Speculation luke's lightsaber gets handed down

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by darthtuttle, Dec 13, 2012.

1. darthtuttle Force Ghost

star 4
    At the end of episode i, obi-wan kills maul with qui gon's lightsaber. in ep iv, luke gets his ligjtsaber. will luke's ligjtsaber get handed down. to whom? how? It would probably be after he dies in battle
  2. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 5
    The female protagonist but I kinda hope Luke lives through the whole thing.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Luke's hand should get handed down. This is entirely possible in this wacky saga...
  4. Skelter Jedi Master

star 1
    Nah..he lost it. The green one probably blew up with the death star..
  5. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
    Last edited by CT-867-5309, Dec 13, 2012
    TreborSabreon likes this.
  6. Panakas_Dawg Force Ghost

star 5
    Last edited by Panakas_Dawg, Dec 13, 2012
  7. fishtailsam Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] You win this thread.
    Can we lock this now?
  8. DarthMateous Force Ghost

star 4
    Interesting idea.
  9. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    I would hope it gets handed down. This ST is about "passing the torch." Well in Star Wars terms there's no better symbolism than passing the light [saber] down to the new generation.
  10. darthtuttle Force Ghost

star 4
    Which of course leads to the question of luke dying and who the protagonist is.
  11. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm starting to think Luke will have a dughter. GL always wanted to explore Luke's sister as a Jedi. But then shse became Leia and is Force attuned or whatever but obviously Leia is not Jedi material. So that old Nomi Starkiller concept could become Nomi Skywalker.
  12. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    No he won't hand it down. He's too much like his father. He has attachment issues.
    "That's what I'm afraid of."
  13. MrFantastic74 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Mark Hamill could probably do a good Christopher Walken impression. I can just see the scene now.
  14. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Should not be handed down till EP9....as Lucas once told Mar Hamill ....you will have a cameo in EP9 handing down your Lightsaber......Just look at the Sequel trilogy on Wiki it's all there .
  15. Team Padme Force Ghost

star 4
    If he does hand it down it should be to his son/daughter.
    mattman8907 likes this.
  16. JediKnightOB1 Force Ghost

star 5
    luke's lightsaber gets handed down!!! Yes, but will he do it with the good hand or the mechanical one?:p
  17. mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    agreed.
  18. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    George Lucas has waffled on ideas consistently over the last 30 plus years. There's no reason to believe that Wiki knows what will happen at this point. I can almost guarantee the treatments for Eps 7-9 are much different than before.
  19. chris hayes Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Aggreed but I hope what I said is right & Mark Hamill a. reprises his role & b. survives till EP9 .
  20. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, yeah. I definitely want Mark Hamill back but not as a cameo. I think of the Big 3 he has the pivotal role that will require one or two movies (maybe all 3) to resolve. But he should probably be killed off. I don't see him just fading away.
  21. Han Shot First Jedi Master

star 2
    Isn't that the main difference between he and his dad, is that he has no, attachment issues. Well that and the fact he isn't a whinger.
  22. clone3131 Force Ghost

star 4
    - to get back on topic, i liked the idea of it being handed down, but I like the idea better of seeing someone go to ilum and building their own lightsaber....

-C
  23. JediBendu Force Ghost

star 3
    What might be nice would be the sabre being damaged and passed on, and then the next generation Jedi repairing it.
  24. stellarmagic01 Force Ghost

star 4
    Luke was a whiny teenager, he grew out of it.

"But I was going to stop by Tosche station to pickup some power converters..."

I'm sure we're going to see some lightsabers passed down... heck, there's even a chance that Anakin's lightsaber will show up again (Mara has it... if they use her.)
  25. darthtuttle Force Ghost

star 4
    Interesting thought. Well, first we must know if Mara will be in it.