Luminous Beings / JA mini series ( POST, yes a Post - Oct. 27)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Apr 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    This is the Obi-Hurt/comfort story aluded to in 'Missadventures'.

A table of content for first half of story can now be found on p.95.

NOTE(I started this story before J.C. was on snow board and in the switch over, some replies from other threads got mixed in)
    Warning some may find the first pages of this story disturbing. There is more to this story than that though.
    The nagotiations were stalled. This bothered the two jedi masters because there was no real reason for the delay. They had all the proof they needed that the Drahsil were up to their old tricks. It was a fine line Mace Windu and Qui-Gon Jinn had to walk.

Dranal was not a republic planet, but they constantly harassed boarder systems. Now they had been accused of taking a colony's children for the slave trade and killing all the others. All but one, who would testify to that fact.

The Drahsil warlord Bannool was present but he only spoke through his ambasador, who only offered compleate denial.

"You republic lap dogs always assume we did it."

Of course they had. Of course the jedi knew it to. The only reason Bannool agreed to nagotiate at all was to get his hands on the lone witness to the Drahsil's crime. It he was gone the republic could not legally declair war on Dranal.

Master Jinn and Master Windu were the only ones who knew where that witness was. It anoyed padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, that they did not think he was old enough to be trusted with such an important secret. The fourteen year old thought the long meetings with all of their diplomatic procedures were a complete waste of time, and nodded off more than once.

"Obi-Wan maybe you should go and get some air." Qui-Gon told the boy after the sixth hour of nagotiations. As useual it wasn't long before trouble found the young jedi.

He couldn't hear what the fight was about, but saw ten boys about to woop-@$$ on one, very young one.

"Heay!" Obi-Wan called down to the road where they were. He went down. "Do you think these odds are fair?"

"As fair as this Drahsil scum deserves."

The boy looked to be around eight. The others were all teens.

"Leave the boy alone." Obi-Wan said.

"Why should we?"

"Because a jedi tells you to."

That worked sometimes. They looked at Obi-Wan and realized he was what he said he was. The saber hanging on his belt gave them a hint.

"We beg your pardon Jedi." They walked away.

Obi-Wan recognized the boy as one who had been seated next to Bannool. "If you belong inside," He told the boy. "You best get there. Your not safe around here."

The boy gave him a curious look as if he was going to say something argumentitive, but he did as the jedi said. At the same time a Drahsil found the boy and grabed him by the shoulder, draging him back inside. The adult spoke harshly towards the boy. Obi-Wan didn't understand their language, but could tell the boy was not supposed to be out there. He saw them gesturing towards him before they disapeared inside.

It was just as boring outside, so Obi-Wan went back in not long after that. The nagotiations dragged on. When they broke for the day, the boy that Obi-Wan had helped not get the tar beaten out of, aproached Obi-Wan.

"Maybe we be friends till we go home?" He said in broken basic.

Obi-Wan didn't really want to have a little kid tagging along with him but he didn't want to be mean. "If it's all right I'll see if you can sit with us at..."

Before Kenobi could finish, two Drahsil came out and grabed the boy again speeking harshly. Qui-Gon happened to see what had occured and asked his apprentice. "What have you to do with that boy?"

"These Nokeri boys were going to beat him up and I chased them off." Obi-Wan told. "Who is he Master?"

"That is the warlord's son."

"Why is he here, the evidence that the Nokeri have been showing is not something a boy his age should see."

"I'm not sure if one your age should either, but you are here." Qui-Gon said. "Banno
  2. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm listening!!! Please post more!!!!!!
  3. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry I lost another post I can't trust this computer I may try another later. OOOHHH I'm p.oed.
  4. Kit' Manager Emeritus

star 5
    MOre Jodiwent!

