Saga Lying From You-AU- Xan/Obi Epilogue-Complete 12/08!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Title Lying From You

Author obi_ew

Genre AU

Summary The tragic events on Naboo bring Qui-Gon's two former padawans together again. Darkness threatens and a battle is waged in order to save one of them from falling.

Characters Xanatos, Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Disclaimers Usual ones apply. I don't own them or benefit financially from the use of them. :)

Thanks and Curses Have to thank Vadey for part of the idea for this story. Hope you aren't dissappointed with the new twist. :)

Must curse Shaindl for opening her mouth on froggy's thread and giving this thing life! :mad:

And as always, thanks to Linkin Park for writing such brilliant lyrics! [face_love]

Sheila this next little bit is for you! I know you will get a chuckle out of it! ;)

I have no idea how often this will be updated. Somewhere and Lost will be my first priority! [face_laugh]

When I pretend
    Everything is what I want it to be
    I look exactly like what you had always
    Wanted to see
    When I pretend
    I can forget about the criminal I am
    Stealing second after second just 'cause
    I know I can/But
    I can't pretend this is the way
    It will stay/I'm just
    Trying to bend the truth
    I can't pretend I'm who you want me to
    be/ So I'm

Lying my way from you

LYING FROM YOU- by Linkin Park

CHAPTER ONE

Slanted feline shaped eyes studied the still lifeless body encased in the glass storage unit, with deep sadness.There was no place in the Temple in which to escape the oppressive melancholy that hung over them like a shroud. Even the sanctuary of the Gardens was stilled, the flora and fauna seeming to weep for their loss. Sighing heavily as he contemplated the job ahead of him, the wizened Jedi Master slowly turned and made his way into the nearby office.

The door slid shut behind him, it's echo resounding in the silence of the dimly lit room. With a heavy heart, he punched a code into the comm unit and braced himself as he awaited a reply.

As an image flickered to life on the screen, his ears drooped.

"Master Yoda," a deep silky voice greeted him respectfully.

Blinking, the Jedi Master met and held the other's gaze.

"Difficult this call is. Tragedy has stricken us," he said in solemn tones.

Silence greeted his words for several weighted moments, the keen gaze studying him piercingly.

"Qui-Gon."

The whispered words held a wealth of emotions, and an underlying pained knowledge. Nodding, Yoda released a deep breath as he explained.

"Faced a Sith they did, on Naboo. Lost him we have."

The cerulean eyes filled with tears, the pale elegant features tightening into grief stricken lines.

"Obi-Wan?" the figure breathed in broken tones.

Yoda shook his head, tiny shoulders slumping.

"Killed the Sith he did, but in anger. Troubled I am about him," he admitted with deep regret.

"No."

Keen senses barely caught the anguished whisper, the slanted gaze fixing on the sapphire orbs unflinchingly.

"Much there is to be decided, about many things."

His expression softening, Master Yoda spoke with firm resolve.

"Time to come home it is, Knight deCrion."

2. Shaindl Force Ghost

star 4
    You can curse me all you want if it gets me stories like this! I can't wait to see what you do with it - if the rest is anything like the beginning, it'll be another masterpiece. Phenomenal beginning, OE!

Shaindl
  3. clark1016 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just can't seem to resist Obi/Xan fic.
  4. CYNICAL21 Jedi Master

star 4
    It's a plot, I tell you. A damnable plot. If you keep writing like this - and intriguing me so completely that I can't tear myself away - how am I ever going to get ANYTHING done?

"Very, very nice - and compelling - and heartrending, o_e," said CYN, wandering off into the sunset, muttering to herself about evil plot bunnies and massive conspiracies. :D

CYN
  5. diamond_pony2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    Surprised I'm here? lol THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!!
  6. Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Knight

star 3
    Excellent, a new story. I've never read an Obi/Xan fic and this seems like a great one to get started on.
  7. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    First of all, congrats on your wins, obi_ew. They were well-deserved. ;)

Second: [face_shocked]

What a sad, tense, foreboding start! Qui-Gon's death has impacted Obi-Wan tremendously. And what beautiful lyrics at the beginning...Very intriguing.

Oh, and did I mention this post was a great big tease? 8-} Need...more....when you can. :D

Fantastic job!
  8. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Woman, you are totally insane to start yet another one. Congrats on your well-deserved wins, BTW.

