main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke's return to Dagobah - Pos. Ep3 connection

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MasterDownUnder, Apr 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterDownUnder

MasterDownUnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Gudday all!

I'm currently re-reading the trilogy the started it all off for me in the EU, in fact it doesn't have a title except Volume 1, 2 & 3, or the trilogy when Thrawn makes his return. Anyway, as I was reading the part where Luke goes back to Dagobah to see if Yoda may have left anything behind and finds himself next to the Cave.

This time, no phantom Darth Vader strides menacingly out of the gloom, instead he has a vision of Mara Jade and his execution on Tatooine at the Sarlacc pit when she calls his lightsaber to her hand instead of him getting it.

After he recovers from his vision, Artoo finally directs him to the metallic artifact thing - the pre-Clone Wars vintage ship's beacon. Now, I have an interesting possiblity that'll certainly up George Lucas' standing in my eyes after his letting me down in Ep1:

We know that Yoda and I'll put money on Ben also, and of course, an infant Luke, will travel to Dagobah in Ep3, thus fufilling Luke's "it's like something from a dream" ... "there's something familiar about this place" etc. from Ep5 just before Yoda 'appears' - easily my favourite Yoda scene! "I am wondering, why are you here?" Totally riveting!

Okay, now with regards to the Dark Side Tree/Cave: I think that maybe Count Dooku, follows or else tracks them down, and contronts the trio, then as Ben whisks Luke away to safety, Yoda and Dooku engage in an awesome Jedi Master power battle! Now this will/would be defininte worth seeing! Then, Dooku will somehow end up in the Cave and prepares to call his ship, Yoda follows and destroys him, and then his ship - how the ship is blown up I don't know but because it sure as hell isn't there when Luke comes splashing down in Ep5. The Emotional Bloodstain, first seen by us in Dark Force Rising where Death Star II blow up and Palpatine died would linger and permeate itself into the Cave and surrounding Tree, thus explaining the origin of the Dark Side power emanating from the Cave.

I know this is not really relevant in the EU, but I've hope put in enough EU connections and related stuff to cover it! ;) Also, I only had this revelation while reading Heir To The Empire and particularly that scene with Luke in the Cave where he finds the beacon, still on standby even after all this time. Then he takes it to Lando and he identifies it as a pre-Clone War ship's beacon and dah de dah de dah.

Does that sound at all plausable? I reckon it'll be choice! Yoda in full fight and also tying up a lot of the sort of loose ends from the OT and into the EU.

Tell me what you think! I'd like to know, plus I'm curious as to what some of you think might happen with regards to the cave.

Time to go, I'm a busy man with not much to do, but so much time I don't have!

See Ya'! :D Remember, we are but a few. There are many others who are not us! Don't worry, I don't understand it either!

2. Caine

Caine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002

I'm sorry I don't have anything to add to this thread in terms of content, but I wanted to say one thing.

MDU, your posts always sound so upbeat, optimistic and nice, they always bring a smile to my face. Thanks :)

3. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    don't worry, he'll eventually snap and start posting more, smaller posts

4. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    The story is known as the The Thrawn Trilogy in bibiliographies back of the Essential Guides as recall, as well as from star wars fans.

Abreviated TTT.

TTT was luke's 2nd return to dagobah since the end of ROTJ, :).

But it was his 1st return to yoda's home, and the cave since rotj.

5. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    A Patriotic Messgae from flying_fishi
    It's the Australianism! WooHoo! Go MDU! Australians rock! :D

6. Jedi_Andrew_Solo

Jedi_Andrew_Solo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 5, 2002
    the Thrawn Dualogy also explains more indepth about that battle and about the caller that Luke found.

7. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Had to edit the message. Please don't reveal anything about Dooku that's not shown in already-released comics, novels or TOS.

By the way, the dark side cave was already explained in the novel Vision of the Future. If Lucas has his own plans for the cave and Dagobah, that will remain to be seen.

8. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Thanks, Sturm. ;)

9. MasterDownUnder

MasterDownUnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2002
    Hey Sturm, apologies for the Dooku spoilers! As I always read the regular updates in TF.N main, I naturally assume that everyone else does!

But, yeah, I can understand why you edited it and thanks for the tip! :)

I guess I'll have to re-read Vision of the Future now to get my answer! But I did think that my idea was sooo believeable, cool, okay, possibly interesting!

As to the comment about the length of my post I'll sign off now so you don't have to Infiltrate my essays! ;)

Cheers!

Yeah, and up the Aussies! Woo Hoo!

See Ya'!

10. The_Grey_Jedi

The_Grey_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2002
    Actually, I've never noticed the "There's something familar about this place." line before, even though I've seen it a read it a million times! Makes sence to me! This could be cool! :)

11. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    Hey I'm an Aussie to where are abouts in Autralia are u? I'm in Canberra?

12. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Until 2 months ago i lived in Nelson Bay near Newcastle. now i'm in St Louis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.