main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lupita Nyong'o (Maz Kanata) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

I don't how the that leap was made. You said nothing remotely prejudiced.

thejeditraitor and KSennia like this.
  2. KSennia

KSennia Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I don't know either. I thought maybe the poster was joking. But you never know on the internet.

3. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Yeah, it was a misunderstanding on my part.

KSennia likes this.
  4. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Couldn't agree more. I was so excited to hear Lupita was cast, but can't help but be disappointed that she will essentially be in disguise.

KSennia likes this.
  5. KSennia

Nov 5, 2012
    My only consolation will be if they leave her wonderful voice alone, so that it at least will be recognizable. Though I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope for the Lupita/politician rumor.

6. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I hear your concerns... Lupita is compelling and has a real presence about her, but if one is not too keen on a mo-cap role then I'm sorry to say that you'll be in for disappointment as the little orange alien is her only role in this movie.

7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It could be just a rumor.

Dak Oolron and KSennia like this.
  8. KSennia

Nov 5, 2012
    I can hope all I want to until the final cut of the movie is released. I'm not pinning all my hopes & dreams on it, but no can know that for sure yet. Makings extremely sukky rumors are far from gospel.

9. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I'm already regretting answering your post; wish I could take it back tbh, because I should have been more aware of how it would affect you. I have to be very careful in what I say about this... what I say about her character isn't coming from MSW.

If you have hope that we'll see flesh and blood Lupita in this movie, then I'm fine with that and will say no more on the subject. :)

10. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    Would this politician realistically have a big role over the trilogy?

I'd rather Lupita have an important role over 3 films. Rumors are hinting that Rose might be a Jedi.

11. KSennia

Nov 5, 2012
    I didn't hear enough about the political rival role to know how large or small it was, but if it was small then maybe Lupita could do both. She probably isn't, but it would be cool.

12. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    Knowing full well that actors only play ONE role, which would you rather have; Lupita as herself playing a politician that would have an extremely small role, or an alien Jedi that might play a huge role over 3 films?

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    you people need to chill the **** out.

14. KSennia

Nov 5, 2012
    I don't think anyone here is unchill. We're just talking about what we'd like to see, in a movie that no one has seen yet. It's fun to do that! :)

I don't really want to choose either option, by itself. I want to choose Lupita has an awesome role and we get to see her looking beautiful. I don't think there is any law that says no actor ever may play two roles, especially if one is just a cameo.

Realistically, since they're barely even giving Mark anything to do, I doubt they'd give Lupita two roles, of course But until the movie comes out or we get real proven rumors, we are free to discuss what we want to see, without being boxed in.

At least I am free to do that. Other posters minds might not work that way and they may see things differently, and that's okay.

15. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    One thing's for sure. Mo-cap or not, Lupita does have a VERY essential and major part in TFA (if she is indeed "Rose").

16. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Actors act, models look beautiful. I'm sure that Lupita relishes the challenge of bringing 'Rose' to life far more than she would strutting up and down a catwalk. After all, that's what she trained for.

Rabs likes this.
  17. KSennia

Nov 5, 2012

I dunno maybe. I wish I could ask her.

It is possible to act and look beautiful at the same time. :D

Natalie Portman, Carrie Fisher, Daisy Ridley, they've all done both just fine. So it's not like it's an either-or-thing.

But until we actually see the move we don't know what will happen or how the character will end up. Maybe I'll be wowed by the character's deepness, mystery, and aura. And I'll forget she's a puppet.

18. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Motion capture is far more that being a "puppet", but I guess that it something kind of similar.

As to forgetting the character isn't real? Gollum and Smaug in the latest Hobbit outings and the Apes moves say that will no be a problem VFX-wise.

Can Lupita's performance and Abrams/Kasdan writing do their part? We will know come December, but the evidence of history tells me yes they will.

It seems that Nyong'o beauty is an issue with some people too. I don't see the relevance.

Revanfan1 and Rabs like this.
  19. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    If Rose is a Force user why does she not kick Kylo's proverbial in the Evil Castle? With Rey and Finn to back her up surely that would be the best opportunity?

20. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    I don't see any point Lupita to be a puppet. Lupita is new to use it with the voice of an old woman. Could call an elderly actress to be the voice of Rose. Lupita is beautiful in body waste using her puppet. The logic makes I don't believe this rumor. Maybe the leaves do not report calls the CGI character?

KSennia likes this.
  21. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Maybe he gave up the project of rose puppet. And lupita enters the new comp mod project capture

22. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008

No that is inaccurate. BB-8 revals the saber. Han gets uptight and Finn asks where they're going. Han responds with to see "her." Her is Rose. He knows her. They have a past.

thejeditraitor and Nando like this.
  23. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Which they would do if Rose was a Jedi at Luke's first academy while one or potentially more of Han's kids was taught there.

Dra---, Revanfan1 and Han Drolo like this.
  24. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Yyyyyep! More indication about Han's children.

25. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I definitely think that concept of Rose and the alien kids heavily implies she once taught Rey at least.

Also, if Han is referring to her as "her" it doesn't suggest any kind of fondness to me, though that might play out very differently in the script I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.