main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luminous Beings / JA mini series ( POST, yes a Post - Oct. 27)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Apr 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I wish I had been cleaver enough to steal An-Paj now that I see alot of other people using him. Oh well.

Ever since he remembered who he was and what had happened to him, Obi-Wan was now the one who could not sleep. One of the healers doing the rounds wanted to give him something to make him sleep.

"NO!" Obi-Wan protested. "Get that thing away from me." He hated shots, and just didn't want anything controling him.

"You need sleep." The healer, who didn't know Obi-Wan insisted.

"I'll sleep when I'm good and ready to."

The healer gave up. Still he said. "We will see what master Kimu has to say about this. I will be back."

When the young healer and Kimu returned, they found that Padawan Kenobi had gone.

"What did you say to him?" Kimu asked.

"I told him you's make him take the setitive."

"Oh great, get him afraid of me now."

"Master, I don't think it is wise to let a strong willed boy rule over us."

"Do you know what that boy has been through?"

"I know his chart shows extensive injuries. It says he hasn't slept in days."

"You are clueless."

"What?" The confused healer inquired.

"Did you look at the whole chart or just today's entry? Look at the name."

The younger healer finally looked at the other side of the flimsy-plast chart.

"Kenobi... He's the padawan that was tortured." He turned pale. "And I just tryed to force him to take something. Oh cr@p."

"Cr@p indeed. He couldn't have gone too far." Kimu said. "I'll find him." She let the force guide her to where he was.

She found him asleep... Obi-Wan had snuck into Qui-Gon's chambers and not wanting to wake his master, who was finally sleeping, curled up in a chair next to Qui-Gon's bed. Kimu thought 'At least their both asleep.' and left.

Qui-Gon awoke in the morning because he heard a stiring in his room. He could feel Obi-Wan's presence before he opened hiis eyes. He turned to see his padawan where he'd been all night. Curled up on the chair.
    He wondered if hte healers knew Obi-Wan was there. 'I'd better find out'. He thought.

"Obi-Wan." Qui-Gon wispered and he taped the boy on the shoulder.

Obi-Wan awoke with a start. At first he took in a paniced breath. Then he saw his master and knew where he was.

"Do the healers know your here?"

"I don't know."

"Why are you here?"

"I don't want to be there anymore."

"Why didn't you go to your room?"

"Are you upset that I'm here?"

"No, no. I just think you would be more comfortable in your bed than on that hard oold chair."

"Master, I didn't want to be alone."
    (TBC)
    sorry this is a short post. I have to sleep too. Posted on other story as well.

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Personally, I think that's where Obi-Wan belongs, right at Qui-Gon's side, and the healers should just let him stay there, assuming all his other injuries have been taken care of. Another touching post, Jodiwent! You really do the emotions well, whether it's the annoyance of the Healers, or Obi-Wan's confusion, or whatever!

3. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    What a great post!!! Obi-Wan sure can give the healers a run for their money!!! I love the fact that Obi-Wan went to his Masters room and slept in the chair by his bed. I love all that angsty stuff, please give me more!!!!!

4. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    No mater how many times the healers tryed to get Obi-Wan to stay in the healing center, they always found him the next day, back in Master Jinn's room. The Jedi Master did nothing to discourage this either. After a few days they gave up. They still kept a close eye on him.

It seemed the best treatments for him were the times he spent meditating with Qui-Gon. Over the next two weeks Obi-Wan gained most of his strength back. The problem now was that the padawan would laps into moments when he thought he was back with the Drahsil. When he wasn't in one of those moments he wavered between passive and agressive moods.

One time in a practice hall, he felt as if he were being pushed aside while waiting to get a practice staff. Determined not to be pushed around, he strode up to the boy who had walked past him and grabed the object he wanted from the other padawan. Almost instantly he realized his behavior was not proper and gave it back. He started to leave in embarassment.

Qui-Gon had just seen what had transpired.

"Don't you want to train today?"

"I did want to Master."

"Then let's get to it."

"Could we go to a different hall?"

"No. You must still face your own actions."

"Yes master."

They returned and worked on things to help Obi-Wan's strength return. He needed no help remembering his tecniques. When he was worn out they would go and meditate.

The week that followed was a good one for Obi-Wan and therefore Qui-Gon as well. The end of that week however brought an event that set them both back again.

(This part of the story was told in my other story 'missadventures'. It starts around the middle of page two and goes onto page three.)

LINK:
    Forum16/HTML/000033.html Forum16/HTML/000033.html

I wrote that part before JA#7 was out.

I PASTED THIS PART ON HERE FROM THE OTHER STORY. I'll fix it later.

Everyone wondered if Obi-Wan would ever fully recover. Sometimes he could hear whispers behind his back. Some not so understanding.