Kihtera
  5. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    What!!!! Where is the rest:!! Oh, what will I do. Oh, I hope she posts, oh I hope she posts.... oh, I hope.... wait a minute she has two stories going.... oh no I hope she posts on both of them....but what if she can only post on one a night..... oh help and bother I'm stuck. Errr, wrong world..... I'm "going to be in deep poodoo"
  6. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    In the year that Obi-Wan had returned to the jedi, he had done everything to make up for his 'betrail' of his master. He still had his stuborn will. He always heard everything Qui-Gon said to him, yet he didn't always agree with it. He hadn't openly defyed Qui-Gon since Dann/Melina (spell?), but the jedi master could always feel the boys resistance. Other than those smwll acts of will Kenobi had been a perfect padawan.

The next day was when the lone survivor was set to testify. That evening the young jedi over heard two Nokeri ploting to kidnap the warlord's little son.

Obi-Wan went to Qui-Gon with this news and was taken aback at his master's reaction when he wanted to warn the drahsil.

"You must stay away from those people." Jinn ordered. "Under no circumstances are you to go to them.'

"But Master, the boy..."

"The boy is safe. They will neaver get near him."

"How can you say that when earlier he was in trouble. Can't I just warn him?"

"No, Obi-Wan. It is the fools who are planning this stupid plot that need to be warned. They will regret if they attempt it."
    Obi-Wan had a determined look on his face. "I'm giving you a direct order to stay away from the Drahsil. I don't think you truly understand what kind of people they are."

Obi-wan made the kind of faces all young people make when they are being told somethng they don't agree with. He didn't voice an agrument. "Yes Master."

"Master Windu and I are going to get the Nokeri's witness. We will be back in the morning. Just stay on the ship adn forget about what you heard."

Obi-Wan didn't know that Qui-Gon would speek to the Nokeri and make them see the folly of their plot. Unfortunately he had not convinced Obi-Wan of his own. As soon as the two masters were far enough away, he went to hte Drahsil ship to speek to the boy.

"Could I speek to your son?" Obi-Wan asked Bannool who was just outside of the ship.

"Of course." The warlord said with a grin. "Follow Me."

Like a fool, Kenobi did so. He was now on the Drahsil's ground. As soon as they were in the main part of the ship, he saw the boy. Bannool barked out some orders. Instead of talking to the boy Obi-Wan found himself being grabed by Drahsil soldiers.

"Father." The boy said. "This is the boy who stoped the Nokeri earlier."

"No son, this is a republic lap dog." Bannool said slugging Obi-Wan in he gut as he was being held back. "One who is going to tell us just where the other jedi scum are hiding that Nokeri lier."

"He's not a lier. You know you've done everything your accused of." Obi-Wan gasped out.

"Oh, this lap dog has some bite." Bannool back handed Obi-Wan across the mouth with a spiked glove. The boy jedi thought he'd go cross eyed.

Half way around the planet, Master Jinn and Master Windu were in a speeder heading for he hidding place of the Nokeri witness. Qui-Gon who was driving suddenly stoped.

"Why are you stoping?" Mace asked.

"Something's wrong. Something's happened to Kenobi."

"We have to get to Ranaki."

"I know." The jedi master told the other. He knew they could not go back for his apprentice, yet. Their duty was to the people of Nokeri, to bring Bannool to justice for his war crimes.

The entire time Qui-Gon was distracted by the feeling that Bannool's latest crime was going to hit closer to home. Why didn't Obi-Wan listen to him! The jedi master knew the Drahsil's reputation was not an exaduration.

Obi-Wan's efforts to escape though vallant were in vain. there were too many for the young jedi, who was not as skilled as his older counterparts, yet. It was likely that even a knight would not have failed to escape from those overwhelming odds. That did not occure to Obi-Wan. To him it was a sign of his own shortcomings.

The Drahsil spoke to each other in their own tounge, which the young jedi did not understand. Bannool was telling his cronnies that they had to get the jedi away from the nagotiations and the ship. They would bring the prisoner to one of the nearby moons that they had a base on.

It was impossible for the older jedi to not notice their ship as it took off.

"Obi
  7. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    "(The rest is in my head be patient.)"

I'm not the doctor my sister is, soooo I don't need patients.

