main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lullaby (Goodnight My Angel) -- A tribute to families in the SW Universe

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by victim_and_villain, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. victim_and_villain

victim_and_villain Jedi Youngling

Dec 4, 2007
    Hello all. This is my tribute to [some of] the families of Star Wars. Hope you all enjoy.[face_praying]

Oh, and if you like this, then you should read my other story, The Dumbing Down Of Love, which is another tribute to lost loves.
    It's all part of a series of one-shots I'm doing based on one of my playlists on my iPod.:-B

Here's the link -

DISCLAIMER: Everything is Lucas'. Song goes to Billy Joel.

Lullaby (Goodnight, My Angel)

The babies were asleep. Asleep. Leia Organa Solo sighed inwardly, not daring to make any outward noises and risk all of her and Winter?s hard work. She turned to her old friend, ?You?d better get what sleep you can before they wake again.? Winter nodded wearily and left to her own rooms.

Leia stood by the crib, enjoying they silence that had been so rare since she had given birth to the twins, when a light hiss indicated Han?s return. A pair of strong arms wrapped around her shoulders, a feeling of warmth blossoming within her soul as it did every time Han was near. He kissed the side of her head and murmured into her ear, ?I can?t believe they?re actually asleep.?

As if the Force was aspiring against them, Jacen began to whimper. Han?s face fell. Leia, calling on all of her training as a politician not to burst into tears, began humming lightly to her infant son, stroking the tuft of brown hair on his head.

?Is that an Alderaanian lullaby?? Leia could feel more than hear Han?s deep voice as his arms moved to her waist and tightened.

She attempted briefly to search her memory, but to no avail. ?I don?t know,? she replied quietly, ?it?s something I remember from when I was a child.? Jacen?s whimpering died down to nothing, but his parent?s relief was to be short lived. Jaina, awakened by her brother?s distress, started up with cries of her own. Jedi twin infants, Leia thought to herself, Should be an interesting few years.

Wedge Antilles, galactic hero and ace starfighter pilot extraordinaire, was deathly afraid of a nine pound, six ounce, pink, newborn baby girl, who he could swear was currently screaming louder than a TIE?s engines in a planet?s atmosphere. A sweating, tired Iella laughed weakly at the look of sheer terror on her husband?s face. ?Would you like to hold your daughter?? She offered the baby to him and he accepted, though warily. She only screamed louder, and his face fell even more.

?Hold her a little tighter Wedge, she won?t break.? He did as he was told, and the most wonderful thing happened. She opened her eyes. They were the most beautiful blue eyes he?d ever seen, and they were just like his sister?s. He smiled sadly at the memories of Syal, humming an old lullaby and rocking the child back and forth. Wedge could remember Syal and his mother singing this to him when he was very young, some of his earliest memories. Here in his arms was his sister?s namesake, his beautiful baby girl.

Wedge wondered if Syal ever had the chance to sing the lullaby to her children. He wondered if she?d ever had the chance to even have children. She always had the most soothing voice.

Valin was getting big now, walking and talking brokenly on his own. Yet Mirax still insisted on singing the boy to sleep. Booster couldn?t understand her daughter?s insistence on the habit until he finally asked her about it on one of his visits.

?Wedge?s mother used to sing it to me when I?d stay with them,? she replied a little sadly. ?I could never sleep when you weren?t there, so she?d sing to me.? Booster never pushed her to stop after that conversation. He knew that she was a better parent than he had ever been.

Luke hadn?t realized he was humming to his sleeping son until his wife asked him about it. He shifted Ben?s weight in his arms and thought about her question. ?I don?t think I learned it from Leia. It?s from when I was a child.?

Mara?s brow

2. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Can you say 'adorable'?? [face_love] I can, and will, as a word to describe this beautiful piece of writing: adorable!!

I look forward to reading more of your writings. :)

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    aww how adorable, first with Leia, then Wedge, then the rest! I really like the comparison bt Booster and Mirax as parents

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.