"Poor Master Jinn, he'll loose another one."

"I wouldn't want that one watching my back."

Most of the jedi were understanding, but even his friends didn't know quite how to react to him. He in turn didn't know how to act around them. He was tired of everyone thinking 'Poor Obi-Wan.' or 'Poor Qui-Gon.'

It had happened, it was a fact. It was over and done with. He wanted things to just get back to normal. He wanted to be able to go out on a mission with Qui-Gon. Until the flashbacks were less frequent and intense the healers told Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan shouldn't be sent out.

So Obi-Wan waited. He practiced, meditated and trained hoping nothing would set him off again. He would get control of his emotions. His mind would not remain imprisoned. It was a fact, and no one could convince Obi-Wan otherwise. The mind however is a rebellious thing. A sight, a smell, a sound could put Obi-Wan back in the Drahsil cell with those fiends.

At that same time some of the other young jedi had been working on the sets for the Republic day pageant. Some of Obi-Wan's friends had enticed him to help out one day.

On the steps of the senate building, the young jedi and some of the children of senate workers were building and painting the backgrounds for the annual civic holiday commemorating the end of the sith wars four-thousand years or so before.

Obi-wan felt good to be out of the temple for a change. He liked being around other young people. They were all having fun.

Towards the end of the day Obi-wan was on top of a ladder, happily painting away when a sound triggered a flash back. It was only a split second, but he fell off and the can of paint spilt against the wall ruining that section.

"Oafy-Wan, your such a ****-up!" Rang across the square.

It was of course Obi-Wan's nemesis Bruck Chun. His choice of words were deliberate and not lost on Obi-Wan or the other young jedi. Some of them told Bruck in no uncertain terms what a jerk he was.

Chun and his two remaining toadies laughed it off. Dougan Thatch, who used to be on o

5. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Wow things are moving fast here (on the list). I know it's almost impossable to keep two stories together but I'm going to try.

6. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    To the top.

7. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    Poor poor Obi-Wan I hope that Bant is able to help him on Mon Calamari

[This message has been edited by Knight Obi Wan (edited 05-04-2000).]

8. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    jodiwent, I agree with Knight Obi Wan in regards to Bant helping.

This is certainly another fabulous story.

9. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I hate to say it but this part of the story is stuck in my head. I will shake it out of there.

Gee I just spent a week at the beach where do you think I got the idea for going to an ocaen planet. Something big for Bant will happen there.

I will have alot of time on computer Sat. I will try to post here tomorrow.

Posted on other story tonight.

[This message has been edited by jodiwent (edited 05-08-2000).]

10. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    It did not take long for Obi-Wan to physically heal. The injuries from being hit by the speeder weren't complex and a few hours in the bacta tank and a day of meditation healed the broken bones. He was not well enough however to sneek into Qui-gon's room just yet.

Now the healers wanted to talk, and talk and talk. They couldn't let a self destuctive padawan loose on the jedi. They had to be sure that Obi-Wan would not try to hurt himself again. He wouldn't.

A suprising thing happened the next day. He was walking around the healing center when to his shock and horror Young Kenobi saw his friend Bant Eerin the Calimarian girl being brought in. She was under her own power, but her master had to help her. The girl's useually bright salmon color was now getting a ill grey look to it.

"What's wrong with Bant?" Obi-Wan asked worried. No one answered. Bant ran to the waste unit and was sick into it.

"I don't think I should leave here yet."

Obi-Wan went to her side and held a flipper in his hands. "Are you alright?"

"I'm just a little sick Obi-Wan nothing major." Bant answered.

"We'll see about that." Her master said as she went to find one of the healers.

Obi-Wan stayed with Bant by the refuse unit. Untill Kimu entered the room saying. "Out young man."

He wasn't going to argue. He knew She'd be running tests on his friend. He did not go far however. When the examination was over Bant sat next to Obi-Wan.

"It looks like I'll be keeping you company here untill the test results."

They had been given seperate rooms but they stayed together and watched a bad holo-net jedi movie they made fun of.

In the midle of the move they could hear some yelling in the hall.

"I don't think it's a good time for him to be seperated from me." It was Qui-Gon.

"He needs a long rest." Kimu insisted. "And he needs to not cling to you so much."

"I don't think that's what he's doing."

"He needs to be away from Coruscant for a short while, to reflect on what's happened."

This argument went on. Obi-Wan radiated sadness. "They want to send me away from the temple."

"Maybe you do need a long rest. Then you will be ready to go on a mission with your master."

Obi-wan was silent. "I hope what you have is nothing bad."

"I don't feel too bad, just different."

The next day Bant found out why she felt so different. At the same time she got an idea about where Obi-Wan should take his long rest.

