main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lumiya - the official story!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LanceJade, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    As the saying goes...
    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Therefore, Shira Brie is the most important character in the EU. :)

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Importance isn't everything. Good story, now...

3. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    You keep reaching for that rainbow Genghis. Never let go of your dreams.

4. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    :D Anyways... At least this give all of us a good history and lesson on who / what Lumiya really is. I have found that I have a greater appreciation for her now than I did.

5. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    :)

Then TOS did what it was suppose to.

6. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >If she is so important, why has she never featured in any of the novels? (at least not the ones I've >read, ie. the main ones).

*sarcasm on* Yeah, and if this "Luke Skywalker" guy is so important, why has he never been featured in any of the novels? At least, not the one's I've read, you know, the new hardcovers, based on the new movies, which are the only ones that count, according to me. Well, I've only read one novel, (Rouge Deception, or Shadow Storm, or something,) and he wasn't in there at all. At least, not much. I didn't really read it, so much as skim. Y'know, I read the dust jacket, (most of it.) Anyway, he isn't important to the EU, so let's throw everything with him out. It's all junk. *sarcasm off* :p

TC

7. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

Only if you know, that the imitation exists.

And didn´t Zahn invent the concept of an Emperors hand? Of course i can be wrong on this, but if so, who is the one imitated?

And from the two dozen or so SW-Novels, the majority i have read are centered around Luke Skywalker and friends, five are centered around Thrawn, not to mention referances in JAT, Dark Empire, Corellian Trilogy, ...

Lumiya???
    Nagai-Invasion???

Well, its a vast galaxy and it was a vast empire.

8. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

And didn´t Zahn invent the concept of an Emperors hand? Of course i can be wrong on this, but if so, who is the one imitated?

In name only. Before her came the lovely Major Shira Elan Colla Brie- a young, beautiful Force sensitive green eyed redhead who was trained by the Emperor and inserted into the Rebellion to bring about the undoing of Luke Skywalker.

9. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
  10. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    :D LOL!

TalonCard,
    I think you've looked at a rather skewed minority of books with this prequel thing. Check out a wider range of novels to try looking for this supposed important Luke Skywalker character.

Try finding this Luke guy in Brian Daley's Han Solo Adventures trilogy for example. :D

11. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Try finding this Luke guy in Brian Daley's Han Solo Adventures trilogy for example

How about the title?

ANH was called "Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker." Daley continued the tradition with "Han Solo at Stars' End: From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker." Go figure.

12. Disco_Dark_Jeedai

Disco_Dark_Jeedai Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2001
    LOL.....I have read all the TOTJ series and guess what? No Luke!!!! You'd think that if he was that important of a Jedi he'd be in their tales....LOL

Does anyone have a good pic(s) of Lumiya? I feel like making a new custom.

13. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    You can find some good Lumiya pics here.

14. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Genghy,

Any chance that you could you change the font/font color/background color choice of your website? It's painful to read more than a few paragraphs.

15. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Hmmm... she looks an awful lot like Marvel's Lilandra Nermani for an original character... 8-}

16. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    ?[face_plain]

Check the hair, PAd,

They don't look anything alike. Shira has long red hair (lays flat).

Shi'ar are genetically similar to avians and therefore, Lilandra's got really big black feathers/hair sticking straight up.

17. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    Yes, I know. Know YOU look at her, they both have those chrome-like outfits and the triangle headset of Lum's costume seems like an upside down version of Lilandra's own hair style. Not only that, but the artist's style seems very simular to some of the artwork of the older X-men comics set around say... the arrival of Phoniex(Rachel). Perhaps it's the same artist or at the very least CONCEPTUAL artist.

18. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    [image=http://tatooine.fortunecity.com/asimov/44/pics/lilandra.gif] ?[face_plain]

19. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/snowboards/icons/shira.gif] (Shira's the one in front with the red hair, not the one in black armor or the blue symbol) :)

20. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    Val.. that picture is far too new to explicate the simularities I'm refering to and Geghis, I wasn't refering to Shira I was refering to LUMIYA! Maybe that's what caused the confusion. I'm not really sure how to post pics or links here so maybe if I figure that out I'll be able to show you guys what I mean.

21. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    [image=http://www.rpghost.com/bhyper/cantina/lum96f.jpg] Lumiya is the one who just... ummm... errr... had a mouthful of Luke's saber. No, that doesn't sound good... ummmm... tasted Luke's saber... hmmm... ummmm... Lumiya is the one who was nearly decapitated.

22. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    Again, your showing ALL the wrong pictures! :)

A few pages earlier in that comic and we would have seen her decked out with her extremely Lilandraish headset, cape and un-sabered chrome outfit(the shiny stuff on top of the cybernetics)

So how do I post a pic or link?

23. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    It's "{image=http://link.link.link}" and substitute "[" for the "{" when you do it.

24. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Alright, here's a head-shot of Lumiya. That's got to be the right one ?[face_plain]

[image=http://www.rpghost.com/bhyper/cantina/lum96g.jpg] :)

25. ParanoidAni-droid

Nov 27, 2001
    Nope, wrong again.

Okay you know Kier's icon? The one that looks sorta ninjaish..that's it!! That's what I mean! That chick... is her name not Lady Lumiya?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.