Loved the opening. You've really set the pace for the drama to come. Keep it up! I'll be looking forward to seeing how you go with this...
  9. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    Another fic!?!?!? Don't you have enough to do? 8-}

Great start, like anyone expected differently, lol. And now you've caused me to do something I promised myself I wouldn't do. Start reading a new fic! I don't have time!

Like I could resist the power of an o-e fic!

--later--
  10. Lurkalidth Jedi Knight

star 2
    Oh my goodness! I'm already addicted to everything you've set your name to thus far, and now you start another story w/ a fantastic premise?

Kewl beans!!!

Thanks for sharing your superb writing. :D
  11. astroanna Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_shocked]

OK, I'm going to have to agree, you must be crazy to start another story....

That being said, it was a great start and I hope there's more soon!! :D

*sigh*

Yes, I too have become an o-e addict...

Who else thinks there should be some kind of support group!?

:D

As always, wonderful choice of lyrics...

The guys of LP never fail, do they?? [face_love]

Once again, amazing start! :)
  12. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    Trying to stop a plot bunny that has grabbed hold of you would have been like trying to stop a speeding train. I did try though, or did I? :p

Very intriging beginning and I am already worried about my Obi-Wan. I can't wait to see where you go from here. :)

I did get quite a large chuckle out of your usual disclaimer. [face_laugh]
  13. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_shocked] A new story? *claps hands excitedly* What an excellent start! :D I am quite happy that evil plot bunnies are running amok around you. 8-}
  14. Thalia_Nox Jedi Knight

star 3
    Another story by OE? **grins** I'm here!

Intriging start. I love fics with Xani in them! I can't wait to see where you take this. **ponders** You know, OE, I think it was you who gave me the Xani bug!
  15. Bekah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes! Another OE fic!

And like the others, I'm addicted as well. I have read everything you have written.

I don't know how you keep up with them all OE, but I'm glad you do.

Can hardly wait for more.

~Bek
  16. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    Good heavens! That's quite a bunny that attacked you. I can't wait for more.

here little bunny...have some yummy bunny chow...
  17. Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Master

star 4
    A support group for O-E addicts?

Hi, my name is Darth_Leia_6669, and I am an O-E addict...

:D

--later--
  18. Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master

star 4
    Please!!! More soon!!! I mean buckethead has kicked the bucket- and Xani's still around...what more could a birdy want?
  19. Aquas_Knight Jedi Knight

star 2
    hmm
    With a start like that.A darker obi and
    oe as writer.
    I´m captivate :)

20. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Knight deCrion? Woohoo! [face_love] Especially since he's not old and decrepit like in Somewhere. *runs away before obi_ew can attack her*

As if I didn't have enough to worry about, having to pack all my junk and schlep it halfway across the country because of school starting, doing millions of errands all day every day, and now THIS...this...absolutely wonderful story that I'm going to have oodles of fun reading :D Ding dong, the Bucket-head, is Bucket-dead, Bucket-dead!

And nice title! :D
  21. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Shaindl Thanks! :p

clark1016 Welcome! I have trouble resisting them myself! :D

Cyn I'm sorry? :D

dp Happy to see you! :)

Lady_Moonbeam Thanks for giving it a try. I hope it pleases! :)

LE Thank you, and I love to tease my readers! [face_devil]

diane It's all Evil Sith Shaindls fault! [face_laugh]

DL I have way too much to do, but couldn't resist! :D

Lurkalidth Thanks for reading and lurking! ;)

astro The guys haven't let me down yet! [face_love]

Sheila I don't think you tried too hard! :p

HHP Why don't you adopt some of them? ;)

Thalia I love giving people the Xanman bug! [face_love]

Bekah I don't know either!

PK It was brutally rabid! :eek:

DL LMAO! [face_laugh]

JKH I was wondering if you would find your way here! :D

Aquas He will certainly not be your Mothers Obi! [face_devil]

Jade Xan may be old in Somewhere , but he is not decrepit! :p

I'm pleasantly shocked by the reaction this got! :) Hope to update no less than once a week! [face_laugh]

I thought I best get the few moments of Obikin mush out of the way! ;)

CHAPTER TWO

Small fingers reached up to grab ahold of the holopicture that sat on the shelf, hesitating when the owner noticed the traces of grease on them. Glancing swiftly at the still figure that sat on the couch, he wiped them on his pant leg before once again reaching for the picture.

