main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Lux Bonteri and Ahsoka Tano (pairing)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IIA_MasterSHenson, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IIA_MasterSHenson

IIA_MasterSHenson Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2013
    [​IMG]

I became a Clone Wars fan a while back (very late since TCW has been out so long but I had assumptions about it. They proved unfounded so I recanted)
    This has probably been done many times before (talking about them) but I am new to this whole anti/pro Lux feud so bear with me.
    Myself, I liked Lux a lot when he was first introduced in TCW. I am enthralled with senators (ever since the prequel senators) so I had no aversions. I found him intriguing. And he has not disappointed me in his performance in TCW.
    Contrary to Lux, I was not so taken by Ahsoka in the beginning but warmed to her over time. In many ways, she reminds me of the slightly unorthodox but powerful, ambitious, virtuous Jedi who has more than a few of Anakin's traits.
    I have heard various speculations about Luxsoka (as the pair is being called) but the cons are mainly:
    -Lux does not match her
    -Ahsoka having such feelings is outside of her character
    -Ahsoka should be with Anakin
    -Lux is beneath Ahsoka
    There are others possibly but these are in the vast majority of the arguments. As a supporter of Luxsoka, I would like to give my take on these reasons.
    1. Lux doesn't match her: While I would say that they are alike in quite a few ways, they are overall different, yes. But to say that that should stop a relationship is not at all moving. We have Anakin/Padme, Han/Leia, Obi/Satine (and if you're into EU and TOR: Revan/Bastila, Jace/Satele, Eleena/Malgus, Luke/Mara, etc, etc.) to show us that the most unorthodox relationships can work out. And, as they both have the same ambition, drive, and sense of justice, I think Lux and Ahsoka will get along just fine.
    2.Out of Character: To this, I will have to call bs. Ahsoka has shown herself to be troubled by her emotions and is brash and at times plain childish. She is a great Jedi but is headstrong and also shares traits with Anakin (who is famous/notorious for being "not your average Jedi"). For her to fall in love is not unexpected seeing as she had troubled feelings over her strong emotions for Anakin (her master [perhaps she felt for him as a father--that was hinted]), her brashness, and her teaching. She is appointed to Anakin and we see time and time again her doing things that are not exactly the Jedi way and believing things that are not exactly the Jedi way (we have her personality and Anakin's guidance to thank for that).
    3.Anakin: It is well established in TCW (and I was happy about this because one of the things that irritated me about TCW was how much Ahsoka/Anakin raving there was) that Anakin is married to, in love with, and interested in singularly Padme Amidala. Ahsoka and him have a very good, intimate relationship but it feels almost like the relationship between the brother and sister in S4, Episode20 [the brother attacks the train Boba and Ventress are on to rescue his sister]. It almost feels like the Obi/Anakin but Ahsoka and Anakin are so far away in level and age that it seems more like little sister, big brother. Despite what wishes fans have (or fantasies) the senator is shown to be "his one" and even the deal with Lux, he is not jealous but rather confiding and understanding, expressing that he feels (or has felt) the emotional turmoil that she's feeling.
    4.Hierachy: To say Lux is beneath Ahsoka is...idk. While Ahsoka falls short of being an Anakin Skywalker and Lux falls short of being a Padme, they both remind me of that couple. The senator and the jedi. The unorthodox one and the one seeking justice. Sure, Lux is a bit more childish and idealistic and willing to go to extremes (illegal extrememes I mean). And sure Ahsoka is a little more level-headed at times and painstakingly cautious (when her emotions haven't taken her) than Anakin. But it is almost like a mirror and their differences in stature and position are not enough to stop them from being together. (I mean, if Ahsoka is so far above Lux that they shouldn't be together then Leia and Han must be the biggest relationship mistake ever) Just my take on it. :)

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    anakinfansince1983 isn't here yet, but I'm gonna just go ahead and say it for her:

Oh hell.

OH HELL, HELLITY HELLHELLHELL!

Seriously, the guy looks like frickin Justin Bieber.

Also, this is Star Wars, not Twilight.

3. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Since Pre Vizsla is looking at this "happy couple", I'll bet he's thinking, Tion'haran?

Now, to give a serious rebuttal to the idea of the Luxsoka pairing, I think the Onderon arc in Season 5 made it pretty clear that Ahsoka was finally able to get over any conflicting feelings she might have had about Lux, not to mention that the Senator never really seemed to have any honest feelings for Ahsoka---as evidenced by his romance with Steela.

4. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    A thread about Ahsoka and Lux? On LACWAC?

This is gonna be good.

[​IMG]

And off to a great start from Darth Valkyrus! My thoughts exactly.

J7Luke and Cary_the_Brave like this.
  5. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    Lol I made a comment a few years back on how Ahsoka was Selena Gomez and Lux was Justin Bieber. Lux has become too major of a character for the past three seasons, especially Season 5. I'm intrigued though to see his response that Ahsoka left the Jedi Order and what his take on the Republic will be thereafter.

6. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    The only thing to do is for Lux to stay with the Republic and go along with the Empire. It would a good character moment for Ahsoka if she really is in Rebels to have her meet Lux again and he is an Empire-loyalist. I would LOVE the irony!

J7Luke likes this.
  7. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I'm neutral on the whole Luxsoka pairing. If they end up together they end up together. If they don't they don't. Frankly I could care less either way. I think Circular Logic put it best as far as what Ahsoka's feelings towards Lux are like and vise versa.

But as Cary_the_Brave just pointed out I am curious in finding out what Lux's reaction towards Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Order was like too.

Also I'm more interested in seeing the political aspect of Lux's character develop then any love/romantic aspects. He has joined the Republic for one but does he continue to serve in the Republic/Imperial Senate up until it is dissolved in A New Hope or does he become one of those Senators who starts to dissent against Palpatine's rule? If Lux appears in any future Star Wars projects then that is possible element of his storyline that I would like to see.

