main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LUXOR IMAX AOTC SCREENING

Discussion in 'Archive: Las Vegas, NV' started by ArtMaul, Oct 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    HEy i'm planning on attending but i need to know how much tickets are and what time's they are showing. So far i have been un able to contact luxor. I have some people comming in from AZ so i want to get it organized. Also, what other times and how long are they showing it. I was hoping to hit up two showings or or more of imax. any info could help, thnxs

2. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    The L.A. group is attending the 10:00 p.m. (they changed the time) showing on November 1st (Friday Night). Tickets are 12 dollars.

3. luxorblueman

luxorblueman Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2002
    Hey I'm new on the boards here but have been a big Star Wars fan for a long time.
    Oddly enough I'm a HUGE Blue Man Group fan too.
    The idea of Blue Man and Star Wars being in the same building is kinda cool.

But anyway...I'm seeing the IMAX show at 7:30 opening day. Got tickets reserved.
    I just wanted to know if I can expect to see any of you there at that show time and want to make sure there will be a Bantha Tracks available then.

Thanks

4. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Sep 27, 2002
    hey art maul, did you get advanced and are there tickets still available?

5. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Most of us will be going to the 10pm show, but we'll get there early to nab tickets, just in case.

6. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    Okay well since i get off work at 8pm expect me about 8:30-9pm, are we just going to meet in front of the imax? also did you guys need rides there? oh yeah, and if one of you has the money and could just get me a ticket(since im guessing your gonna be there earlier then me) i would appreciate it, just so they dont get sold out or something messed up, ill pay you back when i get there.

7. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I'm guessing me and Anthony will get there by bus, and I'll see if we can pick you up a ticket, no problem. Will you be able to take us home? I promise there won't be any more ugly scenes this time.

8. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    heh, yeah i can give you a ride

9. ArtMaul

Jun 12, 2001
    We're coming by the Luxor around 4:00 p.m. to pick up two extra tickets needed for the rest of our group.

10. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Sep 27, 2002
    Does anyone know how many seats the luxor imax will be seating and what is a good suggestion on when to show up. I could be bringing a big group and i'm new to the vegas SW scene. Maybe we could chat a bit early. Line up party or not....?

11. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    I'll arrive with Antony about 7:30-8:00. Hopefully there will still be a couple tickets left.

12. ArtMaul

Jun 12, 2001
    Did anyone else notice how bad the print for the Luxor was? Any hopes of refunds? Was this an isolated incident?

13. MoronDude

Nov 1, 2000
    Hey ArtMaul, what exactly do you mean? If you meant picture quality, I thought it was great... if you mean those spots of black creeping up every so often, then yeah, it was kinda annoying.

So, were you there at the 10:00 show? I tried to keep my eyes open for large crowds and tried to make myself noticeable, but we never were able to catch each other, I guess.

14. darthphin

darthphin Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2002
    How could you not notice how bad the Luxor print was?
    Look, I love star wars, but it hasn't blinded me.
    The blue screens were painfully obvious, hell, I could even make out the jpegs in some of the backgrounds.
    The all digital parts were beautiful, but even then we got those annoying "spots of black", but that's a projecter probelm.
    Still, the actual print was terrible. I've talked to a lot of people that saw it at Universal or the Bridge in L.A. and they said their prints looked good.
    I'm hoping that it was just that print in particular.
    If the Luxor is smart, they will refund, that was a rip-off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.