main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lupita Nyong'o (Maz Kanata) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victorian Time Traveler

Victorian Time Traveler Jedi Master star 3

Nov 20, 2012
    Awesome casting choice. But I sincerely hope she isn't playing Ventress (though I agree she does have the "look"), or any sort of villain for that matter.

2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    What if she's Boyega's sister, and they're the Jaina/Jacen of the trilogy? With Daisy being the sole Solo child.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    First, I want to say that I'm really excited to see her officially involved.

As to who I think she will play? I'm going to be boring and go along with the crowd that is saying that she will probably be filling the rumored female Sith/villain role.

4. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Do you mean....
    Boyega - athletic 20 something orphan, possible Jedi
    Isaac - Han Solo type intergalactic scoundrel

5. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013

6. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    The Ventress storyline hasn't had a conclusion, what if she was carbon fozen by Palpatine because she was to dangerous to have around but also to powerful to simply discard?

7. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Why would Ventress have to be carbon frozen? Maybe her species is long-lived. Question would be what she was doing for 50+ years. But that could be the stuff of a tie-in novel. Why not?

8. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I love Ventress but am not in love with the idea of Lupita playing her. I'd be cool with Lupita being a villain, but we need new characters. And especially with Han, Luke and Leia returning, it would be good to have her play someone entirely new. This should be a new direction for Star Wars, not just a retread of events and characters from the past.

9. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    ^
    This.

10. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Agreed. And to be fair, I totally understand fans falling into the trap of connecting the dots between what they already know and what's to come. Our creative minds don't work the same way as Lucas', Kasdan's, or Abrams'. That's why we're here on the fan forum while they're in London making the thing. I trust them to create something new and exciting and make us look back mockingly on this Star Wars Brady Bunch fan fiction we've created in speculation.

11. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Wont ventress be pretty old by Ep.7? if she even lives. Doesn't add up with lupita

DarthIshyZ, Lurknomore and Paparazzo like this.
  12. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Back when the rumor first circulated, we had some folks on here saying she could have frozen herself in carbonite with a pre-selected time at which to be unfrozen.:rolleyes:

SerRoel, markdeez and Django Fett like this.
  13. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Maybe she's the queen of the sith.

14. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013
    It seems that the rumor of her being in VII was true. I just hope that the other part of the Rumor (her playing Ventress) is not true...

15. Gala

Gala Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    MY HEAD JUST EXPLODED!!!!! :D

16. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    She's been all over magazine covers due to talent and beauty. She's become somewhat of an "it" girl already. This is great for the movie in terms of talent and great in terms of press as well (from a business standpoint). Glad to hear they got her.

As for a role, I was thinking of a princess type on a world that the Jedi are trying to help. She and Boyega start to fall in love. However, there was already a "thing" between he and Ridley. a love/flirt triangle of sorts. However, Nyong'o is actually luring Boyega in as she is in cohoots with the Sith/enemy and hope to snag Boyega to the dark side.

17. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    May be she'll lure Driver to the dark side, makes sense with the Driver/Jacen Solo-esque character rumour.

18. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    So happy for her! I hope that the powers that be won't make it as predictable as having her related to Boyega/from the same planet.

I also hope that they don't fit boob windows into her every outfit.

19. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013
    This is great casting news. Glad that it was officially announced finally. Even after the first official cast announcement I knew she wasn't out of the picture. I would expect her to play some kind of iconic baddie, just like all the other Disney evil queens and stuff... She will probably mirror Maleficent as far as looks. Especially if that was her in one of those leaked photos, with the black head dress on...

[​IMG]

If that is her, I bet that's one of her "travelling" costumes like Queen Amidala had... Still looks evil but she saves the real costume for home so she doesn't get sand in it... :)

20. Gala

Gala Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    I need more infoooo. But sooo excited!!! :D

[​IMG]

21. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    Hip hip...
    [​IMG]
    HURRAY!!!!

I was convinced that Lupita had been secretly cast for one of the later episodes or spin-off films, but I'm thrilled to hear she's in Episode VII. Better sooner than later!

What an amazing talent. This casting is beyond anything I could have hoped for.

No, no. That's not Lupita in that photo.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I know people have speculated some potential ideas for who she may be related to based on her appearance, but I'm surprised that nobody has surmised the obvious: She could be Chewbacca's daughter. Seriously, she has hair, 2 eyes, a mouth and 4 limbs and he has hair, 2 eyes, a mouth and 4 limbs. The resemblance is uncanny.

23. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Nah she's R2 and C3PO's daughter.

24. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    She doesn't need to be Ventress to be a Nightsister. [face_devil]

I'd love to see some Nightsisters in the ST, but of course Lupita might just as well play a Chancellor, a bounty hunter, or a Jedi.

The rumor mill has said contradictory things about who she would play, a Sith or Kenobi's relative.

25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Wasn't it stated somewhere at some point that while EU characters wouldn't be used, they could be influenced by EU characters?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.