main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luminous Beings / JA mini series ( POST, yes a Post - Oct. 27)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Apr 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Chilling! I like the way Obi-Wan knows that he is a luminous being, that the torture can only affect his body and not his spirit, but he tries to make a run for it anyway.

Are you connected to Amnesty International in some way, is that why you know so much about torture and everything?

2. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Not connected but support Amnisty. I also have huge history interests.

I don't like to say but I studied to be a Shaman for a few years and in what are called healing circles heard alot of stories of abuse that would curl your hair and if it's curly already sraighten it.

People who read Unforseen future/teen Obi-Wan's misadventures in the millitary knows what's in store for our favorite jedi. So noone thinks I'm a just huge sadist by the time the next part of this story, my point in this is that if you show some one we all care about... at least I do, in a horrible situation it reaches people more than anything elce.

this has been a sneek on post.

Launching type-O's now... it's away...

3. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Geez, I'm already cringing at what he's gone through and with a hint of worse to come you've really got my heart pounding.

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    OoooooOOOO this is good Jediwont!! I love some good ol fashioned Obi-Torture!! SQUIRM OBI SQUIRM!!! But remember to add some Obi-Relief K?

5. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    What a powerful post!!! I look forward to Wednesday when we get a new post

The mental anguish that goes along with the physical torture can be difficult to portray, you have done an excellent job!!!

You have also created some very verbally abusive villians, sometimes what is said can have a longer lasting effect than the physical. Keep up the great work

6. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Of course after the Obi-torture, there's always the Obi-healing.

To everyones suprise, the sixth Drasilian warlord did not arrive, but his ambasador did. Rolin testifyed, shaking the whole time. He not only had his word, he also had some holos he had managed to take and smuggle out of the devistated colony.

There was no doubt that Bannool had a hand in it. he was there, he had participated in the butchery.

"We are not prepared to sacrifice our people to go after Bannool." One of the warlords said.

"Then let republic forces deal with him." Master Windu insisted.

"Not in our system." A second warlord barked. "You have no athority over us."

"would you prefer that the republic declair war on all of hte Drahsil? Because if you do not cooperate, that is what we will recomend."

"You'll be at war either way." Qui-Gon added. "With Bannool or us. You can either side with Bannool and face the concequences, or you can benifit from alighing with the republic."

"How do we know that once you've caught Bannool you won't go after one of us.?"

"Yhea." "Right." The others murmered.

"We can draw up an agreement." Windu said. "Then you'll just have to trust us, won't you?"

The warlords murmered some more and the leader said, "We will have to think about this. give us time to discuss this amoung ourselves."

The jedi noded and all left except the warlords and Bannool's ambasador.

"Will any of your people go againct Bannool?" One asked.

The ambasador looked at them trying to sence their moods. "Some may. We do not all want to die for him."

"You know if something were to happen to Bannool, you will still have Dranool. Maybe he will be a wiser warlord." When they said wiser they ment sneekier, so as not to get caught.

Then one asked, "Does he have the jedi boy?"

"Of course he has the boy. He wants him to tell hiim where the jedi are keeping Rolin."

"Well now it doesn't matter, does it."

"If he goes to Coruscant adn tells his story there, then the republic will declair war on all of us."

"And what if we are not willing to go to war for Bannool?"

"Maybe... We can get the jedi to deal with Bannool. Then his clan can't blame us, and the republic can't declair war on us for his crimes."

"How do we do that?"

"Tell the jedi where the boy is. Then they will deal with Bannool."

They looked at the ambasador who nodded. 'Yes I will betray my leader.' It didn't hurt that the ambasador saw his chance at power by controling Dranool.
    (Break time)

7. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    'Hold on, hold on to yourself. This is gonna hurt like he!!.' Sarah Mc Lachlan.

At the same time the other warlords were plotting his demise, Bannool was done waiting for the fire lizard's venom to take effect. Whan they dragged Obi-Wan out of the cell this time the boy had a huge grin on his face that he couldn't seem to stop. The venom had blitzed him out. He also seemed to sway as he walked.

"Look, it's my buddie Bannieoool." Kenobi slured. "You rotten peice of rancor droppings." Then he snickered. "And his son Drafool." He could not hold his tounge, it was the effect of the venom. He was compelled to say what ever entered his mind. "I wanta' get the **** out of here."

"Not untill you tell me little jedi," Bannool snarled. "Where that Nokeri is."