Does that mean we'll see a Lux Bonteri related Star Wars Spin-off film where Lux throws eggs at a rival Senator's house? [face_thinking]:p

8. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Seeing Lux deny some of the principles of the Republic, I don't see him pledging allegiance to the Empire any time soon. But I agree with you, if Ahsoka allies with the rebels and meets Lux, an Imperial Senator... just like old times.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Let's solve this problem immediately.

Ahsoka does not work for or otherwise ally herself with the Rebel Alliance.

She is an Imperial just like her boyfriend, who breaks into "As Long As You Love Me" at random intervals while torturing suspected traitors to His Excellency.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  10. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    And then Ahsoka chops his head off.

Edit: Just to clarify I posted this before seeing AFS83's post above.

Sudooku likes this.
  11. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    "And though the screams could be heard in the distant background as the cackling of lightning rippled from His Excellency's old and wrinkled fingers, the two met eye to eye, forever being lost within each other. A feeling so complex yet so lust nothing mattered as long as they were together."

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Just to be petty, I wanted Ahsoka to flirt with Saw during the Onderon episodes, to make Lux mad. :p

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    We had enough of that going on with Steela trying to get her own As Long As You Love Me moment.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  15. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, I know. ;)

16. Cary_the_Brave

Sep 5, 2012
    Ahsoka was able to get a taste of the friendzone in that arc.

Revanfan1 and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  18. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Luxsoka?

EEEWWWW.

[​IMG]

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

19. credar

Sep 18, 2011
    [face_hypnotized]

So big.

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I was so ready to bust out Backstreet Boys lyrics that I know by heart, then got suspicious I was off, googled it and saw that it was a Bieber song.

21. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Lux is just so...bland. Like, everything he does, everything he says, everything about him just feels incredibly forced, which I guess is sort of what happens when you create a third-season character specifically to be Ahsoka's "I bet they end up together" cool-guy love interest. Not even a good actor like Jason Spisak could really save him.

Anyway, ever since TCW season two, I've been pretty partial to Ahsoka/Barriss. In just the Geonosis episodes, they had *way* more chemistry than Ahsoka/Lux ever did. Just saying.

22. IIA_MasterSHenson

Dec 1, 2013
    Wow. I got a huge turnout I see. XD That's good.
    As I said, I'm new to this whole "anti/pro lux" feud but from the above comments, I guess there's a lot of "hate" toward the young senator or at least his pairing with Ahsoka.
    Here's what I'm seeing (and I'm going to be frank):
    -Twilight
    -Justin Bieber
    -Anakin is her guy (I'm guessing that from some of the comments)
    -Unneeded
    1. Twilight: To be fair, let's not be petty. Lux and Ahsoka story is not like Twilight and to say that is well... :/ The story, plot, and characters are completely different. Maybe I'm not getting why it's said that it would be "like Twilight" (if someone could illuminate on how that would be.......) I'm guessing the Steela thing? That's the closest I can come (even though the deal with Steela was really not Twilight [face_rofl])
    [​IMG]
    2. Justin: The fact that he's young and has a prettier face makes him like Justin Bieber? o_O Perhaps I am missing something. He doesn't sing or anything, is a rebel, is a senator, and is not engaged young. (And if we are talking looks, besides being young and having a nice [not high pitched] voice and a less worn face then I suppose........)
    3. Anakin/Ahsoka: I have already pointed out and dismissed the Anakin-Ahsoka thing in my previous comment. Ahsoka is Anakin's padawan. Despite whatever fantasies or wants, it just must be accepted. I, II, and III are Anakin-Padme. TCW even up to this season (S5 that I'm on) is yet just her and Anakin as padawan and master. There's nothing that needs explaining or further discussion there. So yeah:
    3. Anakin/Ahsoka
    4. Unneeded: That is something I can maybe agree with. Lux does not need a romantic entanglement with Ahsoka. Yet I see no reason why not to. They obviously like each other and even at the end of their multitude of episodes in S5, it was still left hanging. Steela was removed and Ahsoka and Lux did not have a "just friends" parting. (I think it's meant to be that way for curiosity or something).

So as far as I can tell, the reasons are either unfounded, subjective (Bieber/Twilight/Anakin-Ahsoka love), or neutral.

23. IIA_MasterSHenson

Dec 1, 2013
    Lol! Even though your answer was really just a matter of preference (you just don't like the Lux character), it was one of the best, most reasonable answers given on this page today. XD
    And you supplied me with something you'd rather see that is not completely shot by the story (like Anakin-Ahsoka, which is not fitting with the SW story with Padme/Anakin). So really, you just would rather something else that could be within grasp. Myself, I liked Lux. And I thought after they left each other (him and his senator mother), they wouldn't see each other again. But then they did when he called out Dooku. I honestly like his personality. And I feel that his similarities and differences to Ahsoka are well done and make them better. I do get that it had a "I'm drawn to her/him" type of feel (like Anakin & Padme btw ;) ). But I feel the story is reasonable and I liked the Steela side thing because it made it all more believable (that he could develop interest in someone else rather than the one he's drawn to, the one who is a jedi, the one he hasn't seen in a long time). It made it seem more like real life.

24. Darth Desolous

Darth Desolous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    Why is this even here? This is STAR WARS, NOT Romeo and Juliet.

25. IIA_MasterSHenson

Dec 1, 2013
    Welcome! Another visitor. My thread? It's here because it's a side-plot in TCW. And this romance arc isn't Romeo and Juliet, truly (despite the fact that a Jedi and anyone is "forbidden" which equates to a star-crossed lover type of thing but that's not seen here at all really). Nor is it Twilight [I feel]. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.