Official Info Lupita Nyong'o in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Palpatine2016 Force Ghost

star 3
    What if Obi-Wan plays Ewan McGregor's offspring???]-}
  2. starocean90 Chosen One

star 5
    We Kenobis all look alike.;)
    Revanfan1 and Palpatine2016 like this.
  3. IG_2000 Force Ghost

star 4
    I still say she's the daughter of Ventress and Obi Wan.

I'd say they knew about the plans for this character as far back as the Maul arc from TCW.
  4. T-R- Chosen One

star 4
    Maybe the female villain is Palpatine's Sith Witch wife or daughter [face_thinking]
    Dra--- likes this.
  5. bobbyroberts Force Ghost

star 3
    We talked about this on the most recent Full of Sith, but my thinking was if we're going to play around with the speculation a bit: why automatically default to Lupita possibly being a darkside user? Especially since she's been tied to the series as a potential Kenobi since we first heard her name?

But Gwendoline Christie as Adam Driver's muscle? THAT would be fun as hell to watch.

I think Lupita's going to be a good guy, if not the third of the main trio in the sequel trilogy.
    TK327 and Satipo like this.
  6. Frank_TJ_Mackey Chosen One

star 4
    I also think that John, Lupita and Daisy are the young trio of leads of the ST.

Isaac might be a Solo and Gleeson a Skywalker, but I don't think they will be the "leads" of the ST.
  7. Momotaros Force Ghost

star 4
  8. Redimet Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    wasn't driver in the marines though? I think he is going to be the muscle I could be wrong though.
  9. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    As a 6'1" female, I'm not sure if I should take offense to this or not. Why do we tall girls always have to be evil or aliens? Tall girls play nice, too. :( ;)
    Immortiss likes this.
  10. CairnsTony Force Ghost

star 4
    True, but Gwendoline is 190cm, and despite her acting skills, I'm pretty sure her height signifies something...;)

I've got Luipita pegged as a goodie too, based on nothing but a hunch. Gwendoline could be either/or methinks.:p
    Last edited by CairnsTony, Jun 15, 2014
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    For all we know, they could be planning to use trick (Hobbit) camera angles and she will be the shortest person in the film.
  12. Satipo Chosen One

star 4
    Yeah, I think Christie is going to be a bad ass, imposing Imperial/ Sith of some kind or another.
    Immortiss, Artoo-Dion and Dra--- like this.
  13. Lord Tuvitor Force Ghost

star 4
    TCW retconned Asajj Ventress as Dathomiri, when originally she was Rattataki. This might play a role.

Scenario: Perhaps Ventress (Lupito) and Talzin (Christie) have conspired, Rule of Two style, to attain the secrets of the Sith.
    Last edited by Lord Tuvitor, Jun 15, 2014
  14. TheBBP Chosen One

star 5

100% more plausible than main EU characters showing up in the film.
    Palpatine2016 likes this.
  15. DARTH_MUPPET Force Ghost

star 3
    Some will no doubt disagree, but I've got a feeling that Lupita will be playing a small but very important role as John Boyega's character's older sister. Perhaps she is killed or captured and her death/capture is the event that sets his story arc in motion.
    Darth Archimage likes this.
  16. TtheForceHurts Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, Ventress and Talzin are in the spotlight on the official site today. There are even the concept artworks from EPII where the character was originally conceived. Maybe this is a hint...
  17. Satipo Chosen One

star 4
    What if Lupita is playing some kind of Sith/ Villain, and misinformed conjecture along the line is what's led to the Ventress rumour?
    Immortiss and Artoo-Dion like this.
  18. Summers1913 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  19. jedijax Force Ghost

star 4
    While this sounds interesting (an extension of the Inquisitor character), ANOTHER cast member! They pretty much lost me with the mention of David Oyelowo. I've heard he's great, but the cast is already overfull and I highly doubt there's another somewhat high profile person. What does that make-14 main cast members?
  20. TtheForceHurts Force Ghost

star 4
    Jobertus and Artoo-Dion like this.
  21. Summers1913 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I thought about that as well. And wondered would a dark side Jedi have the yellow eyes? Interesting either way. I hope she is a villain though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jobertus likes this.
  22. Adi_Gallia_9 Chosen One

star 5
    I love these rumors of her playing a Dark Side villain. She's so beautiful and would be so striking in a black/chrome costume with a red lightsaber and yellow eyes.
  23. Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Master

star 1

Sexy and dangerous never goes out of style.
  24. Summers1913 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    For some reason imagining her in black and chrome armor reminds me of Faora in Man of Steel. Which would be a good thing IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Luukeskywalker likes this.
  25. thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yeah if I recall be did enjoy Faora.