main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luminous Beings / JA mini series ( POST, yes a Post - Oct. 27)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Apr 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Their masters were on a hired ship, trying to look like inocent travelers. They were hoping the sorce of the disappearing ships would appear. They were very neer to the boarder of Hutt space. The two jedi masters had a feeling the Hutts were somehow involved.

It could be a simple as pirates, who were just picking ships at random. What was their perpose, who ever was responcable?

While they were waiting to be intercepted they had a lot of time to think. They both worried about their Padawans on Mon Calimari. At least Bant's master was worrying about something thing that was an ordinary natural part of life. What Qui-Gon had to worrie about was anything but ordinary or natural.

Being a jedi who respected all beings and defending the week made it even harder to understand why the Drahsil had gone so far out of the way to hurt and humiliate Obi-Wan. He was still just a boy.

He wondered if now Obi-Wan would believe the galaxsy was a place full of hate. There was darkness. Before the republic and the jedi the galaxsy was a much darker place where people like Bannool sent fear across it.

Qui-Gon also had time to think about how close he had come to crossing the line into the darkness. He searched for an answer, how could anyone see what they had done to Obi-Wan and not be angry and yes even hateful. What would he have done if Obi-Wan had died?
    He still wanted to punish the others that had gotten away, there was no way to find out who they were now.

He also remembered the look of fear on Dranool's face as he saw his father's head hit the floor. Would Dranool learn from his father's mistakes, or repeat them?

Qui-Gon's wondering came to an abrupt end as a jolt hit the ship. They were being attacked.
    (TBC)

2. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Mesa know your out there.

3. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    *lurking disabled*

Mesa here! Mesa here! Mesa still waiting for next part... Hurry hurry!

*lurking enabled*

4. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I have been away for a couple of days and look what I missed, 2 posts, YIPPEE!!!!

I can't help but feel sorry for Bant, she has a lot to deal with for someone so young. Qui-Gons feelings are certainly natural, you would hate the people that hurt your child beyond measure.

Can't wait for more!!!

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Is it Qui-Gon's turn to get captured and tortured, or will he defeat the Hutt-Pirates and solve the mystery easily before getting back to Obi-Wan? I'm hanging on the edge of my seat, waiting for more!

6. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    No clues as to who Bant's master is going to be in JA8. I'll just keep calling her Bant's master assuming it will be a she.
    Qui-Gon ran to the cockpit closely followed by Bant's master.

"Didn't you see the ship before it fired on us?" He asked the pilot.

"No, there's nothing on the scanners either." The pilot said. "Nothing."

"Maybe it's a drift mine." Bant's master sugessted. "They wouln't show up on the scanner."

"They'd get thruogh the sheilds too."

"How's the damage?" Qui-gon asked.

"It's not the engines. It's the controls." The pilot read the scanners. "It's the cables. I'll get the droids on it."

The pilot entered the orders to send the repair droids to work.

"We're sitting ducks." Bant's master stated the obvious. She and Qui-Gon searced the scanners to see if anything was out there or on the way. Just because they couldn't find it onthe sensors didn't mean they weren't there.

Qui-Gon reached out into the force to see.

"Something's coming."

Seconds after he said it, they all saw it. Skreeching out of hyperspace was a huge ship of Hutt design. What were they doing in Republic space, putting out drift mines to boot? They all had a very bad feeling about it.

"Well, looks like we are going to find out what happened to those other ships." Bant's master stated the obvious.

"I would have prefred finding them, rather than them finding us." qui-Gon sighed.

"Should I fire on them?" The pilot asked.

"No, let them board us."
    (TBC)

[This message has been edited by jodiwent (edited 05-22-2000).]

7. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Great story. I really like how Bant feels apprehensive about seeing her parents and Obi-Wan's wistful thoughts.

Sounds like Qui-Gon and Bant's master are about to have their hands quite full.

Looking forward to more jodiwent.

8. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    Three posts!? Where have I been?? Great additions Jodi LOL, I almost forgot about the Masters. You're right HealerLeona it does appear that our dear Masters are about to be busy.

I have a feeling that Bant will meet her parents, and as for Obi-Wan...well "To Stand Alone" tells us that

9. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    "Board us?" The pilot said, as the ship was rockd by another shift, but it was not a shot. "I think they have more than that in mind."

Indeed the small ship was being pulled into the larger one. Like its owners eating some unlucky frog, the Hutt ship swallowed them up. The question now was, what did they want?

"Do we wait for them or do we go hunting?" Bant's master asked already knowing she would not wait even if qui-Gon decieded to.

