main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lupita Nyong'o (Maz Kanata) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Lattanzi

Alex Lattanzi Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2014
    Fair pt. I hope Lupita's great in this, n I bet she will b. Sounds like she's talented enough.

2. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I'm not against the idea of using politics in Star Wars, but it was so boring in the PT. And confusing because a lot of things aren't explained or don't make any sense. Why would the Trade Federation want to blockade trade on Naboo? Wouldn't that work against their own interests? Why does Chancellor Valorum send two Jedi Knights to handle the Naboo crisis and then not use their testimony to confirm the invasion then and there during the senate meeting? How is it possible for Jar Jar to just replace Padme's spot in office during her assassination attempt? He even has the power to act on her behalf without consulting her. That doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't this be the perfect time for a decoy?

Why would the Senate approve of an army created under highly suspicious circumstances and that appears during a convenient time? Why would they believe Palpatine's absurd lie that the Jedi wanted to take over the Republic after Grievous was killed and the war over or wrapping up, which warranted killing everyone, including children, without any evidence or trials whatsoever? Was no one suspicious of him getting more and more power, including turning the Republic into the Empire?

3. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    The politics barely features and is explained to the extent that is required. I don't see how it is confusing - none of it particularly complex.

Naboo won't agree to the tax on trade. The Federation is hoping to bully the Queen by blocking all trade to the planet - paying the tax will be better that a continued stranglehold.

That is their cover , of course. and the whole dispute is engineered for the invasion.

The Jedi were sent in response to the blockade, not the invasion. I don't believe the invasion itself was in question, rather the legality of the occupation and the "alleged" violence and mistreatment of the Naboo.

Clearly, whatever the Jedi would have testified to was not needed with the presence of the Queen or would be questioned at the "committee".

Jr Jar is a legitimate representative of Naboo and Padme, in her absence. A Padme decoy is not, therefore her vote would be illegal.

Desperate times call for call desperate measures. A Jedi Master had organised their creation and the Clones were clearly dedicate and loyal to the Jedi and the Republic. Any further investigation was impossible without finding Syfo-Dias or the being known as Tyrannus.

That was Palpatine's plan.

Yes, they were suspicious (and many knew it to be lies and murder) and that is where the Rebellion was born.

Propaganda and shenanigans took care of the rest.

my kind of scum likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  5. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    The problem there is that she's working with Serkis on the Jungle Book movie which no doubt involved motion capture. So things might be conflated. We'll see.

6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I agree with Hook.

7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    First she's Ventress, then she's a witch , then a politician and now a mo-cap person. *angry sigh* [face_frustrated]

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  8. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I think your best bet is still the politician right now.

9. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    I'm just waiting for the "she's Ahsoka Tano" rumor next.

10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    SHHHHHH! Don't give scoopers that idea [face_shhh]

Ridley Solo likes this.
  11. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    [​IMG]

12. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    This is no offense to mo-cap actors, because as Andy Serkis has taught us, it's as much a performance as traditional acting, but you don't hire Lupita Nyong'o--impossibly beautiful and coming off of an Academy Award--and have her mo-capping some alien.

13. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    SOME ALIEN? I'll have you know sir that aliens are people to. Except for gungans. They can all go sith themselves!

Darth_Corvus likes this.
  14. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't mind seeing gungans (especially Jar Jar) in LEGO Star Wars. Somehow they fit in well there. But live-action, "this %$#& is canon" Star Wars? Well.... :(

15. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    It's actually the other way around.

The Federation is protesting Republic taxation of trade routes by blockading Naboo.

I know it makes no sense based on the context given in the movie. But that's the official explanation in all sources.

16. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Not that I believe this rumor, but I think Mo Cap would be an under utilization of her talent.

17. City Councilman Binks

City Councilman Binks Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2014
    By blocking a republic planet, the federation is simply flexing it's muscles. Also, the real reason behind it all was that Palpatine was using everyone involved to catapult himself to power. The shroud of the Dark Side was begining to fall.

Anyhoo, oh look, a Lupita thread....

[​IMG]

18. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
  19. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014

Maybe...it could be enhancements to her existing face like this alien nurse from Star Trek '09

[​IMG]

20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Darth_Corvus likes this.
  21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    and both Making and manabyte dismissed that cantina scene.;)

22. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Yeah I was going to say pretty much anything that comes from starwars7 or underground is either laughable or pathetically copied from other more reliable sources (usually MakingSW). Since this was not copied, it goes in the laughable column and stays there.

23. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    As pretty as she is, it would be a shame to cover her up with CGI.

Yanksfan likes this.
  24. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Has there been no word or rumour whatsoever on what role she is playing in ep 7?

25. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    There are always rumors and speculation. The real question is if any of them are credible.

TheBBP likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.