Obi-Wan snickered again. "They din't tell me where they hid em'. They thought I might tell someone by mistake." Then he wispered, and gestured with a small movement of his finger. "Come here and I'll tell yah-secret."

Bannool made no atempt to get closer but the jedi kept talking. "My master dusn't entirely trust me. So he din't tell me where they got him."

Bannool turned red. "AHHRG!" He screamed and he hurled Kenobi across the room into the wall. "All this time wasted for nothing!" His yelling covered up the snaping of one of the boy's ribs. He turned to his guards. "Maybe the jedi will want this dog back, I have no intention of giving him back. He is yours now. Do what ever you wish with him."

What they wished to do with him, you don't want to know. They did to him unspeekable things. Bannool and Dranool did not participate in these sick actions, they stood by and watched. Every once in a while Obi-Wan would look up at Dranool with a pleading look on his face, as if to say 'Stop tham, please just stop them.'

They did not stop them. When the guards were done with him he was nearly dead. A part of him wished he was. He could hear Bannool tell his son. "This is how you deal with your enemies."

Obi-Wan was not their enemy. He was just a boy. A boy who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He had made a mistake, he had now paid for it a thousand times over.

Back at the nagotiations, one of the warlords walking past the jedi in the halls passed a note to Master Windu. It told exactly where Bannool was holding Obi-Wan. Now that Rolin had testifyed it was time for the jedi to act. They hid Rolin again and headed for the base on the moon.

They did not know what they would find when they got there. Qui-Gon knew exactly where to go. When they reached the area where teh warlord was all of the guards fired at them. They easily deflected the bolts. Then they saw Bannool standing in defiance, ready to take tham on, with of all things, Obi-Wan's light saber. "Come on Jedi, I'll take you on."

"He's mine." Qui-Gon said. Mace did not argue. Qui-Gon had to think only of the fact that Bannool was now going to attack him, not about the fact that he had Obi-Wan. He could feel Obi-Wan's pain and fear even from where he was.

The foolish warlord thought himself invincable. He charged at Qui-Gon who stood at the ready. The master jedi only made one move. A second later Bannool's head hit the floor. The rest of him hit it a second after that.

Dranool screamed and hid under a table. The guards put down their blasters and begged for 'mercy', the mercy they had not shown Obi-Wan.

"Where's the boy?" Master Windu yelled. They all pointed at the cell, and ran as soon as the jedi passed them. What the jedi found in the cell was one of the worst things either had ever seen. they had both seen many horrible things before.

Nothing prepared them for the sight of Obi-Wan curled up on the floor without a stitch of clothing on, brused and bleading from places he should not be bleading from. If they could not sence in the force who it was they may not have known. His face was swolen so badly.

Obi-Wan opened his eyes and saw the two masters. "Jedi..." He managed to say. At first he reached out towards Qui-Gon, but then backed away from him. He curled u

8. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
  9. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Enigma :
    'If you uncerstand or you don't,
    if you believe or you don't,
    There is a universal justice,
    and the eyes of the truth are always watching you.'

10. Kid Jedi

Kid Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2000
    Awesome post, very touching !!!
    Great Obi torture going here...now can on with the program...

11. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    As soon as the jedi were on board their small ship they headed for home. They transmited ahead for a med-ship to bring healers to a half way point. They did what they could to keep Obi-Wan alive. The ship was a fast one so it was only a few short hyperspace jumps to the meeting point.

They docked with the med-ship and Qui-Gon carried the unconscious boy over to the healers. The first one of them to see them was the master healer called Kimu, who was around ten years older than Qui-Gon.

"Who is this unfortunate being?" She did not recognize Obi-Wan whom she had known well. When she realised it was him she recoiled. "Obi-Wan?"

The masters nodded. Kimu motioned for them to follow her into the med-lab. Qui-Gon put Obi-Wan down on one of the tables and she checked his life signs. She also toook a sample of his blood.

"He's got to get into the tank, now."

While she ran tests on the boy's blood the other healers hooked him up to the bacta tank and put him in.

Mace then spoke to Qui-Gon. "I have to get back to the nagotiations. Now that Bannool is dead, I believe a settlement can be easily reached. Rolin will be safe. I release
    you from your duties there. Stay with the boy."

Qui-Gon just nodded... 'As if I'd leave anyway.'