"I know what your thinking and I agree."

"What?" The pilot asked nervously.

"Stay close to us." Qui-Gon told him.

The pilot rolled his eyes but he knew better than to doubt a jedi. The three of them snuck off the ship to find out what the Hutts were up to. The ship was now in a large holing area inside the massive Hutt ship. They also saw they were not the only ones.

There was a large group of people waiting outside of one of the larger ships. A Large Hutt sitting on a repulsor lift and adressed them.

(***Huttees***)
    ***Did you think you would escape the mighty Jiliac?***

The people stired but said nothing.

***For your foolish attempt at escape you will not longer have the great privalage of serving the mighty Jiliac.***

***If you no longer want us, why don't you let us go?*** One of the beings dared to ask.

Jiliac the Hutt made a massive noise and swung his tail at the being who had spoke, knocking him flat.

***The mighty Jiliac paid good money for you. Do you think I will loose a profit. You have been here on Nal Hutta long enough to know better. I do not let my property just escape from me***

"And how do you feel about inocent citizens of the Republic?" Qui-Gon Jinn bellowed as he and Bant's master appeared in front of the grotesque being.

"Yes what are you doing in Republic space and why are you taking Republic ships."

Jilic's eyes widened. ***Jedi! What are you doing here jedi?***

"The question is what are you doing here Jiliac?" Bant's master asked again.

***As you see I am retreaving my property***

"These people are in republic space... they are no longer your 'property'" Qui-Gon informed the crimelord.

"Huh, Huh, Huh." The Hutt's laugh was unsettling. ***No jedi we are no longer in Republic space and you have no athority in Hutt space***

"Maybe not but you better have proof that noe of these people are citizens of the republic."

It woulds seem that the Hutt had the advantage, but Jiliac did not get to the top of the Desijijic clan by beeing foolish. He knew that the jedi could do a lot of damage even if eventually his taodies got them. He made a grand gesture.

***a few unfortunate citizens of the Republic may have mistakenly been added to them.***

"Mistakenly?"

***Do you say that I lie jedi?***

"Oh never." Bant's master tryed not to laugh. "We would never say the great Jasiliac lies."

"They must have wondered into your mines just as we did. And foolishly flown into your tractor beem, as we did." Qui-Gon sarcasim was not lost on the Hutt."

***What do you want jedi. I don't want the two of your ruining my ship.***

"You will free all of these people."

***All! Jedi some of these have been mine for a very long time. You can not ask me to give up what is mine! I will free the ones who belong to your Republic and no others!***

The jedi looked around. they were cirtainly out numbered. The only reason they hadn't been attacked was because the Hutt did not want his ship messed up.

"Release the ships you have taken that do not belong to you." Qui-Gon said. "Now, or we may have to damage your ship."

The Hutt was furious still he waited to take his vengence out on the jedi. ***Very well. You know who you are. Take your ships and go before the mighty Jasiliac changes his mind.***

The jedi didn't budge untill the ships were away.

"I warn you now if you do not remove those mines from republic space you will pay the concequences." Bant's master told the Hutt.

***Yes, it does not matter now that I hav emy property back.***

Qui-Gon was trying to think of ways to get the hapless slaves away from their heartles owner. "And you have proof that none of these people

10. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Ohhh love the Shimi mention. That is so cool.

11. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    I hope no one noticed I had the wrong Hutt clan... oops I just gave myself away. LOL

12. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Great post!!! Liked the reference to Shimi. Sounds like the Masters are in for a rough trip. Look forward to more!!!

13. JobiWan

JobiWan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 1999
    I was thinking that a lot of the fans would get together and make a film out of one of the novels. We could get together on a few locations and film. 1 could bring a camare, another could play Luke, another could play Han, ect, ect, ect. Then we could all take a part and add effects.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I would actually vote for one of the comic series to be adapted, such as Tales of the Jedi, Dark Lords of the Sith, etc.

Quest

15. JobiWan

Feb 4, 1999
    I could do some(note Some as in very little) of the lightsaber effects and space battles

16. JobiWan

Feb 4, 1999
    Yes that would work. First why don't we decide what novel or comic or whatever. You can post here what you want. Then I will take the top five and put them on a survey then you can choose which of those.

[This message has been edited by JobiWan (edited 05-24-2000).]

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    my vote as far as the novels go, i'd go with (as my favorites, not sure how well they would translate) would be either the Black Fleet Crisis, X-wing, or Tales...anthology books. As far as comics go, I would lean towards Dark Empire, Crimson Empire or any of the Tales of the Jedi series (including Dark lords and Sith War)

Quest

[This message has been edited by The2ndQuest (edited 05-24-2000).]

