main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Lying Eyes (NJO, Kyp, OC humor, vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LianaMara, Dec 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Disclaimer: Del ke Blaec and that dippy cousin of hers are my characters, but unfortunately Kyp isn't (oh great sexy one). :p I'm not selling this for any money. Reading the prequel is highly recommended, for there's references to things that happened in the last viggie. I have the intention of turning this into a series. Thanks for clicking! :)

Rating: High PG

Summary: Sensitive about her physical appearance, an NRI agent has a confrontation with Kyp Durron that wrecks havoc with her self-esteem.

Timeframe: NJO, sometime during the Force Heretic trilogy.

Characters: Kyp Durron, OCs

Notes: Sequel to Sithy Woman

Yes, oba, I'm starting a series. :p This is the second in the "Intuition" vignettes. All involving Kyp and this annoying OC. All filled with dark humor. Currently, I have plans for ten. Next up...Take It to the Limit. Enjoy! ;)

[b]Lying Eyes[/b]

I hate my cousin.

I know, the statement may sound a little cruel and harsh, but it?s absolutely true. My cousin, Lady Juliene ke Greso-Bacherr, is one of the dippiest, ditziest, haughtiest women this side of the sworl. She has an empty head, a vacuum for a brain, and the most irritating friends.

The fact that she?s my little cousin only makes it worse.

Some people would say that it?s not so much hatred that I feel, but envy. Envy for her beautiful face, her fabulous figure, her caring husband, and her altogether perfect life. But I don?t think that?s true. Yes, sometimes I wish that I too had an easy existence, and someone who could hold me in his arms and force every worry from my mind. Those are just wishes, though, dreams that could never be fulfilled. They?re too aerial, too unrealistic for me.

There is only one belonging of the illustrious Lady Jule that I do covet: her appearance. The Force must have a sense of humor, for how else can you explain the fact that she?s tall, slim, and attractive while I?m?I won?t even go there. I just wish I could scrap my genes and begin anew. I mean, Jule?s my first cousin; where the hell did my features come from? I?m short, with a figure that resembles an hour-glass/pear hybrid, an ample derriere, too large everything, and the most blah hair in the galaxy. My face? Irregular, with a large, full mouth, very prominent cheekbones, wide-set slanted eyes, long nose, and sharp chin. I?m not pretty; my only noticeable quirk is that I don?t look like your average plain Laine. I think my mother?s to blame. She was curvy, too, but at least she was tall and stately. I?m only 160 centimeters, and my weight?

I digress. I haven?t fought those inner demons for a long time, having vanquished them when I reached adulthood. But they returned.

And it?s all due to my detestable cousin.

Last week, I was enjoying a short respite from my Intelligence work on Mon Calamari. Free time is rare for one of my occupation, so I was utilizing my time wisely. And of course, that meant I was raiding local boutiques for genuine bargains. I have some feminine instincts, and of those shopping is the strongest. I get the oddest satisfaction when I?m able to drag fifteen outfits home and boast that I only paid 100 credits for the pieces. It fulfills my womanly duties, and I don?t always mind showing my softer side.

It was on one such occasion that I received a comm call from that damned cousin of mine. Jule?s high-pitched drawl is unmistakable, but the words she uttered were even more painful. ?Del sweetie! Are you busy tonight??

I tried to invent a previous engagement, so I could truthfully refuse her offer. But unfortunately, I couldn?t improvise a lie for the life of me. It was one of those odd moments: Delila ke Blaec, experienced Intelligence agent, incapable of fibbing to an ignorant blonde. I could have shot myself. ?No. What do you want??

?Well, dearest cousin of mine, I just wanted to

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Is this going to be a series? A trilogy, perhaps? ;) I hope so!! :D :D :D

As usual, you give us a delightful story. ;) I liked it all, from how well and thoroughly you characterize Del to how Kyp and her traded insults. ;) I really like that part. *giggles* :p And I especially liked the very end - Kyp slapping her butt and then her reaction and thoughts. :p Definitely says 'SEQUEL!'

There is a sequel, right? ;) If not, there better be! :mad: :p

FIRST POST! :D

3. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Mum- Yes, this is a series. ;) I'm planning on ten viggies total: some from Del's POV, some from Kyp's. And all the titles will be from Eagle's songs. [face_love]

Thank you! Del's an odd character to write. She only comes out at certain times, but when she does... [face_mischief] The insults were the best part to write. I was attempting to think of funny things when I remembered how much I think Kyp needs a haircut. It took off from there. :p

Oh, there'll be a sequel, alright. Next up will actually be a prequel to Sithy Woman and Lying Eyes...Take It to the Limit. It involves Del and Kyp and snow. :D I'll post the titles, cause I'd love to hear your speculations concerning the plot line. [face_devil]

Take It to the Limit
    Sithy Woman
    Lying Eyes
    Take It Easy
    Peaceful, Easy Feeling
    One of these Nights
    Already Gone
    Desperado
    Intuition
    Best of My Love

EVILNESS... [face_mischief]

4. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    LOL!!!! [face_laugh] I love it, Liana! Kyp is tres sexy, slapping her on the bum and all. ;)

That clueless jedi . . . Brodey whatever.

I'm so getting you back for that. [face_mischief] :D

Jae Angel

5. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Take It to the Limit
    Kyp and OC meet. ;)

Sithy Woman
    We know . . . :p

Lying Eyes
    Again. ;)

Take It Easy
    Denial, denial, denial. 'Tis the name of a river.

Peaceful, Easy Feeling
    Um . . . maybe it's okay?

One of these Nights
    Drunkenness! :D

Already Gone
    A fight? (Wait, when do they not ...?)

Desperado
    The make-up?? [face_mischief] :p

Intuition
    Acceptance?

Best of My Love
    And joy! :p

[/guessing_wildly]

6. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    NJ- Hehehe! That is why I like my sexy Kyp. I wish he'd slap me on my bum. ;)

Oh yeah? We'll see, mah twin. [face_devil]

Mum-

Take It to the Limit
    Kyp and OC meet.
    Not quite...

Take It Easy
    Denial, denial, denial. 'Tis the name of a river.
    Dude...that is close. Very, very close. But WHO is in denial? :p

Peaceful, Easy Feeling
    Um . . . maybe it's okay?
    Perhaps [face_mischief]

One of these Nights
    Drunkenness!
    Spot-on! :eek: Sorta. ;)

Already Gone
    A fight? (Wait, when do they not ...?)
    Lemme just say there's some egging on... :p

Desperado
    The make-up??
    Or maybe there's a gradual realization...

Intuition
    Acceptance?
    Slightly. :p

Best of My Love (running out of colors!)
    And joy!
    Happiness is... ;)

[/guessing_wildly]
    Well, not that bad. You'll have to wait and see, though. :D

7. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Oh. My. God.

That was great, Liana! [face_laugh] More any time soon?

8. LianaMara

Oct 30, 2000
    Lali! *huggies*

Well, it depends. "Take It Easy" is stuck in Kyp thoughts, "Take It to the Limit" is written but not typed (I'm too lazy) and "One of these Nights" is almost finished. If I ever feel like typing them up, there will be more. ;)

9. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Can't wait!

By the way, I'm putting up the new chapter of FWD on the planning thread :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.