main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lurkers Anonymous

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBreezy, Aug 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Do you Lurk in stories? Are you a Badddddddd reader and don't reply nearly as often as you should?

You don't have to name the fic you lurk in but dash in and at least let authors know you're out there!!

:p

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Okey dokey! 8-}

3. Quakake

Quakake Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Admited lurker. I rarely post. Me = shy.

4. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Sigh, Darth Breezy! Really! How can you ask such a question?

If they are proper lurkers, they can't answer this. If they answer, then they aren't lurking anymore.

5. Garimel

Garimel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    Semi-lurker. I'm pretty picky, and while I could review... generally it's better if I don't.

6. jagsredlady

jagsredlady Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 7, 2002
    I lurked for about a year, reading all Ani/Ami fanfics, but I never registered. I got hooked on JediGaladriel's stories and became a passionate follower. By the Grace of Lady Vader and The Ascension of the Queen were some of my favorite fanfics ever.

I got into the NJO books and finally registered so I could contribute to the discussion in the Lit Forum. I mostly post in the Fanfiction Forums these days however, where I try to regularly review stories that I am following.

7. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

I'm a known lurker in some stories. Tkeira Lea's Legacy is one of them. She knows i lurk there, i just don't post because what can i say that her 20 other regular posters haven't already?

8. night-wind

night-wind Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2003
    this is one lurker that is proud to be stuck in Lurkerdom! i lurk in a good portion of the NJO stories mainly J/J and K/J, but i also lurk in any Saga stories that look interesting... 8-}

9. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Semi-lurker. While I try to reply to the stories I read - 'cause I know how much it means to the author - sometimes I just...*shrugs*...don't. I'm just lazy, I guess. And also, soame stories I don't have time to read on the comp, so I print them out and take them with me to read on the bus or wherever, and then I'm not really good with coming back and replying. *blushes*

10. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I am a lurker, I'm a horrible, horrible, lurker.

11. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I like to lurk, but I do give the occasional up. Okay, I'm the upper of lost stories, but other than that I lurk.

12. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm a semi-lurker. If I feel I must say something or have something to contribute, I will (if I have time and RL isn't being terribly annoying). It really depends on what is going on in my life whether I comment or not. So it isn't always the fic or the author's writing that drives me to lurk; sometimes it's just life....

However,that being said, I do consistantly read some fics that I think are not well-written (the plots are interesting enough to keep me coming back but the grammar can be brutally bad) but I don't comment on those at all - it would just get the authors mad or ticked or something.

13. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I lurk on a lot of stories. Mainly because I don't want to post a reply until I'm sure I can keep up with the fic. One thing I've always hated in my own threads is when someone responds once and never returns.

Once I know I have the time to read the fic religiously, though, I usually delurk. :)

14. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I lurked for a very long time before I signed up. Don't ask me why, I don't know. I mostly lurked in EU stories involving the NJO ;)

15. C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t

C_o_r_u_s_c_a_n_t Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Yes I'm a lurker! I love to lurk in the Fortress! [face_mischief]

;)

16. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    If you wrote an Anakin/Padme story, I've probably lurked there at some point. I love to read stories but I don't always have time to leave feedback. I've tried to do better though after learning how much it means to a person.

17. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    I am a horrible lurker, mostly by the nature of how I read the posts. I usually print them out and carry them around in a binder until I can get to reading time. I have lots of spare time waiting for this meeting or another. By the time I read a post several others may be up. [face_blush] Sorry.

Like a_g stated earlier - I do realize that feedback means alot to people as well, especially when writers are starting out. So I try to pop in when I can. Sometimes it is simply hard to balance writing, reading, posting and DRL. Although on some of my favorites I will post every chance I get.

I found as a new reader on the threads that some threads were very intimidating, especially for a shy person. People knew each other and you might not understand the friendly banter. For the lurkers out there, I remind you of this one important fact - We all love Star Wars!

To the writers - Encourage your lurkers to come out of hiding. One time I declared it delurking week and explained how afraid I was initially to post my first reply. I can't remember how many people posted that we had never heard from (alot of first timers too), but it was simply overwhelming. Some of those people still lurk, but pop in from time to time. Others are regulars now.

It's okay to lurk though, if that's what you are comfortable with...

18. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Yeah, I'm a lurker. I don't have as much time lately as I used to, and sometimes it's all I can do to balance real life stuff with reading and updating my own stuff. I like to take a peek in lots of places, but sometimes I shy away from replying because I can't devote the time. I know that it feels much better to have a lurker in your thread than a reader who just fades away. So, let it be known that I lurk. [face_mischief]

Jae Angel

19. stefgerm

stefgerm Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2003
    I read since a long time this boards and today was the first time i put a thread on.
    But you got reason, when one writes something he likes to know what people thinks about. Actually i'm reading "a bumpier road", i arrived to teh page 4, i think. BYe! :)

20. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    I lurked for awhile after I originally registered. But once I started preparing to post my first [posted] fic, I realized how much authors depend on feedback for their boosts. So, although I never put much in my posts [everyone has already said everything to say by the time I get there] I do try to respond to all the authors posts.

21. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    I would've posted to this thread the first time I saw it but I've been lurking...

lordmaul13

22. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
  23. DarthSmurf

DarthSmurf Jedi Master star 5

May 10, 2003
    I lurk, it's a fact. ;) :p I usually post replies when I really, really like a story and I also post when an author gets discouraged because no one is replying... :(

24. PUREJUSTICE

PUREJUSTICE Jedi Youngling

Aug 30, 2003
    I'm a lurker, I am what I am and I do what I can!

25. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    digging this out....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.