"I'll probably post on my other story tomorrow."

Only probably?!! <whine> (no I'm not a grape, I didn't say wine, do you have some? is it sweet?)

tongue.gif

8. Knight Obi Wan Jedi Knight

star 3
    Geez Windu's a cold, heartless @!#%@##! jodiwent that was excellent. Rather than having him kidnapped, it makes it that much worse on Obi-Wan that he got himself into this mess....which means that afterwards, he'll feel that he has no one to blame but himself...and we all know how notorious Obi-Wan is when he blames himself for something. I look forward to a new post on BOTH this and "To Stand Alone!"
  9. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    A sneek on post.

He didn't know how much time had passed when he awoke. Obi-Wan's head felt like nothing he had ever felt before. The wounds on his arms had healed enough that he hadn't lost to much blood. He rolled over and sat up in the dusty cell they had left him in. He tryed to concentrate on healing his head. He failed because as soon as they noticed that the prisoner was awake, the guards were picking him up again.

Soon Bannool and his son were back as well. The guards only spoke in their own language, Obi-Wan didn' know what they were saying to him.

"See the stupid dog dosen't even understand our words." Bannool kept up with the twisted teaching. "We will teach him some wored. All dogs need water you know, I think I'll tell them to teach the dog how to ask for water."

The warlord spoke to the guards and the guards kept saying the word 'Magga'.

"That is how you ask for water do you want some?" Obi-Wan said nothing. Bannool reached for his dagger again.

Obi-Wan not thinking it was worth another wound said the word. "Magga."

The crule joke was the word magga did not mean water... it ment p!$$. So that when days later the prisoner would be begging for water hed be asking for something elce.

Bannool said some thing to a guard not holding up the jedi. He went to get water but it was in a bowl. The guard put it on the floor. "See republic dog, we can be nice to our animals if they do what they are told. Go ahead and drink."

Obi-Wan kicked the offensive thing at Bannool.

"Not good dog. That was to last you for a long time. "It will take more to train this dog. Dranool you will take something that means the most to the jedi."

"What is that father?"

"This." Bannool grabed Obi-Wan's braid and wound it around his fist and yanked so hard the young jedi thougt it would rip off then. "It's what makes him a jedi."

"Do you want to tell me where that witness is hiding now." Obi-Wan wasn't going to give in that easily. "you have and hour to think about it dog. Then maybe you can keep your jedi leash."
    (TBC)

10. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Cruel, very cruel! Poor Obi-Wan has really got himself into trouble now, and I can see already that it's going to take time for Qui-Gon to come to the rescue! Uh-oh!

Is it just a coincidence that the names Bannool and Dranool both rhyme with "cruel" and "fool" and "drool"?

You are really doing a good job with this, Jodiwent! Keep it up!
  11. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Could Mace be any colder?!?!? Poor Obi, he doesn't have a very good self image as it is and now because he didn't listen to Qui he got himself kidnapped!!!

I see much Obi torture in the near future

BTW Great post, more soon please!!!!
  12. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yipppieee! She posted both places. But this one was way to short. Please post more. Please, please, please, please, please... ooopss gotta go the paper that is due tomorrow is calling me. Sigh... thanks for the great study break. Maybe a new one tomorrow? (hope, hope, hope....)
  13. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just noticed that I'm still online, and remembered that you had asked about tieing this story in with "To Stand Alone" and I would say if you see a way t o make them work naturally, without taking away from either, sure. If you want Obi to run into Dranool again (or someone else) in "To Stand Alone" I'm sure that would be fine. You have awonderful writing style and you can weave a tale well. If you want to add the extra dimention to your plot I'm sure we will love it. (After all, I have a sneeking suspicion that that is how we got most of the cool little conecting peices that exist in the Star Wars Universe in the first place. I don't really believe that Lucas had every thing planned when he made the first three movies and yet, well other than the untimley demise of a wonderful jedi and a pod race that took forever...) Thanks again please post soon.
  14. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sigh, no new posts. Dratted all, I had hoped that you had been able to post here even if 'puter probs made it difficult to post there.... I'mm coming... guess no good stories to prevent me from hearing my still as yet unfinished paper calling me... hmm, maybe I could go to breakfast. (yum, more over cooked eggs) I should... disconnected what do you mean I have been disconected. I have rights you know, I have to write this post so more story will come. I must know what happens next... I must... I must.... Oh, just reconect... silly me why didn't I think of that. Must have come from staying up all night. tongue.gif See what happens when you don't post Jodi, instead of Obi torture we have fan torture..... Mawhaaaa Haaaaa Wahaaaaaaa Whaaaa Sob, Sniff ....Oh please post ... please post ...post...post... soooooooon

