main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Luphra???????

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jamminjedi23, Jun 14, 2017.

1. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah and to be honest I think the main reason they made Sana and Aphra a couple in the first place was to make it clear that Sana never was with Han and it all was just a game she was playing when she claimed at first the two of them were in an actual relationship/married.

No better way to make it clear she was lying about Han when a girl is able to get her all hot and fussy.

2. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    We know the marriage is fake because Han and Sana explained it, no matter if Sana had a girlfriend or not (bisexual people exist).

3. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Why would Han Solo never have any previous serious girlfriends or girlfriends? Are we supposed to believe that?

4. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Charlemagne19

Are we talking about Old Legend EU or New Disney EU?

In the old EU he had Bria Tharen as girlfriend, but Disney? Emilia Clarke's character.

edit of course I'm hoping Emilia Clarke would portray Bria.

And I'm disappointed in Han after reading AC Crispin's trilogy. NO woman was supposed to get to him again, but he fell in love after looking at a photograph?! Shame. Han/Bria = OTP. Just like Luke/Chelli Lona. Gosh, I hope no one ships Luke/Aphra senior.....

5. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016

I think the point was if he had a wife. ANH canon novel said he had some girlfriends but he commented to Chewie:

“Laugh it up, buddy.” Seeing Chewie’s look, Han added, “Hey, you’re the married one. Find me a human girl with Malla’s brains and silky hair and maybe I’ll consider it.”

6. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002

My nominee for worst thread ever.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

comradepitrovsky and DARTH_MU like this.
  7. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    #MakeTheLuphraThreadGreatAgain

Stymi, vncredleader and DARTH_MU like this.
  8. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Stymi

That was hilarious.

He was speaking another language, and I'm pretty sure it was Asian..... ZOMFG! You made my day.

Stymi likes this.
  9. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    More like make the TFN lit. boards great again by never having shipping threads. #mttlbgabnhst

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

10. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    If done properly, it can be pretty funny to ship two characters.

Except Reylo. That one is always bad no matter how it is done.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

11. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Have at it then. But it is basically the lowest form of discussion board debate, nay... meaningful discourse of any kind.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

12. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Yeah this thread would have been fine if I had never brought Rey into the equation. People are so uptight about Rey's parentage that there is a thread two thousand pages long about it in the movie section.

vncredleader likes this.
  13. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Even this masterpiece? :p
    [​IMG]

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  14. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Lol. You think being called a racist was bad you just wait to hear the names you'll get called when people see that image. But nevertheless let me quote the photo as well just so those guys will be gnashing their teeth together twice as hard.

vncredleader likes this.
  15. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh god don't you even start down that road. If this thread becomes a reylo fight I am torching the whole thing.

Begun the ship war has

DARTH_MU likes this.
  16. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Reylo is without a doubt my least favorite "ship" of all time. It's a terrible, terrible idea and its fans are usually really aggressive and unreasonable (and this is from someone who really dislikes the rabid Olicity shippers in the Arrow fandom and used to think they were the worst–but no, Reylo shippers are rabid, man).

Edit: And I should add that even though this image is nicely drawn, her lightsaber hilt is totally wrong. :p

17. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Let me guess, you don't like H/Hr either....

18. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

"H/Hr"?

19. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Harry/Hermione

20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013

Honestly, never watched/read Harry Potter so I don't care either way. I know enough to know that those two aren't canonically a couple, though, so it would be pointless to ship them.

21. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    so it would be pointless to ship non canonical couples?
    What would people do once Reylo become canon?

FYI, I ship H/Hr mainly because I was ambivalent about who harry ends up with until some people vehemently attacked H/Hr shippers and called them "militant" and "delusional". Part of the attraction for me. What can I say? Don't make me ship Reylo.

#luphraforlife

22. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah...because they'll never actually become a couple. So why bother? In this case (Luphra) it's (somewhat) more acceptable because neither of them has a canonical love interest/spouse at this point. If they did, there would be no point in shipping them. But if, say, we knew Luke would end up marrying someone who became Rey's mother (who wasn't Aphra...obviously), why should anyone ship them together, knowing it's not going to happen? Seems fruitless, to me.

To use my Arrow example from earlier, I was a much bigger fan of Oliver/Laurel as a pairing than Oliver/Felicity. I never "shipped" them per se, but I hoped they'd end up together. But since that can't happen now (for spoiler reasons), I don't continue that hope. Why would I? It would be in vain.

Well, I hope it doesn't become canon, but presuming it does, people would either have to accept it or move on, I suppose. There would be a great, great many people unhappy with a Reylo pairing, I think. But if it became canon, there's nothing they could do to change the fact that they're a canon couple. They could just voice their displeasure (and unless it were handled very well, I'd likely be one of them), but it wouldn't change anything.

And to continue my above example, since Oliver/Felicity seems to be canon in Arrow, or likely will be going forward, there's nothing I can do about that; I can voice my displeasure about it (I don't particularly dislike that pairing, though; I just think they're badly written sometimes), but I can't change it. So why continue to grumble about it after the initial reaction? Was putting Oliver/Felicity together a mistake? In my opinion, yes, but I can't change what happened. Same with Reylo, if it happened. But I'd rather not talk about that, anyway; the idea of Reylo really is very uncomfortable.

vncredleader likes this.
  23. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh god just hearing Olicity get brought up brings back terrible memories. The amount of anger and fighting I have been through because of that subset of fans is insane.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. Darth_Voider

May 4, 2015
    You are cruel.

vncredleader likes this.
  25. ekrolo2

ekrolo2 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    I can put an end to the shipping wars right now: all the sides are just as bad as each other, accept that and you'll have a more pleasant online experience.

Revanfan1 and DARTH_MU like this.