main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lupita Nyong'o (Maz Kanata) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    I doubt she's the 3rd member of the new trio of leads. Bless Disney and JJ Abrams for the diversity, but you know there is a strong desire for a young white male to be a lead because they are in a business of money and they are afraid. Unfortunately, even in 2014 I can't see Disney okaying a black male, a white female, and a black female being our new SW trio. Sad, but I believe true.

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Why dio you think she's one of the new trio?

3. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    why not ? It's a SW forum.....we can speculate ;)

4. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Or maybe there needs to be a Skywalker as part of the trio, you know because the episodic core movies are about that family, and its a little hard for obvious reasons to make Lupita a Skywalker.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

5. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013
    Yeah sorry guys, y'all are right. There is absolutely no resemblance to either of these characters...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And again, there must be no coincidence that Disney announced both of them on the same day these images leaked...

----

I mean I could be wrong, of course, but can't y'all admit that it's still pretty close if not actually them?

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I've never seen anything with Lupita other than the few clips I saw on Youtube from 12 Years.. and a couple of interviews. There's one thing for sure-they will be taking FULL advantage of her acting abilities because they are stellar from what I saw. And, not to sound chauvinist, they need to take full advantage of her stunning beauty without objectifying her. It's the kind of beauty that is seducing but also comes with power.

I'd say she could be influenced by the Ventress character without necessarily being her. She could even be a protagonist who is influenced by Ventress as well.

Lurknomore likes this.
  7. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Dec 6, 2000
    Those are your rules........anyway......there's no right or wrong answers as of today......I found the article below very interesting.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...gWaq6hRpB1xKR118eBc0RQDV8oXEN_Fl_AFa9eDUTAgAA

8. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Im convinced!

9. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Yeah it does look close actually.

10. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005

Don't want to get into that discussion here since this is the Lupita thread, but yeah. The 2 people previously rumored to be the 3rd member of the new 3 (Isaac, Gleeson) are white males. On the flip side, I don't think Disney has any issue with putting a Skywalker/Solo descendent in an interracial relationship.

I think Lupita will be a villain and I'm not so sure she'll survive this film, but then again, those are just my guesses. We didn't hear that THE third member of the trio was yet to be cast in those Hollywood Reporter leaks after the casting announcement, we heard "substantial role". And I think that's just what Lupita has.

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I think that she's either a Sith or a Kenobi relative (if THR rumor is right) and in either case is most likely not part of the new trio and if she got the Maisie role

One of the roles yet to be filled is that of a young black or mixed-race woman who may be a descendent of Jedi Knight Ben Kenobi. In the film, which takes place 30 years after the events of 1983'sStar Wars: Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, the character would cross paths with the children of Han Solo, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. (OriginalStar Wars stars Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill andCarrie Fisher are expected to reprise their roles, as isPeter Mayhew as Chewbacca.)
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-episode-vii-speculation-693268

12. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    It starts.....

This is why I love 7SA

13. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Yeah they WON'T be giving Nyong'o a small role, that's for damn sure! She's quickly following Lawrence and Saldana as the most sought after female actress in Hollywood and they got her!

14. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    Lupita's talents would be wasted on playing a good guy. I want her to be the Sidious of this story.

15. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    God they need to let that Obi-wan descendent crap die, worst idea EVER!

16. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    So what do we think, guys? Is Lupita playing the character codenamed "Rachel"?

[​IMG]

"Rachel" can't be a Solo child (because she's an orphan and the role was open to all races) so that probably rules out Daisy. "Rachel"'s a teen, Lupita's not, but she could easily play younger than her age.

[​IMG]

What say you?

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Dec 6, 2000
    A Kenobi has been part of the prequels Big 3......and a main player in the OT.

If she's a Kenobi.....I don't see why she could not be one of the of the new main trio.

But it's my take....not yours.....

18. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    So Latino Review got it wrong with the other two. OMG LUPITA IN STAR WARS. YES!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy. Go Girl. She's going to kill. Perfect movie to take after winning an Oscar.

Lurknomore and Iron_lord like this.
  19. jedijax

May 2, 2013
    Can we just stop with the "Rachel" nonsense. Those "characters" were for reads and personalities and not for actual specific roles. They just wanted to see if they could relay a certain emotion.

20. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    The photo's are persuasive, these may be body doubles with the tent interior's filmed in London. I also notice the Lupitaish looking girl has some kind of electronic necklace or restraining/explosive device(?) around her neck maybe indicating she is a slave? http://imgur.com/a/znSeg#33 Although that would be a rather elaborate costume for a slave.

21. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Lupita isn't Ventress, she's Lumiya.

22. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Dec 6, 2000
    Agree...the only important thing to take out of this description is that the main female lead was open to all ethnicities....

23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    but if that's true then Daisy might not be Han/Leia's daughter.

24. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Dec 6, 2000
    or that Daisy might not be Rachel and Lupita won "that" role...

Claire1976 likes this.
  25. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Eh the other 2 might still be in the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.