main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke's lightsaber

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Infiltrator, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    Did luke retreve his lightsaber after he threw it away, on board the death star in RotJ?

In all the books it was green, or did he make a new one? or what?

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    He retrieved it before escaping from the Death Star.

3. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Yes it has been said he is still using the one he made. I am sure he could have quickly grabbed it with the force before dragging Vader out. He may have needed it.

4. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Same ol' 'Saber since RotJ.

5. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I believe you can see it hanging from his belt at the end of RoTJ. However, he undoubtedly called it to him at some point before leaving the station as he uses it the very next day to save Wedge's life. Even in SotE, it seems it took him a while to collect everything and construct a new lightsaber, doesn't seem like someting he'd do in just a few hours.

6. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Same ol' 'Saber since RotJ.

Quite the feat, actually. How many has Leia lost?

I have no problem with it being the same. I mean, Emperor goes screaming down the pit, Luke catches his breath, grabs his saber and loads dear 'ol dad on to a cart, into a turbo lift down to the landing bay, past all the Imps escaping, into a shuttle and launch before the Death Star does the big firework. Easy.

7. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    It would only take a couple of seconds to call it to him. Now all the other stuf...

8. Mr_Whills

Mr_Whills Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2001
    Although in CoPL it states that Luke has a blue lightsaber - maybe he has a different colour for different outfits? Similarly, in SotME Vader has a blue saber as well.

9. BigBob

BigBob Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    what does SotMe mean

10. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    "Similarly, in SotME Vader has a blue saber as well."

Not that I can remember in splinter of the mind's eye. But I do remember the comic and cover showed vader with a red saber.

As for the blueishsaber in COPL, it could be the blueish/orange tagge lightsaber he got ahold of in the marvel comics.

11. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    As I remember in ROTJ, when Luke is back on Endor after the the second death star blewup and Luke went to hug Leia, we could see his lightsaber dangling on his belt

(pops in ROTJ to be sure)

12. Mr_Whills

Apr 1, 2001
    In Splinter of the Mind's Eye it state that:

The Dark Lord drew himself up to his full, awesome height. "I have finished playing with you."
    Swinging his saber until it was no more than a blue blur...he leaped straight up into the air...Out of the blue circle of energy he flung the saber.
    Instictively - he had no time to think - Luke parried.

So, according to the book Vader was fighting with a blue saber. Could it have been Ben's?

13. Mr_Whills

Apr 1, 2001
    In Splinter of the Mind's Eye it state that:

The Dark Lord drew himself up to his full, awesome height. "I have finished playing with you."
    Swinging his saber until it was no more than a blue blur...he leaped straight up into the air...Out of the blue circle of energy he flung the saber.
    Instictively - he had no time to think - Luke parried.

So, according to the book Vader was fighting with a blue saber. Could it have been Ben's?

14. DarthDexterFinster

DarthDexterFinster Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2001
    If I remember right, Splinter came out in 1978, which means Foster could have been writing it before ANH came out, and the on-screen color of the lightsaber blades was revealed...

15. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    But they had toys and stuff before ANH was released, right? I like the idea that it was Obi-Wan's, because he clearly picks it up after he kills him. Doesn't he? I can't check because I've loaned out my trilogy to this friend of mine who's never seen it.

And besides, whatever happened to Obi-Wan's lightsaber? Did it get blown up on the Death Star, or did Vader take it with him in his TIE Advanced?

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "But they had toys and stuff before ANH was released, right? "

Maybe, and as I remember all that the early figures had were extendible "yellow" plastic sabers.

Obi-wan's blade was on him in the tie advanced, and anakin solo find it in the JJK series, inside vader's castle.

17. ash_shack_II

ash_shack_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2001
    Ah, thank you. So did Anakin keep it, or what? Where is it now?

18. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Was added to luke's and tionne's jedi relics collection at the end of the series.

Here's a pic of a vintage figure:
    [image=http://members.aol.com/hinkgt/EL.jpg]

Here's the vader, which has a kind of orangeish red color:
    [image=http://abacus.sj.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_af630c6eb952b2a752be75166/i-2.JPG]

19. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    I forget...is the lightsaber we see Tagge fighting with a different color then the lightsaber Luke uses in the Marvel series post-Empire? With the color reprints coming, that could spell trouble for the often used continuity fix.

Also, anyone note how Anakin/Vader's sabers seem impervious to water (remember, Obi-Wan's saber shorts out in the water in TPM novel)? Perhaps Ani did a bit of tinkering to the lightsaber design during his years in the Jedi Temple?

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Marvel's use of 4-10 color pallete doesn't leave the sabers being detailed though.

They go from pink, to blue, to orange, to orange W/ blue core, pink w/ blue core to red, to sea green with pink core, fuzzy black/red or blue, white, etc etc. It can hardly be used as being accurate detail. Since they used whatever the basic pallete was in the issue to color his saber with.

Somewhat similer thing happens in the Dark Empire series, with everyone's sabers alternating through several shades of colors, pale blue and red being two colors to alternate between scenes.

21. Gen_Skywalker

Gen_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2002
    Luke' s lighsaber is green and was always green. I think he still has the one he built a while back. I know he built one for Leia nd gave Mara his old one. (his father's)

22. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    He used a red saber in Dark Empire, while he was playing as dark luke(at least confirmed by the action figure, and the dorman art).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.