main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lumiya the second coming

Discussion in 'Literature' started by THRAWN007, Sep 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THRAWN007

THRAWN007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 3, 2002
    I can't wait to see Lumiya return in LOTF! She was one of the best parts of the Old Marvel Comic series. When she returns in Legacy will she have a new Sith Empire? We'll she start a new Sith War? A New Clone War even? Will she have a huge fleet of hundreds or thousands of ships? Will she lure Jacen or Ben Skywalker to the dark side and become the next Darth?

Of course Legacy will feature planetary interests that threaten the relative peace in the galaxy. But with Lumiya all hell will break loose since the Clone Wars,the Galactic Civil War and the Yuuzhan Vong invasion.

Dark Horse should do a comic series leading up to her return in Leagcy dealling with what she has been up to since the end of the Marvel series.

ArindaRise likes this.
  2. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    I've never read the Marvel series, but from what I hear, her character sounds really cool- it'd be pretty cool if she and Jacen teamed up and wreaked havoc on the galaxy (probably won't happen, I know, but a girl can dream).

3. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    What do you mean lure Jacen over to the darkside :p I never read the marvel strips. I never ever saw them in Australia. Maybe I was two young or maybe I was reading the wrong medium but i'm really interested in Lumiya. She sounds like she could make a half decent villian if Legacy lives up to all expectations. I'm really looking forward to it.

4. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005

Maybe we're too young for the era of Marvel comics...unlike these old timers :p

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Isn't she just a pale Mara Jade fascimile?

:eek:

//runs away as fast as he can from angry mob

E_S

6. quad_gun_jinn

Dec 13, 2002
    Maybe we're too young for the era of Marvel comics...unlike these old timers

Yeah probably

[face_worried] Do you have any idea of what you've just done! ;)

7. Cynical

Cynical Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 5, 2004
    Actually its the other way around

//tries to keep up with Sai

ArindaRise likes this.
  8. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    *Runs after Ender_Sai and Cynical....just for the fun of it*

9. quad_gun_jinn

Dec 13, 2002
    <Crickets & Cicada's>

... OK. Well anyway, now thats out of the system. I think Lumiya will have to have a fleet. Without that I don't see how she could be a threat to the entire Galaxy. Unless she's not the real threat. [face_thinking] hmmm. Could there be another threat other than Lumiya. Could she be on the side of the hero's. The enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of thing.

10. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    Maybe she'll find some Dreadnaughts just hanging around in space like the Katana fleet...or maybe she'll just team up with the Vong, a resurrected Thrawn, the Ssi-Ruuk, the Dark Nest, the Nightsisters, and Asajj Ventress...and let loose two Death Stars, a Sun Crusher and an Eye of Palpatine to boot :)

11. Cynical

Oct 5, 2004
    Maybe she'll just find some crooked planetery defense admiral somewhere that she can bend around her littlefinger.

12. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    So Lumiya's been officialy confirmed as the new villian?

13. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Is her status considered a spoiler, by the forum?

14. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Unless you go by a saying I created a while back..."The enemy of my enemy is not necessarily my friend."

I'd say that if there was anyone who had at one point been an enemy of the heroes who will likely be a new ally in the Legacy novels, it'll be Boba Fett.

15. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I never knew she was confirmed.

16. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    She's confirmed to be in it. Whether she'll be a villian or not has not been commented upon. But we do know that Boba Fett and his (Fenn Shysa's, really) Mandalorians will be back, and given Fett's actions in the Yuuzhan Vong war, I think the Mandalorians may actually truly be on the good guys' side for once...

- Keralys

17. Cynical

Oct 5, 2004
    Karen Traviss' rantings seems to have indicated that it is possible to have more than two "sides" in a story...

18. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    "She's confirmed to be in it."

So certain are you? Confirmed by whom?

19. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    The guys (and girl!) writing the thing, C3.

20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  21. fryda_swaid

fryda_swaid Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    However, given what Fett told Han in The Unifying Force, He could very easily join Lumiya against Luke and the Jedi.

22. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Boba's men might go in a different direction with that, but considering Lumiya once held custody of weaponized anti-Vong tree-spooge, I can see the Mandos either supplicating her for a time or pulling an outright smash-'n-grab on whatever else she's got, so as to maintain a safety margin against the Vong remnants.

23. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Vong remnants?

Or maybe they're hoping to pull a lucrative contract from the Bothans...

24. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    I can also imagine the Mandalorians recruiting Yuuzhan Vong warriors with the Yuuthan Vong opening up to technology and the Mandalorians using Yuuzhan Vong bio-tech.

Imagine Boba & co with blast-bugs

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>given what Fett told Han in The Unifying Force, He could very easily join Lumiya against Luke and the Jedi.<<

Correct me if my Marvel knowledge is wrong here, but wasn't Lumiya working with either the Nagai or the Toff invasion fleet, and that fleet had attacked Mandalore?

If so I don't see Boba siding with her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.