starship fabricated by the Chiss already, or later on after the war has ended? i mean, not some Imperial-type ship that they seem to use currently in their mlitary, but some leisure craft that the New Republic/Galactic Federation of Free Alliances has never heard of or seen before, since the Chiss keep it a secret?

10. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Yet the E-wing was unlike anthing Luke had seen when he first started flying fighters. Over his life he would have seen changes that might seem to be slight, yet 5 years before he would have been less likely to imagine such designs.

11. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I doubt the Chiss are involved in the vision, Zonoma Sekot fills the role very nicely. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.