18. Short Round McFly

Short Round McFly Jedi Youngling star 6

Nov 13, 1999
    I'd make a badass Jacen!

19. JobiWan

Feb 4, 1999
    Well we do not have to make a novel, or comic. We could make just a huge fanfilm.

20. Nathan PTH

Nathan PTH Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    If, as Jobi suggests, you opt for a huge fan film, we can always use more people for Second Strike.

It's going to be the next huge fan film project out of Clear Concrete Productions (the Prelude to Hope guys and others), and right now we've got a 100+ page, highly ambitious script, plenty of crew and cast (through screen tests) roles to fill, and we're doing our best to not turn anyone away if there's something we feel they can do. It's gonna be a gigantic project, but the more the merrier.

--Nathan Butler
    Co-Writer, Prelude to Hope
    Writer, Second Strike

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd be interested in helping out, play a role if possible, in second strike...I'm out in NJ though so I'm not sure what I'd be able to do, I'll e-mail ya about it...

Quest
    "The Never Quest"

[This message has been edited by The2ndQuest (edited 05-24-2000).]

22. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Sometimes I hate living in Australia. I cant do much on computers, but if u need some real life stuff done, Im in. I can fight with swords n stuff, so just let me know if u need me

23. Jeris

Jeris Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2000
    I'm not good with computers but i'm a great actor, and i want to learn how to do CGI for a prodject idea i just came up with. Personally I'd like to see I, Jedi, or one of the Rouge Squadron books made into movies. btw i don't know what a 16year old can get as far as parts are concerned but i'll take ANYTHING

24. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    The three jedi on Mon Calimari made their way thrugh the city to the home of Healer Attan's friends. Her friends were a family of Quarrens, the Alniak's. Jise & Iln and their youngest children. A boy Jas & a girl Teln. They were a few years older than Bant and Obi-Wan.

When they arrived they were greeted warmly and fed to their heart's content. It was late so all decieded to turn in. Tomorrow the Alniaks would drive the jedi to the reef where they would be staying for a few weeks.

Attan knew that it would not be a easy night. All of the built up tension in both of the young padawans had to let loose now that they each had their own rooms to be alone and reflect. True to her feelings in a few hours she had two crying padawans on her hands. None of the others knew.

She wondered if she should just let each of them be till the next day. No she needed to talk to both of them. She went to Bant first.

"Bant, are you alright?"

"NO!" The girl sniffled. "I... I don't want to be a mother. I don't know anyone here. I'd just asume lay my eggs and swim away. I wont get to take care of them any how."

Attan knew it was the girl's fear and frustration talking. It was a sacary thing to be days away from having her first cluch. Attan had told Bant everythign she needed to know about what to expect physically. It was much harder to explain the emotions she'd be feeling.

"If you swim away," The healer tryed to get the girl's mind off of her fears. "How will Padawan Kenobi know who to scare off?"

Bant did laugh. "Am I horrible for fealing like this?"

"No your a typical young lady. Your also a jedi and you know you could never just abandon your hatchlings."

"I'm scared... scared that none of them will make it."

"They will."

"How can you be so sure."

"We are here aren't we?"

"I guess. I don't want to see the ones that don't make it. I don't want to see my hatchlings get... eaten."

Attan was not sure how to answer that statement. She knew it was the worst thing for a Mon Cal mother... to know that some of her children would not survive. It was harsh, but it had been the way of things for as far back as there were Mon Cals. The week did not survive the strong did.

"We all have to face that moment. It is not easy, and I will not pretend to tell you it is. Try to sleep now."

"I'll try."

Attan went from Bant's room to Obi-Wan's room. Obi-Wan, unlike Bant who let her tears out like a river, had tryed to conceal the fact that he was crying again. When Attan knocked on the door he wiped the tears off his face before telling her she could come in.

"Are you alright Obi-Wan?" Attan asked.

"I'm" Sniffle "Fine." Obi-Wan choked out.

Attan went over and sat next to Obi-Wan on his bed. She sighed. "It is alright for you to cry Obi-Wan. It's to be expected."

"I'm tired of feeling like such a creche baby." Obi-Wan confessed.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi crying does not make you a 'creche baby.'" Attan huffed. "You boys get such silly ideas in your head."
    (TBC)

25. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    How sweet! I like the way that Bant is feeling afraid and worried about her eggs. It makes her character that much more endearing. And it's true to character that Obi-Wan is trying to hide his tears so that Healer Attan doesn't see them. Now please tell us what Obi-Wan is crying about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.