main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Luphra???????

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jamminjedi23, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    It's not straight if it's with Luke.

:p

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    BigAl6ft6 and Outsourced like this.
  2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    That's still up for debate.:cool:

Outsourced likes this.
  3. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    I stand by what I said earlier. Marvel should make her bi, or have her realize she's bi when she is all of a sudden-attracted to Luke. Then they should have relations since I think poor Luke doesn't have a chance to get any action from the end of ROTS to the end of TLJ timeframe.

4. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I don't know if that was meant to be ROTJ, but he did get some action from ROTS-TLJ..........it was just that said action was his sister. [face_sick]

5. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    The fact that he has had an older 'non related' woman dress him in a seductive way during that time period bears mentioning as well.

[​IMG]

That's like hitting the ball to the warning track but the outfielder just makes a great catch.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    vncredleader likes this.
  6. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    Aphra is going to make Luke extremely jealous when he learns what happened in Doctor Aphra 16....

7. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Canon sinks ships.

Gamiel likes this.
  8. Black Star Gunner

Black Star Gunner Jedi Master star 2

Oct 18, 2014
    Now make Chelli Luke's long lost half-sister, and you've got the recipe for a full blown romance! Cuz we all know Luke likes to 'keep it in the family'. But hey, no one's perfect...

9. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    While I am certainly glad that kiss happened, tbf issue 19s solicitations says that Tolovan and the Empire are trying to go after Aphra at the same time Hera is I am gonna assume that regardless of her feelings, Aphra is gonna stab her in the back begrudgingly. Which I really like honestly. As cool as having Aphra become more heroic is, it is still interesting to be reminded that at the end of the day she is loyal to herself before anything else. Tolovan and Luke/Hera are all coming into Aphra's life and shaking things up due to their ideals and sense of duty to something bigger than themselves. Aphra is caught in the middle of these idealists and as much as she partly wants to be better, she cannot just ignore her instinct for survival.

Sorry for hijacking this thread with my thesis on Aphra, but more and more I am loving this character. And to think I was at first against letting her live

Endor_boy and Gamiel like this.
  10. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    Lol. Indeed. Definitely Tolphra for now. I'm not convinced as of now though that Tolvan is going to be a longterm character. I kind of have a feeling that she may even die by the end of this arc.

11. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    I think it's pretty clear that Aphra, at this point, is gay as opposed to bi. I'm not ruling out the possibility that she could be attracted to guys, but the only people we've seen her have any attraction to are Sana, Sister Six, and Tolphra.

12. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah as of right now I think you are right.

Also I read that as "sinister six" and was very confused :oops:

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    She could also you know be into both.

14. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    The fact they showed she kissing other woman already is fantastic (I was tired of "it's implicit this character is gay but we'll not talk about it again lol"). Although I prefer Sana/Aphra :p

PS: I will wait a confirmation by the writers if Aphra is bi or gay. It's probable she is lesbian but who knows

15. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Being bi would make her an even more interesting character.

16. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Star-crossed lovers Sir + Joystick Chevron 4 lyfe.

I wonder if we'll ever learn in detail what actions of Aphra destroyed her relationship with Sana. Sana's animosity toward Aphra, and non-romantic friction with Leia, were pretty much all that engaged my interest throughout the Rebel Jail arc, upon rereading it.

Jedha John likes this.
  17. Jedha John

Jedha John Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 19, 2017
    Agreed...the Sana & Aphra history and the last bit of dialogue between Leia & Aphra were the most interesting parts of that arc. I wasn't a fan of how Aphra was drawn in Rebel Jail...too severe and angular. Her depiction lost her devilish and playful charm and made her less likeable. Definitely would be great to learn more about Sana and Aphra's history...hopefully that story is on its way some time in the future.

Jedi Jessy and vncredleader like this.
  18. Endor_boy

Endor_boy Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 24, 2013
    Right now we have just as much evidence that Luke and Han are bi as Aphra.

Outsourced and vncredleader like this.
  19. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Agreed. I don't know why everyone is so intent on Aphra being bi as opposed to gay. She's only every shown interest in other girls, just like Han and Luke have only ever shown interest in girls.

Daneira, Endor_boy and vncredleader like this.
  20. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Counting on it. #LedgeFTW

So hyped for this issue
    [​IMG]

Endor_boy and Darth_Duck like this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I have actually never heard Luke and Wedge shipped together.

22. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I honestly did not either. However as the new eu has progressed and the chance of a Bi Luke has become more of a possibility I have found myself learning towards that route. Not that it's really something I ship in particular. More joking in terms of those two, but I really do want Luke to be Bi at the very least.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Endor_boy likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    any hints to him being Bi?

24. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Nothing in particular, but given that this is a new canon and they have shown they are willing to take risks with Luke, it would be a very easy way to take him in a different direction that legends Luke. Then again as long as we don't do the "Luke love interest of the week who dies tragically" thing, I am good

Endor_boy likes this.