As if on cue, Obi-Wan showed up in her room.
    "What's wrong with her." He demanded from Kimu.

"Nothing is wrong with Bant."

"Nothing?"

"Nothing that's not normal for a thirteen year old Mon Calimarian."

"Huh?"

Bant chuckled at her friend. "Obi-Wan... I'm going to be going to visit Mon Calimari."

"You can go with me."

"Why are you going away... If there's nothing wrong. Your not telling me something."

"Obi-Wan nothings wrong. I'm... Going home because, I'm going to be laying my eggs."

Obi-Wan neerly passed out.

11. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I think I'd pass out too. ROFLOL
    Why does she have to go home to um lay her eggs?
    Innnnteresting

12. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I don't know about Mon Cal's, but in this story they lay eggs.

Check this out,I just found it to make sure.

It's the Cephabpod page.

I kid you not.
    http://is.dal.ca/~ceph/TCP/index.html http://is.dal.ca/~ceph/TCP/index.html

It's cute. The curser on the opening page is a squid, and ink.

If you can find it when you go to the squid section you can click on a picture of eggs!

13. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Those things are nasty looking, the eggs I mean. Thats cute though, that curser thingie.
    Um LOL I'm assuming her eggs are just that, eggs. They aren't going to hatch or anything. Because if they did that would mean....clears throat
    Well anyway. ROFLOL

14. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Bant is a good little jedi. Don't frett all will be revieled.

15. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    I wasn't really fretting. I was more wondering if it was like......well its hard to explain. Maybe what your idea is what I'm thinking. I'll just have to wait and see.
    I wasn't really thinking she'd been naughty.
    No, not really.

[This message has been edited by JediKnight-Obi-Wan (edited 05-06-2000).]

16. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Did I just open a big can of worms?

Uncle Obi-Wan!

The other thought crossed my mind but NO!

Good night.

17. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

Jan 13, 2000
    Lol WHAT?
    No, no, I was thinking of this thing I watched on the discovery channel once. Not naughty at all. lol
    I wasn't thinking what I think you thought I was thinking.
    WOW tongue twister. Anyway, no, no can of worms that I know of.

18. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Forget I said that. Hope your still laughing. It's a big ocaen out there...

[This message has been edited by jodiwent (edited 05-08-2000).]

19. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    In my further surfing for information on this subject I didn't find what I was looking for but... just to know there's a web site called Eurosquid... and a international squid advisory council warms my heart.

I also saw a link to the northwest? slug page.

Ain't cyberspace wonderful?

LOL heh, heh, heh.

[This message has been edited by jodiwent (edited 05-06-2000).]

20. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    So, Bant's hitting puberty. Interesting idea, going home to lay eggs. Beats the heck out of what we human females have to go throught monthly.

21. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Every thing you wanted to know about squids but were afraid to ask...
    Did you ever get the sinking feeling you were floundering...

"You're going to do what!" Zaize sputtered. She had gone to see how Bant was and the Calimarian told her what was going on. "That means your going to be..."

"A mother. It's perfectly natural." Bant said as if this were an every day occurance. Acctually it was a every five year occurance.

"You're not old enough."

"I'm not a human you know. We learned all about this in biology class."

"But.. But..."

"For once Zai is at a loss for words." Obi-Wan couldn't resist teasing.

Zaize was on her way to join her master to go on a mission. Obi-Wan couldn't help thinking she was the luckiest of them all. When she had gone Obi-Wan looked at Bant with a serious expression.

"What?" Bant said as if His expression was a question.

"Why do you want ME to go with you to Mon Calimari?"

"Why would I want anyone elce. Ever since I was six and you comvinced me tha there were no monsters in my room..." Bant looked at him with her large sparkling eyes. "You've been my big brother. You saved my life last year. Now it's time for me to do something for you."

Though patient and understanding the council had to come to a decision about Obi-Wan. They called Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to appear before them to talk to the padawan.

"Obi-Wan, you know that ajedi can not be a danger to the others." Master Windu said. "If you can not control your emotions, or continue to not know where you are at times, you are a danger to others."

"After what happened it's to be exspected." Qui-gon defended berfore Obi-wan could respond. "He needs time. The healers have great faith that he will be well again."

"We all hope that but you know well Qui-Gon." Ki-Adi spoke. "That a weak apprentice is worse than none."

Qui-Gon was ready to speek again, but Obi-Wan spoke first. "I am not weak." He asid with a determined glare.

"True that is." Master Yoda said. "Weak the boy is not."

"He is open to the dark side." Ki-Adi spoke again.

"I would know if Obi-Wan had touched the dark side." Qui-Gon insisted.

"Why do you say I am open to the dark side?" Obi-Wan asked.