No please, not rubber eggs... ewww....nooooo

[This message has been edited by Kaylla Norn (edited 04-14-2000).]
  15. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    I feel like a spy going on three different comps. to post. I will Post tonight, then I'm on the road.

None of this story is written down yet, so maybe on my vacation I'll be getting it out of my head and onto a page!
  16. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    The hour did not take long to pass. While he waited Obi-Wan thought of ways to get himself out of this mess, and tryed to not think about his throbbing head. He tryed to call out to Qui-Gon, wondering if he wasn't too far away, and if his master could get to him even if he heard.

As for his braid he thought the least about that. He did not want to loose ot but knew that Bannool was wrong. His padawan braid showed he was a jedi, it didn't make him one. He understood that the despot was going to try to humilliate him, he wouldn't let it work. If they did cut his braid he would not show them how much it bothered him.

It was around then he began to woneder 'just where is one supposed to... relieve one's self in a place like this. Well if they didn't give him any water it wouldn't mater.

At the end of the hour, the door slid open and to the supprise of the young jedi Dranool alone came into the cell.

"I want talk to you." Dranool said. The boy's basic was not the best.

"So talk."

"I no want to hurt you Jedi. Why you no speek the words my father wants you to?"

Obi-Wan looked at Dranool and shook his head in disbelief. 'Cause he's beating the cr@p out of me maybe.'

"I don't even know what he wants to know." Obi-Wan said.

"I no believe you. You know."

<I don't know anything. You will help me escape.> Kenobi tryed to use jedi voice manipulation, commonly known as a 'mind trick' on Dranool.

Dranool shook his head as if it was working.

"My father tells me you will try to trick me with your wizzard tricks." He said. "That only work on fool's. I no fool."

"Oh no? Dranool you no fool." Even in this bad spot Obi-Wan had to laugh. " No fool is Dranool."

"You make fun of me!"

"Who me?" Obi-Wan thought he couldn't make his situation any worse. "No I'm the fool for thinking I should try to help you."

"You help me Dranool need no help"

You'd never know that Obi-Wan was learning diplomacy. "Oh then what was that when I stoped those boys from whomping your little..."

"I will take the rope that makes you a jedi!"

Dranool something barked out in Drahsillian, and two of the guards came in the cell. It seemed that like his father Dranool could not do anything without help. Obi-Wan could have tryed to fight it but he was saving his fight for getting out of there when he got the chance. He offered no resistance when the two guards twisted his arms, as to make him go face down on the cell floor.

Dranool was not brave enough to be different than his father. He took his father's dagger and cut off the padawan's braid. Of course he had to do it in such a way as to leave a fairly good sized slice behind the unlucky jedi's ear.

"You think you better than me?" Dranool gloated. "You the dog my father says."

They left the boy jedi, but not before kicking him a few times.

Obi-wan didn't even get off the floor. he felt behind his ear and could feel the sticky mess his blood was becoming. He tryed to be brave but all he could do was curl up and cry. He had to cry now, he couldn't in front of them. He'd neaver give them the satisfacton. He was going to find out just how stuborn he really was.

He had a feeling this was only the start of his troubles. To add to his embarasment he found that while the fiends had been kicking him he had found that place he had been wondering about earlier.

