main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Luminara Unduli in Rebels (MASSIVE SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kablob, Jul 26, 2014.

1. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    I wasn't being entirely serious but I'm being serious about Barriss, she BETTER be in rebels. Also Episode 3 confirmed.

JediFan215 and klooney like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    She will die I just cant see her living and why was she not killed in the first place.

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Barriss Offee kills her as her test of loyalty to the Emperor and the Dark Side.

Then she (Barriss) gets a makeover. Her skin is recolored to match that of a pale-skinned human, and her hair is colored red, and she is given a new name: Mara Jade. The Emperor's Hand.

And a million Mara fanboys screamed and screamed, and burned their SW books...

4. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    Perhap she was home on leave?

5. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Seriously, why are people so convinced that Barriss will be working for the Empire? Why the hell would she do that? She went crazy darksidish because she thought that the Jedi were being subverted by the Sith and were no longer Jedi enough, do you really think that someone with that mindset is going to turn around and join the Sith because lol darkside now?

6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Not that I want to see that, but they really didn't have sufficient explanation for why, if her motives were altruistic, she thought bombing the Jedi Temple was okay. So she really has "do you really think someone with that mindset..." problem anyway. I don't complain too much about it because I don't think it was crucially important - it wouldn't have made much difference - but I would have liked that to be explored more in dialogue.

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Because:

1 She appeared to have turned to the dark side.

2 She confessed to crimes which Ahsoka had been on trial for, capital crimes which Tarkin had been seeking the DP for against Ahsoka with apparently high confidence of getting it.

This leads to the assumption that Barriss Offee was probably sentenced to death.

This makes her a prime candidate for becoming one of the Emperor's acolytes. If he or one of his underlings comes and says join me, embrace the Dark Side of the Force, serve the Emperor... well, her options are rather limited. It's either accept his offer, or refuse, with only execution awaiting. Most people would take such an offer.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  8. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Even with the (very welcome) addition of Luminara Unduli to the cast, I don't really believe we're likely to actually see Barriss Offee appear in Rebels. But that said, you're argument is perhaps not without merit.

The Rebels Visual Guide attributes a rather telling quote to the Inquisitor:

"The Jedi are dead, but there is another path."

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but to me, this seems to be the very kind of thing the Inquisitor might think to say to a Jedi he is trying to win over to the Empire/dark side.

Could the Inquisitor have made the very same type of argument to a captive and condemned Barriss in the past?

Maybe. [face_dunno]

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    DON'T DO IT, LUMINARA.

10. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    :D

Nah, Luminara is incorruptible (she kind of reminds me of Obi-Wan, in that way).

========================

Oh, and my previous reply to Valkyrus should, of course, have read as "But that said, your [and not "you're"] argument is perhaps not without merit."

I'm not sure what happened, there (and unfortunately, the short edit window has long since passed).

My apologies, everyone.

11. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I was thinking that the first episode sets up the protagonists, the second episode has them going to that planet to save Luminara, and they meet the Inquisitor. Then they get Luminara out of there, and she tells them she will go rally up more Jedi and rebels and will meet them back at the season finale. Then a bunch of filler episodes, and more fan favourites come back and everyone is happy. :)

Then they all die. >:)

12. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    My prediction is the first episode-the hour long premier- will be totally devoted to the set up of the crew, and will end with Kanan telling Ezra to come with them and learn what it means to be a Jedi, and the Luminara stuff will be the finale

13. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Eh, I don't know about that. I doubt they'd keep they'd keep the Inquisitor out if the show until the season finale. Besides, in the last trailer the Inquisitor meets with Aresko and Kallus, shows them a pictue of Ezra, and says, "This is the padawan I encountered on Stygeon Prime." The prison episode(s) can't be the finale since this obviously takes place after it.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Officially released statements have already confirmed that the show will start with the whole crew together already except for Ezra.

15. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    It makes no sense why the Empire would imprison Jedi, i'd have thought Palpatine would consider every Jedi to dangerous to be allowed to live.

16. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Luminara is most likely being interrogated as to the whereabouts of other surviving Jedi, and used as bait to lure Jedi out of hiding to try and rescue her. Why kill one Jedi when you can keep them alive to kill even more?

17. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Yeah, that can be the only reason.

18. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Not to mention that the second part of that is obviously working, since Kanan is happily taking that bait.

19. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014

You've got a point there. I wasn't thinking it all through properly. Thanks.

20. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I think that's a fair question. And I may have a possible answer for you.

While we all know what the EU is now worth, canonically speaking, it may bear reminding that one of the old conceits was that Palpatine's Inquisitorious were tasked with keeping certain captured Jedi alive long enough for re-education purposes, in an attempt at turning them to the dark side. Now, if that failed?

You guessed it. Execution.

Maybe one will think "Okay, that's all well and good. But that was the old EU."

Fair enough. :)

But also, as I mentioned earlier:

"The Rebels Visual Guide attributes a rather telling quote to the Inquisitor:

'The Jedi are dead, but there is another path.'

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but to me, this seems to be the very kind of thing the Inquisitor might think to say to a Jedi he is trying to win over to the Empire/dark side."

Given that quote, I think it's quite possible that we may actually see the Inquisitor attempting to turn a captive Jedi, or two, to the dark side.

And if so? I think this could at least help to explain why the Empire has been keeping some captive Jedi alive (though if they really think hey're going to turn Jedi Master Luminara Unduli, I think they've got another thing coming!).

After all, we already know of other ideas, assets, etc., which will appear in Rebels, and which have been confirmed as being inspired by/sourced from the EU. Perhaps this will be another?

21. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Very interesting. I'm guessing this would all work, because it would show how any alive jedi are being treated by the Empire. Keeping them as bait would establish a new "homing beacon" and also prove the point as to why Yoda & Obi Wan never attempted to rescue any Jedi. It would be too much a risk, especially given the fact that they hold the key to the Jedi's future. Seems we all want Luminara to have a place in this whole thing...make amends for her padawan's reasons...and gain strenght to fight the Inquisitor. I hope she (the show's story) gets this chance.

22. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I enjoyed her in the CW, so I am excited to see what they do with the character in this series. Though she'll likely be killed, I hope her appearance and role in the series has some significance.

23. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Why are a lot of people thinking she is going to be killed? I doubt it, though it is not impossible, I just don't see it happening.

24. MrRC-Sev

MrRC-Sev Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2014
    She looks way different from how she looked from TCW

25. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    She looks almost exactly the same, unless you're talking about her clothes.