"To survive the Drahsil... Did you use any power that you were not taught?"

Obi-Wan looked at the knight as if he were speeking a strange language. "Power? I don't understand."

"He wants to know, when you found that there was no way out of your situation." Master Windu clearified. "Did you use anger of aggression to stay alive?"

The boy looked as if he'd cry again. It had not even occured to Obi-Wan to use the dark side to save himself and the fact that some of the council would think that he had disturbed him. "No... I felt anger but I did not use it."

"If you had you would not tell us."

Obi-Wan felt like he was caught in a trap. He hadn't used the dark side but his meer survival made him suspect.

"Feel the dark side in him I do not." Yoda said. "Never broken has his conection to the force been."

"I agree." Master Windu seconded. "I still think young Kenobi needs to go away for a while as the healers sugest. If he has over come his emotions after that he may go back to his place at Master Jinn's side."
    (TBC)

22. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    The High Council's being awfully harsh on Obi-Wan. Maybe they're the ones in need of a little vaction.

23. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    Weak apprentice??? How DARE they say that?? How could they be so dense as to not know the courage and STRENGTH Obi-Wan had to have inside himself to live through what he did...and then live WITH it!!!!

Grrrrr, MORE SOON BEFORE I GO CRAZY!!!

24. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Warning Rouge Planet spoiler.

I wanted this to be in contrast to when Anakin uses the dark side on the blood carver. Later When Obi-wan sences Anakin's link (I have to look this up, I don't have the book with me.) has been severed, he thinks some thing close to 'a spiritual wounded Padawan is worse than a dead one'.

I wanted it to contrast, because Obi-Wan went through so much and didn't turn to the dark side. Anakin on the other hand although in mortal danger and trying to save the girl (Jabisa?) lets the dark side just take him over the first sign of trouble. You could also look at it as Obi-wan isn't there for him (At that moment only). I hope I'm explaining this in a way that makes sence. It dose in my head.

Just like Anakin, in my story is getting a bit of a free ride at the temple, where as Obi-Wan had to struggle for everything, even being Qui-Gon's padawan.

The rest of the story is in my head. Still forming. Posting on other story.

By the way if you have Rouge Planet, page 250, check it out. Obi-injury! Not quite torture.

25. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Qui-gon Jinn was ready to take a fit. He knew this was how they had to respond. He was now more than ever convinced that the council spent too mush time with rules than with the ways of the living force. Even the sugestion that his padawan might have used dark powers to survive his ordeal sent a wave of resentment through him. He felt the feeling and as he should have done he shook off the negative emotion before he spoke.

"I may agree that Obi-wan may have to rest as the healers say." He started. "Do you not see that it was his conection to the force, and the boys own will, that many of you are so fond of saying is so strong that carried him through this."

"We must be sure." Mace said. "You must see that he must be fully recovered before he can go on any missions with you and you can not just wait untill that time."

"I agree with master Jinn." Plo Kloon defened his friend. He often felt like a lone voice in the council chamber. "This padawan has always been strong. I sence anger but it does not stay with him. I can see his future and it is as a jedi."

"Yet we may see what he wants us to see." Deepla (spell?) spoke to back up her master's position. "He wants to be a knight so strongly it dominates his thoughts."

"So does this not indicate his true heart." Adi Galla now chimed in. "I feel that those of you who can not think of anything but procedure should take a closer look at our young one here. All he ever thinks about is the order and where he will fit into it."

Inedeed they did take a closer look. Obi-wan never liked when they could read him so transparently, even when one was saying something good. He started to feel very self concious.

"Masters..." Obi-Wan said. "I undrestand you have to make sure I am in control of my emotions. I have no doubt that if I go away I will return ready to join my master again. I only request that you let me accompany my friend Padawan Eerin as she goes to her home world and not somewhere elce."

The masters thought. Then Yoda spoke. "Agreed are we?" The other's nodded. "Yes Padawan Kenobi, accompany your friend you may. Deep thinking you must do while you are there. When return you do we will see how to proceed."

Qui-gon and Obi-Wan bowed and left the council chambers.

"Do they really think I used the dark side to survive Master?"

"I don't think so they just have to follow their narrow rules."

"You don't agree with them alot of times."

"No I don't." Qui-Gon said. "I know that you offen see things their way."

"Not today." Obi-Wan grinned. "I'll be alright Master."

"I'm not sure if I will be alright." Qui-Gon was joking but his statement had a ring of truth in it. He did not want to be seperated from his padawan by such a distance. If he was sent on a mission he'd worried that something elce may go wrong. Qui-Gon also knew that it was time for Obi-Wan to reflect on his own and to be more independant of his master. He had to let go of his padawan for the boy's own good.
    (TBC)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.