He sent out into the force <Master please. Please get here soon.>
    (TBC)

P.S. Thanks for the 'ool' idea Jane Jinn. No it was not on purpose, but it worked out.
  17. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Great post !!! Poor Obi feels so bad and I like it!!! What a sicko I must be

18. HealerLeona Jedi Master

star 4
    jodiwent finally made it here and I must say this is one to keep track of.
  19. Kaylla Norn Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ah, a post. Thanks Jodi. Hope well your trip goes, and fall you do not.
  20. Jane Jinn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Poor Obi-Wan! Something tells me that losing his braid and wetting his pants are going to be the LEAST unpleasant things that happen to him in this cell...

21. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Heay the U.S. fed's did one thing right when they put comuters in all librarys even little tiny ones like where I a'm now.

Jut wanted to let you guys know I won't be able to post untill sunday.

And here is my plug for Amnesty International. A link to a site can be found on page two of 'Missadventures' I'll put it on here later.

send stamps if you want to to :

Amnesty International
    99 Auburn st.
    Auburn, Mass.
    U.S.A.

or your local one.

driving long distances always gives me Ideas. So long from the sunny south.

nice to see you again Healer Leonna,
    just for self promotion check out my other story 'To Stand Alone.' if you havn't seen it yet. This has been a shameless plug.
  22. Kelly Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I will TRY to be patient until Sunday!
    And I don't care what Yoda says about "try", that is all I can promise!!!
  23. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    The Phantom Modem has followed me. Cut off once already!

Back at the nagotiations, the Nokeri witness, Rolin, was well hidden, so no one could get to him before he testifyed. In the time it had taken the jedi to retrieve him, the other five Drahsil warlords had arrived. There perpose being to keep the Republic from atacking their planet. They didn't feel that Drannool's actions had anything to do with them.

These warlords were hard people as well. Not to the extreme of Bannool. They knew what a psycopath he was, but his rank as a warlord gave him stature, and the frenzyed loyalty of his own people made him dangerous to them as well. They had put up with his crimes to keep his attentions away from thaym and their people. They did not however want the Republic to stop him. It the Republic could stop one of their warlords, why not another or all of them?

Qui-Gon had not so much heard Obi-Wan's distant plea in the force as much as feel a nagging in the back of his mind. His padawan was not dead, but he knew the boy was in great danger. Mace knew Qui-Gon intended to speek to the other warlords about Obi-Wan's captivity. He also knew his companion was not thinking clearly.

"Qui-Gon," The senior council member said. "You go and get Rolin, I will speek to the warlords about the boy."

Qui-Gon reluctantly obeyed. Mace approached the Drashilian leaders before any of the Nokeri diplomats arrived.

"Great warlords of Dranal." He was being diplomatic, his voice so cool. "Before we begin the nagotiations... A situation has arisen that I must speek to you about."

"Yes Jedi," The warlord of the greatest stature said. "What is this, situation?"

"Bannool has taken one of uor young apprentices, and we seek your assistance in his return."

"What makes you think we can tell Bannool to let him go?"

"If you might know where he would bring such a prisoner..."

"Just how does a jedi get cought by Bannool anyhow?"

Finally allowing some passion to enter his voice, Master Windu let burst out. "He's only a boy. You know what Bannool and his people are like. Please if you know anything..." Then the master returned to his former serenity. "We would greatly aprciate any information you could give us."

The warlords looked at each other. They would not 'rat-out' one of their own, and the jedi knew it. Mace bowed and went to prepare the evidence they would put forth againct Bannool that day. The Drahsil's absolute refusal to go againct Bannool was the problem in this as well.

Obi-Wan was not the first ot last jedi to have had a run in with Bannool or his people. This included someone very close to Master Windu. He had seen the result of the warlord's handiwork before his friend died. That is why he thought a 'quick death' would have been more mercifull. He thought some things are worse than death.

The day went on and evidence was put forth. Qui-Gon was waiting for the call to bring the survior of Bannool's last attack to testify. Rolin was a bundle of nerves, he did not look forward to being in a room with six Drahsil warlords... but he knew he had to.

