main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke's Lightsaber?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by StormTrooper1776, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormTrooper1776

StormTrooper1776 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    Should Luke of had a red lightsaber in ROTJ,so we could of seen a red vs red duel?

2. Darth_Nagle

Darth_Nagle Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Nah I mean the whole point of the series was good vs evil. So no matter how cool it would've been to see Luke with a Red (hell bring back Mace's Purple Saber for one night one) it had to be Green vs Red for that battle. What I would've like to seen is Sithious get into the fight alittle bit, other then just using Force Lighting on Luke. I never understood anyways, why are the Christmas colors used for good and evil anyways?

3. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    No it would be impossible by Luke's abiltiy because he would need to create a special crytal for this. Since he copied Kenobi's saber he wouldn't even know about a sith saber.

But it would not follow up on GL's green and blue for Jedi and Red for Sith. Ani's was blue In ROTS just because he didn't have time to make a new one and why waste a good saber?

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hmmm...that might actually have looked kinda nice. Goes with the all-black suit that Luke's wearing...makes it look like he's all evil on the outside, but in reality he's not.

5. AnotherUser

AnotherUser Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    I agree. It would be an interesting parallel to the end of each trilogy.

6. darkjedi8906

darkjedi8906 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2004
    i feel that perhaps luke should have built another version of his fathers lightsaber mainly just saying that cause i love that saber 2 begin with

7. jedi-mafia89

jedi-mafia89 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2003
    speaking of Lukes saber, has anyone noticed that the one Obi-Wan carries in Episode III is very similar to Lukes in ROTJ??

8. CrispyAmbience

CrispyAmbience Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    That's because Luke made his new lightsaber in Ben's cave on Tatooine

9. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    ok first it woudnt be possible for luke to use a red saber because only sit bear that color of evil. Also it makes me wonder what happened to all of the sader that belonged to the jedi during the battle of geonosie and through out the clone wars and even whan vader kills the padawons in the temople. Also lukes?anikins light sader was not destroyed at bespen. It was found and the emporor cloned luke to make luuke, and lukes wifr mara jade gets the holy grail of all aders

10. JediMasterBuddha

JediMasterBuddha Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    wasn't anakin's lightsaber lost when luke lost his hand? luke finds out he's related to the man he hates (a life's story) and becomes a full fletched jedi knight. His right of passage: to construct his own lightsaber. He chooses green maybe because he is not his father, and he is the "balance" in the force. Moreover, the primary colours of the light spectrum are blue, red, and green; finally a balance of light.

11. O_B_1

O_B_1 Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2004
    I always felt that during that duel they should of switched Sabres and had Luke fighting with Red and Vader with Green, (after they both fell on the floor or summit like that) coz during that duel Luke is the agressor and more the sith, wheras Vader is defending and passive. also it would mirror the change to Anakin that would happen 5 mins later!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.