Master Windu departed. Undernieath all of his steel like coldness, the jedi master had been deeply disturbed by all that had occured. "May the force be with you and Obi-Wan. He will return to us, I can feel it. He has a strong will to live."

After the two ships seperated, Master Healer
    Kimu approached Qui-Gon. "Master Jinn, I have found something in Padawan Kenobi's blood that may complicate his healing."

"What is that?"

"Very hight concentrations of the spice called 'truth talker'."

"Can't you remove it from his system?"

"It's not that easy." She explained. "It's so concentrated, I fear he was bittn by the fire lizard itself. That venom can not be removed quickly without killing him. It's a good thing you found him before it was out of his system."

Again Qui-gon turned pale. "What does that mean?"

"We may have to keep giving him the 'truth talker' untill we can slowly lower the amount in his system. It could take up to a week to do it safely."

"Your telling me, you're actually going to give him more drugs?"

"If we don't he'll have a brain hemorage and die, would you prefer that?"

"Of course not!"

"When he comes out of the tank, between what's happened and what we'll have to give him you'll have to accept his behavior for a while. He may say things that will upset you."

Qui-Gon nodded and sighed. He understood fully what the healer was saying.

When they reached Coruscant they brought the tank to the healing center. They kept Obi-Wan in it for three days. Every day Qui-Gon would go from the healing center to the meditation halls trying to make some sence out of what had happened to his padawan. He was not getting any sleep.

He was there when they took Obi-Wan out of the tank. He was only conscious for brief moments when all he would do was ask them where his boots were.

This day when Qui-Gon was meditating he was joined by his friend Tahl. She had been blinded on a misson the year before, but she did not need her eyes to see how much pain and guilt her friend was holding. She just knelt next to him to show she was there for him. She could feel all of his frustration at being hurt because he cared for some one again.

"Yes Qui-Gon Jinn it hurts to see something you love hurt." Tahl said to his unspoken feelings. "That is the risk you must take if you want love in your life. If you want to go be a hermit somewhere only then will you be free of that kind of pain. And you will have no one to bring you joy either."

"Do you remember what you said to me a year ago?" Qui-Gon asked. "You said that the relationship between My padawan and myself would be stronger because it had been broken."

Tahl nodded. "I remember it well."

"You were right." He was silent for a moment. "Do you think it will be true for Obi-Wan himself?" Now tears were slowly streeking the noble man's face. "Will he be strong

12. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Love the lyrics at the end...very appropriate. Keep it up !!!

13. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    a sneek on post.

The new matchbox 20 song 'Bent' is the perfect song for this story. I first heard it two weeks ago, flew to the record store only to find the album won't be out untill May. I've only heard it three more times on the radio but this is the key line.

"Can you help me, I'm bent.
    I'm so scared that I'll neaver,
    get put back together..."

See you tonight.

14. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Powerfull posts!!!!! Your song selections are right on the money!!!

Interesting behavior for Obi-Wan to be displaying, I can only guess and hope there will be more. Qui-Gon will have to deal with hearing a lot of stuff that he may not like

Post soon....Post often

15. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I've read that people--children--who are being abused sometimes split their personalities in order to be able to cope with what's being done to them, and at the moment, it looks like Obi-Wan's done exactly that. I find myself wishing that Qui-Gon would sit down and talk to "Jedi Kenobi" about "Obi-Wan" and tell him that he's worried about Obi-Wan and doesn't want to kick his backside across the galaxy, but wants to hug him instead, or whatever. Maybe a conversation like this would help Obi-Wan to heal. But no matter what you have planned for Obi-Wan's recovery, Jodiwent, I'm looking forward to reading it!

16. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Posting here tomorrow, a longer post. I can get on the computer earlier on Sat.

17. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    That night while Qui-Gon was meditating he senced the presence of Master Yoda next to him. He opened his eyes and Yoda spoke.

"Not helping Obi-Wan if sleep you do not."

"I can't Master. Not untill I know he'll be alright."

"Meditating much you have been. What does the force tell you."

"The force tells me that one day Obi-Wan will be a great jedi knight."

"Then why fret you so."

"If you went down there to see him you would know why." Qui-Gon said comenting on the fact that Yoda had not been to see Obi-Wan yet.

"See him with my eyes I need not. I know well how it is with him, feel it in the force I do. When needs to see me, he does, go there I will."

"I'm sorry I spoke to you in such a manner master."

