main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Lux Bonteri and Ahsoka Tano (pairing)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IIA_MasterSHenson, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Shipping thread?[face_hypnotized]

Don't get me wrong, I love me some shipping but this forum doesn't seem all that inclined towards these discussions IMHO.

To second some of the above posters, Lux is boring and was introduced too late and Luxsoka devoid of delicious drama- there is a reason it is last out of the most popular Ahsoka pairings.

2. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I hate to be that guy, but Darth Valkyrus does have a point when he says that Bonteri looks like Justin Bieber...especially when wearing a beanie. See for yourself:

[​IMG]

3. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Until Lucas sunk your ship with The Wrong Jedi, you mean?

4. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    ...I...Wa....wow...It's actually true.

5. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Pssh, not a chance. lol I've got like five different explanations for Lucas's Barriss trolling (brainworm egg, recruited by Tholme for spy **** and faked a fall like Quinlan to catch the real culprit, etc) so I don't care. Whatever. All I'm saying is Ahsoka and Barriss had way more chemistry, way more in common, and way more (implied) time together than Ahsoka and Lux...who's a boring character anyway. My ship's still sailing, Lucas be damned.

6. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Surprisingly, I totally agree with you here. [face_thinking]

7. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Personally, I don't really ship Ahsoka that hard with anyone. The Anisoka(Anakin/Ahsoka) pairing creeps me out, mainly because teachers should not be romantically involved with their students. I do have a personal headcanon of her having an innocent crush on Rex, just because of a few passages from Clone Wars novels which kind of sound like she does.

I don't hate Lux, I'm just not impressed with the character. I almost think he was made up just to be a love interest for Ahsoka.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    the reasons are either unfounded, subjective or neutral

Of course the reasons are subjective. We're talking about opinions on a cartoon character pairing. There is no objectively correct opinion here.

The idea that a reason is unfounded is subjective in and of itself.

You like the pairing? Cool, no problem, you're just in the minority around here I think.

9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    DookuSoka.

PalpSoka

HanSoka

LukeSoka (oddly enough a reversal of most of them since she would be 36 when he was 18... he'd be her toyboy)

JabbaSoka

LeiaSoka

DodonnaSoka

WedgeSoka

DashSoka

KyleSoka

ThrawnSoka

EverybodySoka!

It's one big giant creepfest worthy of Fritz the Cat or something.

[face_sick] [face_sick] [face_sick]

Aaaaand I'm outta here. Bye.

10. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    As was said, Lux is just such a boring drip. I can't even imagine how boring a date with him would be like for Ahsoka. Not to mention I somehow doubt the sex between them would last all that long.

That said, in ways I actually like how they didn't get together because, well . . . That happens in real life sometimes. We all have crushes and even some mutual vibes between people, but it doesn't always mean something WILL happen. Sometimes you miss the boat, guy or girl.

In fact, one interesting way they could have played it was for Ahsoka to be the one doing the Friendzoning to Lux during A Friend in Need. Citing the Jedi code and stuff, so she can't run away with him. Flash forward to the Onderon arc and Ahsoka sees that Lux the Drip has moved on, as people do in real life. Instead of Ahsoka wondering what's going on between him and that other girl, it's Ahsoka wondering if she regrets her choice and having missed her chance.

11. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Never change.

More like, 'blew up your Temple', amirite?

12. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    In all seriousness, I don't really think Ahsoka, "needed," to be paired with anyone. It's kinda irritating in fiction how, whenever there's a female character, writers feel a compelling need to hook her up with someone. Sometimes more than one person over the course of the series. Why can't a female protagonist just be awesome all on her own.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Like x 1000.

Revanfan1 and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  14. IIA_MasterSHenson

IIA_MasterSHenson Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2013
    Wow. Yeah, there is a big resemblance. But if that is the reason for an aversion (that he and Justin have similar features...hey. To each their own). It can also be said he looks like a brown-haired Jason Dolley or a the young Cody Simpson (brown hair of course). But, all in all, he is not supposed to look like he's been through things (Anakin), is wise (Obi-Wan), or is old. He's young, probably a little older than Ahsoka. But I can understand. You don't like the way he looks...then of course you won't like him having a romance with a character you do like.

15. IIA_MasterSHenson

Dec 1, 2013
    I don't think her having a love interest minimizes her "awesomeness." She is not Lux's damsel, Lux's little bird, or paled in any way by Lux (or whoever else she has been paired with in fanfic for that matter [except maybe Anakin--which is not a possibility]).

16. IIA_MasterSHenson

Dec 1, 2013
    lol. Well of course everything's subjective (we all have personal opinions on the matter) yet I mean the reasons behind the "hate"...things like "it reminds me of Twilight (I still don't see how. [I'm not really a Twilight fan so I only know the books somewhat])" or "he looks like JB (he kinda does)" or "I'd rather Anakin-Ahsoka (a couple not backed by TCW or SW the saga)." The reasons are completely subjective and not given an objective overview. As I said, I can understand (thinking logically and objectively) that there is no reason to have her with a love interest. I also understand that if you think he looks too much like JB or that he is boring, of course the couple would not fit for you. Completely understood. Yet I was hoping for more than just "I don't like him" or "he looks like JB."
    [It's not as though I can't relate. I hated Leia/Han but, logically, I can see how that couple isn't necessarily bad. I guess for such extreme aversion and dislike of the Luxsoka couple, I expected more profound, strong arguments]

17. IIA_MasterSHenson

Dec 1, 2013
    XD Oh no. I don't "ship" them (I still don't quite know what shipping is). As I said, I recently got through CW and ran into a boatload of hate on Lux/Luxsoka. So I wanted to question about it and see if I can find some true insight on why there is so much rancorous hate.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    "It's a matter of taste" is a perfectly valid reason for either liking or disliking a character or 'ship. The reasoning does not need to be any more "profound or strong" than that.

And I don't like Lux or Ahsoka.

19. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    It's not about Ahsoka being seen as a damsel necessarily for me. It's about the writer's and fans' need to see her shipped with somebody just because she's a woman. How many discussions are there about shipping Ahsoka? Or Ventress? Conversely, how often to people ship Mace? Or any other male character? Nowhere near as much chatter I imagine.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

Yeah, I think it's time this ship sailed away to the deep depths of the internet.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    IT'S BAAAAACK

While Vadsoka might be on the horizon, I'll bet the new Ahsoka novel will finally resolve Luxsoka. :ahsoka:

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's good to be a mod, isn't it?

23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Luxsoka was the most boring, uninteresting, chemistry less and painful relationships to watch since Anakin and Padme in jmo
    Thank god there was no Sand lines !

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I really don't think it was as bad as Anakin and Padme.

The "Lusoka" pair really wasn't meant to be anything. He sneaks a kiss with her. She feels a little jealous in another arc. Much ado about nothing.

25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I don't think anything can be as bad as that but it tried, it tried :p

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.