"Where is the boy?" Rolin asked, breaking Qui-Gon's wondering mind.

"What?" The jedi, shook his head. "I'm sorry I wasn't listening."

"The boy, your boy. The one who was with you before you hid me? He made me laugh a few times that day. I thought maybe I'd be less afraid if I was laughing." Rolin said. "Is he with the other jedi?"

Qui-Gon was caught off guard. He turned pale and with a catch in his voice answered. "No, the boy is not with the other jedi. He is with Bannool."

"What!"

"He disobeyed my orders to stay away from them, and they took him."

"So why are you here? Why aren't you looking for him..." It then occured to Rolin that he was why the jedi was not looking for his apprentice.

"We are trying to prevent a war here." Qui-Gon sounded now all jedi. "When we are done here we will look for... Obi-Wan." The jedi master closed his eyes trying to remain calm. He really had grown to care deeply for his padawan dispite the trouble they had the
  24. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    Back on the moon where the vicious warlord held the young jedi, he was going to his next stratage to find the hiding place of the witness. The guards again dragged Obi-Wan out of his cell. By now he was a pitiful sight of swolen bruses, blood and p!$$. By now any attempt at healing did not work. He could not concentrate.

"You reek Jedi, don't they teach you hygene in that temple of yours?" They all laughed knowing full well they were the reason he was in that condition. The warlord contiued. "I can't deal with this stench, go hose him off."

The guards gragged Kenobi to another cell where they restrained him to a wall. They took a high powered hose and nearly drowned the boy. The presure of the water felt like more punches. He tryed to keep his head down because they were aiming for his eyes. The whole time all Obi-Wan could think about was how to get the *#+* out of there.

They dragged the now water logged jedi back to the warlord. Obi-Wan saw the boy Dranool holding a box with air holes in it. From it Bannool took out a fire red colored lizard. He held it carefully by its head.

"Do you know what this is?" It was a retorical question. "It's a fire lizard. And do you know what its venom is used for?" Obi-Wan said nothing. "It's used to make the spice fondly called 'truth talker'. Of course, the venom itself is much more effective. We will find out, before it's too late, just where our friend is being hid."

This time Obi-Wan was not going to just stand there. He managed to suprise the guards holding him and get out of their grip. He then used the force to hurl things at them all. He saw an open door and ran for it. He didn't get far. The warlord activated and emergency sealing off device that closed off hte area so there was no way out.

"Now you've really made me angry." Bannool growled as he wiped away blood from a cut one of the objects the jedi hurled. "You made me bleed."

The guards now had him again. "Get him down." Bannool ordered. They kocked him to the ground and held out his hands. The crule warlord then crushed the bones in both of the jedi's hands by repeatedly stomping on them with the heal of his boots. Obi-Wan couldn't help but scream out.

They stood Obi-Wan up again and Bannool said. "You can end all of this pain by telling me where the Nokeri is."

"I'll neaver tell you anything." Obi-Wan defyed. "No matter what you do to me."

This aggrivated the warlord because he knew the little jedi ment it, even after all that had been done to him and the threat of more. The jedi were always so... There was something all of the jedi had that eluded is mind. What was it?

Obi-Wan knew, no matter what twisted things they thought of to do to his body, they would neaver touch the real him. He knew, he was not his body... He was as Master Yoda had so often said 'a luminous being'. He saw Bannool bringing the fire lizard toward him.

In defiance the jedi began to recite the words to a chant that he knew Bannool would not understand. It was about how the force was the sorce of everything good or bad and that the reality of this world was the lesser one. He kept repeating it as the lizards fangs pierced his neck and the venom flowed into his viens.
    (TBC)

I don't know the name of the song but it's by GodSmack (who by the way come from the next town over from mine.)

'Never have I felt so far away,
    as I feel the snake bite enter my vien,
    neaver want to be here again, and I don't remember why I came...'
  25. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    p.s. possible post on weds. all depends if I can pick up the computer in Richmond tomorrow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.