main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lupita Nyong'o (Maz Kanata) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    You mean sound? I make it sound like I have no clue what she's going to look like, outside of being orange, which could still be incorrect. After all, she was at one point rumored to be blue & a puppet (if I remember that correctly).

DarthSyverus likes this.
  2. Darth Bane The Chosen One

Darth Bane The Chosen One Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2014
    Royale, I immediately thought of Ahsoka from TCW. New alien species or not, could be a good tie in... And for those of us interested in that story line, it would be great to find out what happened to her after she got punked out of the Jedi Order.

Boba Geek and Darth PJ like this.
  3. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    No and no. I want new characters.

TheBBP and EviL_eLF like this.
  4. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    Easy there, Veruca Salt.:p

Boba Geek likes this.
  5. snackynak

snackynak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    If Lupita is supposed to playing an elderly Ashoka, I don't see her being mo-capped. Given the direction that I think JJ is going with the film, a Togruta would be more of a make-up and head piece kind of character. That is, unless they plan on using the rigged mesh with the giant eyes and head from the CW series:p.
    Still though, her being a elderly orange character, her being a blue character, her playing a mo-capped character, still all rumor at this point. Any of it can be true, or none of it.

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Gotta admit. Ashoka Tano would fit the elder female with orange skin in TFA. If she were 15-20 in TCW, she'd be around 70's in TFA.

Just sayin'! Why have Lupita be an orange-skinned elder lady?

7. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    An elderly Ahsoka would be awesome, since Ahsoka was a person with an actual story, and not just a pet sidekick. And motion capture is better than just voicing a puppet. Although didn't they say there was a puppet stage in Rose's room?

*everything crossed*

8. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

And a noseless new alien species

9. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Here come Ahsoka...

10. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I highly doubt its Ahsoka. Until I see an actual movie still then I'm taking it all with a grain of salt

EviL_eLF and mes520 like this.
  11. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    The alien is mostly blue but apparently those one offs with the orange skin is what they picked. Pretty cool, actually.

This alien has a long neck like E.T. It couldn't be further from Ahsoka.

12. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    is the alien short or normal sized?

13. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    Usually the alien is very short. In a few, she's normal sized. But 90% of the images show her as tiny, waist high.

14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    does that mean that the elderly and the young blue alien are one and the same,or are they 2 different characters???

15. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    Yeah, good question. In all the concepts, she goes on the adventures with the heroes. But its always a boy and a girl, the alien, and BB-8. It seems weird the really old person would be there for all of that adventuring. The two depicted are surely Rey and Finn. So it really means that Poe isn't doing very much in the movie. Well, we know he does a lot and I know he filmed a lot too. So I think there's some huge changes in the final script, structurally.

Rose's room is depicted as being apart of the rebel base. That part has never made much sense to me. But knowing they have a freezer there has made me wonder if she ends up being a cook for the rebellion or something? Or is it weirder? Is her kitchen/market/eatery a secret entrance to the Rebel Base? Sounds unlikely looking at Greenham Common. But I do think "Exotic City" and Greenham Common's rebel base reside on the same planet.

16. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Wouldn't the assumption be that Poe is off with Han and Chewie in that case?

17. MakingStarWars

Oct 20, 2008
    Yeah, except someone is flying the Falcon and picking them up from the snow fight, the castle battle, and takes them to "Exotic City."

I think you're right, but it still is a bit confusing on that front.

Immortiss, Han Drolo and Satipo like this.
  18. Acroyear

Acroyear Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    Having an elderly alien tagging along during the adventures sounds like it could be cumbersome to the story. Doesn't sound like the ideal sidekick for the new saga. But time will tell.

19. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Kind of like the elderly gentleman that was along on the adventure in ANH?

[​IMG]

I hear it's pretty cumbersome to have a crazy old wizard to tag along... doesn't sound like the ideal sidekick for the original saga. ;)

20. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    It is interesting because if the character is older it focuses attention on the question of why she's there. Obi-Wan was taking R2-D2 (and Luke) to Alderaan because of the message from Leia. But he even said he was getting too old for that sort of thing. :)

Does the older alien know where Luke is? Or how to find him? Or does she have special Force knowledge? There must be some reason they don't leave her behind after they meet her.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  21. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    This... :confused:

Bail B. Baobab and KSennia like this.
  22. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

Appropriate for what? YOUR version of the movie?

Boba Geek and Satipo like this.
  23. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    he did say "in my opinion", so I don't get why your making a big deal out of nothing.:)

24. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012

LOL, I can read. Thanks for having my back though. I want to know what he is basing that opinion on.

DarthSyverus likes this.
  25. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Lupita will be in a jedi role.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.