As he studied the young boy who stood proudly in front of a familiar Jedi Master, a grin lit up his face. Turning to ask his companion about the picture, the question died in his throat.

His tanned features growing solemn, Anakin Skywalker eyed the young Jedi through deeply troubled blue eyes. Obi-Wan sat stiffly in the center of the couch, huddled under an ill fitting dark brown robe. Blue-gray eyes stared ahead unblinkingly, pale features set in pained lines.

They had been on Coruscant for two days now, and the young Jedi hadn't surfaced once from the silent shell he had retreated to. He refused to eat, sleep, or talk to anyone.

Various Jedi had come and gone, offering kind words of support and sympathetic looks, all were met with a blank stare and deafening silence. Unsettled, they had quickly fled, leaving the young Jedi to his tortured thoughts once again.

Setting the photo down, Anakin slowly moved over to the couch and took a seat next to his companion.

"Obi-Wan?"

The softly spoken words garnered no reaction, not even the blink of a long reddish-gold eyelash.

"I'm sorry," Anakin began hesitantly. "I didn't know him for very long, but he was kind and.."

"Don't!"

The one word, although whispered in a near sob, seemed to echo loudly in the room. Uncertain how to respond, Anakin slowly reached out and lightly touched the soft fabric of the robe that was clutched tightly around Obi-Wan.

"This was his, wasn't it?"

The figure next to him seemed to shudder, before the head turned to the side, just enough for him to get a glimpse of frozen gray eyes.

"Go.Away."

Pulling back, Anakin tried not to let the words sting.

"I don't know where to go," he admitted in a voice thick with unshed tears.

Obi-Wan suddenly shot to his feet, arms wrapped tightly around his body he glanced around the room wildly.

"I'll go then! I have to go," he muttered to himself, before striding toward the door.

Scrambling off of the couch, Anakin hurried after him.

"Where are you going? What am I suppossed to do?" he asked in a panicked voice.

Halting abruptly, his back still facing the boy, Obi-Wan answered harshly.

"I need to be alone Anakin! I.. I need to be able to breath, without tripping over you, or anyone else whose eager to mouth their platitudes at me!"

"But.." Anakin began , only to snap his mouth shut as the young Jedi spun around.

Blue-gray eyes burned with seething emotion, the features he had only seen softened and serene, were sharpened into ste
  22. Shaindl Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, that was so sad! Truly heartbreaking and beautifully written. I'm so glad that Anakin could get through to him somehow, even if it was with his own tears.

I don't know why you're surprised by the reaction to this fic - you're a fantastic writer - and many, many people know it. Lovely work, OE.

More soon?

Evil Sith Woman Shaindl :D
  23. VadeyFan2002 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hi,o_e, here I am.

I'm a bit sad, that you begam with Qui's death. That take away the opportunity on showing his reaction on Xan's return.
    You don't like him, do you.
    And yes I'm well aware that most of your reader couldn't stand Qui.
    Am I the only one who likes him in general?
    And no I'm not happy about the way he treaded Obi in regard of Anakin either.

But all in all I'm happy you started and it was a very good begining.
    And I like that you have combined to two bunnies rather than being hunted by ideas for two different new stories.

I'm currious what you will make of it and sure that I will love this as well as the other of your fics.

[face_love] Vadey

EDIT: I missed your second post, so I edit this reply.

The Council gave Anakin into the care of the greatly imbalanced Obi_Wan? How odd, as Yoda worries much about his touching the dark side during his fight with Maul.

Does he Yoda wants Xan to have an eye on them?
    Obi wont like that very much, at least in the beggining.

And no matter how concerned Xan is about Obi's state of mind/ soul, babysitting a Knight / Padawan pair wont sit well with him either.

Or should Xan take over Ani's training?
    Again so manny questions.
  24. Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master

star 4
    Darkside Obi?

[face_hopeful]

Blast- the Brat lived. And here I was hoping that it was Xani who would break through to him.

Shoo! Brat Shoo!

More tomorrow Right O-E!?
  25. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    "I need to be alone Anakin! I.. I need to be able to breath, without tripping over you, or anyone else whose eager to mouth their platitudes at me!"

**wince** Ouch.

A great look into a different way Obi-Wan could have handled the incredible grief of his Master's death. And beautifully written, as always. ;)

I'm glad Anakin could get through to Obi-Wan enough for the Knight to accept comfort--but how long will that last? :confused:

Wonderful post! :D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.