"I blame you not Qui-Gon Jinn. Know I how it is with you as well. Worries me it does."

"I thank you for your concern, it still will not help me sleep."

Yoda knew there would be no convincing Qui-Gon to take care of himself. Instead of speeking he knelt to meditate by Qui-Gon's side.

days later with only a fraction of the truth talker in his system Obi-Wan was still not himself. His verbal outbursts were less intence. he still incisted that 'Jedi Kenobi' and Obi-Wan were not the same person. Every time he saw Qui-Gon he insisted that they had to find Obi-Wan.

When the healers asked him to talk about what had happened he had no problem telling them all what happened to Obi-Wan, and how he wouldn't want to be him.

It was as if his confident side and his insecure side were split in two. It was due to the drug as well as the physical torture. It was a way for the boy's mind to deal with the fealings he was struggling with. If he was ever going to recover he could not keep doing taht. One day siin he'd have to realize that he was who he was.

Every day Qui-Gon waited for that moment. Each day he was disapointed when his padawan would ask, "Have you found Obi-Wan yet?"

Qui-Gon wanted to hug him and tell him 'Your Obi-Wan.' Kimu had told him he had to wait untill the boy realized it himself. So the master told him. "I will neaver stop looking for Obi-Wan."

A few more days and all the drug was out of his blood, yet he still insisted that he was 'Jedi Kenobi', not Obi-Wan. Again Kimu asked him about what happened to 'Obi-Wan', and again he said he was glad it wasn't him.

It also happened that For a few days Obi-Wan's friend Bant whad been back at the temple and had begged the healers to let her see him. Before the drug wore off they were reluctant. Kimu thought now it might be what he needed. She braced the Calimarian girl for how Obi-Wan might act, and that she should not puch him onthe subject of who he was.

The boy was happy to see her. He said if anyone knew where to find Obi-Wan, Bant would. Whan he asked her if she would look for Obi-Wan, it took all of her strength not to cry.

"I hope Obi-Wan returns soon." She said.

"Why?"

"Because I miss him."

"They did some rotten things to him."

"I don't care, I want my big brother back."

She left when the healers told her to.
    (Break)

18. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    That night Qui-Gon sort of slept where he had slept ever since they had returned to the temple... in a chair outside of the room the healers had Obi-Wan in. He would not, could not go any where elce untill Obi-Wan was himself.

That night his silent prayers were answered. As long as the truth talker was in his system, Obi-Wan showed no sadness about what had happened because he believed it had not happened to him. With the drug out of his system he would have to deal with reality.

Late in the night, for the first time, Qui-Gon felt fear and anger radiating from the room... He then heard Obi-Wan crying. The master went in to see what was happening. Obi-Wan was standing in front of a mirror, looking at his own reflection and crying.

"Are you alright?" Qui-Gon asked.

Obi-Wan looked at his master with a pathetic expression. "I'm Obi-Wan?" He asked more than said at first. Qui-Gon nodded.

Obi-Wan sank to the floor and repeated. "I'm Obi-Wan." He felt his face as if it was not real. "I'm Obi-Wan."

Qui-Gon did not know if Obi-Wan would react the way he had when they had found him, but the master felt as if he had to reasure the padawan with his presence. He reached out to Obi-Wan who finaly stood, week and teary eyed, and went to his Master for comfort. "I'm Obi-Wan." He said again as he hugged Qui-Gon.

"Yes you are Obi-Wan." Qui-Gon now had tears of relief in his eyes. "And your back."

Again Obi-Wan suddenly pulled away. "Master, I disobeyed you."

"That does not matter now." Qui-Gon would not let Obi-Wan beat himself up over that. "The only thing that matters now is for you toget better." The two looked at each other in silence for a while, just taking in each others presence. "Now you must rest or the healers will be after me." Qui-Gon joked with a sad smile. He helped Obi-Wan get back into bed.

"Master?" Obi-Wan asked before Qui-Gon could leave. "It wasn't a dream. was it? All those bad things were real."

"Yes Padawan." Qui-Gon sighed. "That is true, they were real. It's over now. Tonight you rest. We will deal with it tomorrow."

"Yes Master." The exhausted boy was already asleep.

Qui-Gon was so relieved. He knew, now the real healing would begin.
    (TBC)

19. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Great posts!!! I was thrilled to see an update on this thread and I even more so after I read. I am glad Obi knows who he is again, but I would imagine there is still some healing needed. I look forward to the continuation of this wonderful story.

20. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I'm going to ask the lurkers to chime in. I do the same thing read and not reply. Who's reading this story. I'd really apreciate it.

21. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I'm a lurker. I admit. Poor Obi-Wan.
    That would be HORRIBLE! What happened to him I mean.
    Your doing great jodiwent

22. Obi-wan's Padawan

Obi-wan's Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2000
    I am also a lurker. It seems to be a bad habit of mine. I do have to say that I am enjoying your story. Poor Obi-Wan. I can't wait to see how he deals with everything that he has gone through.

23. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    jodiwent- very powerful scenes. It makes me feel so bad for Obi-Wan, especially since you din't go into detail about what they did to him. Leaves it up to our imagination.
    Awesome, just awesome.

24. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    The healers were amazed at how well Obi-Wan was doing concitering all that happened. A few days after he remembered who he was, Three of his friends asked if they could walllk him around the temple. There was something specal that was going to happen in the skys above Coruscant that day. They didn't think Obi-Wan should miss it.

The healers knew he was going to have to face other people sooner or later. Now was as good a time as any. Bant, Zaize, and Dougan were the only ones brave enough to deal with him just yet.

Many of his friends thought they would say the wrong thing adn so stayed away. This was mostly to ease their own minds. They wanted to believe that things like what happened to Obi-Wan just didn't happen. Padawan Kenobi was a huge reminder that these things did happen... Even to jedi.

Where do you want to go?" Bant asked.

"Just anywhere away from the healers." Obi-Wan said. He apreciated everything they had done for him, yet he was geting sick of them.

There was a rock garden on a balcony neerby. That is where they would take Obi-Wan to see the double eclipse. As they walked along many people told Obi-Wan to get well soon, not knowing what elce to say. Word always spred fast in the temple. He wondered how much they knew.

When they got to the garden, they found a spot on a large rock. More people wished Obi-Wan well. After a while more people were there and some wispered behind his back about how he had 'lost his marbles'. One padawan was even rude enough to snicker to his friends about how he'd lost something elce.

Obi-Wan's friends could feel hia nervousness each time someone said something mean that they thought he hadn't heard.

"Maybe you should bring me back." Obi-Wan said with a shakey voice.

"NO!" Zaize angrily snapped. "They are the ones who should go."

Obi-Wan knew she was going to make one of her scenes as she walked over to where the one who had made the rude coment. he could imagine the colorfull words she was using to tell them off. A part of him was glad she was on his side. Another part just wanted to hide. He knew he couldn't.

When Zaize returned to her three friends she reached into a bag she carried and took out the special eye protectors they would need to see the spectacular astronomical show in the skys above.

It was an event that only happened every four hundred years. Even then only a small part of the planet would see it in totality. Two of Coruscant's moons would, in sequence, pass between the planet and its sun. Many jedi had returned just to see it. It was on of the most incredible things the four young jedi had or would ever see.

When it was over, Obi-Wan forgot he couldn't walk quit so far on his own yet. He got five feet away from the rock when his legs gave out and he triped to the ground. His friends heared the loud thump. They looked to see Obi-Wan trying to get back up.

"Wait." Bant said as she hurried to Obi-Wan, followed by the others. "We're here to help you."

Obi-Wan was silent. He had enjoyed his moment of forgeting. Now he head to remember it all again.

"That's right." Dougan, who was not known for his sensitivity told him. "Your not alone my friend."

"Your never alone." Zaize added. "Don't forget that, or, or I'll colber you."

"As if you could." Obi-Wan said with his old smile.

When they saw that smile they knew their friend was definetly back. Obi-Wan leaned on his friends who helped him return to the healers.

Later that day her master found Zaize in her foom crying. For all of her bravato, the girl was a sensitive soul.

"Padawan," The master asked. "do you weep for your friend?"

"No Master." She said. "I weep because I don't understand. Why do some other jedi sa nean things about what happened to Obi-Wan?"

"Child , I do not understand them either. Obi-Wan had to be very strong to survive. In a way Obi-Wan is like the eclipse. It is a powerfull thing, yet some people fear it. Some people neaver fully face the dark. Without the dark, how would we know when the light returned?"

"In truth Master, the light never went away. It was just blocked so

25. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Excellent posts jodiwent, I feel so bad for Obi-Wan. He is lucky to have such sweet friends!!!! Please post more soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.