main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lying From You-AU- Xan/Obi Epilogue-Complete 12/08!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **runs from story crying her eyes off at this last post**

PT

2. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    This isn't good. Not good at all.

**shakes head**

After all, with that beautiful post, you're making the rest of us look bad, obi_ew. :D

If ever there was a story installment that could render one speechless, that was it. Your description of Xanatos was absolutely, completely perfect. ;)

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    dying to know more about the last ten years. more more more

4. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    You've become quite good at conveying physical appearances, OE, for which I am most grateful [face_love]

Oh, Xan! You should know better than to listen to Buckethead :_| But don't worry, his blue ghost is around there somewhere--probably off whispering to Anakin :mad: grrr

5. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    What to say. Intresting, sad, fascinate story you have here oe. Cant wait to se how it will unfold. :)

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Supreme Goddess of all things Garen Am I bumming you out? :p

HHP [face_devil]

astro My you all are mighty curious about Xan's past! [face_laugh]

JKH Background story? What's that? :D

Vadey Hum. You may be onto something! ;)

diane :) Thanks!

Sheila See! No posty! :D

Jacen Welcome! Many flashbacks in store! :D

dp I knew that Obikin posty would please you! ;)

froggy :(

Thalia I've already developed a split personality! :p

PT Aw! Come back! :(

LE If ever there was a story installment that could render one speechless, that was it. Your description of Xanatos was absolutely, completely perfect. [face_blush] That's means alot!

PK soon soon soon :D

Jade No Mr deCrepit on this thread missy! [face_laugh]

Aquas Thanks my friend! :)

I hope to get something ready in the next day or two. Ideas are flowing for this, while I'm struggling with Somewhere . :( Thrilled you guys aren't sick and tired of my Obi/Xan obsession yet! Like I told Sheila the other day, the two of them have become joined at the hip in my sick little mind! :p [face_love]

7. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    the two of them are joined at the hip in my sick little mind

LMAO...

*will not comment, will not comment, will not comment*

*bites her tongue in effort to be quiet...*

8. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    ooohhh! I've been gone way too long if you've managed to write more Obi/Xan!!!! This is so sad... but great, keep going!

9. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    JKH Dirty thoughts! Dirty thoughts! :p

Nikita You have been gone ages! :( Nice to see you again! :)

Special thanks to Bekah_K for allowing me to use the adorable nickname she created for Obi-Wan. :)

CHAPTER FOUR

A cloud of sadness hung over the open chapel as the Jedi that had congregated stood in silence, paying final tribute to their fallen comrade. Nature even seemed to pause for a few brief seconds in order to mourn one who had been so close to the Living Force.

Holding himself stiffly, Xanatos peered up from underneath the hood he had pulled low over his face, concealing himself from any stray glances. Standing directly behind Master's Yoda and Windu, he had an unobstructed view of the young man who stood across the room.

Qui-Gon's pride and joy, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Hooded also, Obi-Wan stared at the flames that consumed his mentor's remains with dry unblinking eyes. The young man had certainly blossomed since the last time Xanatos had seen him. In place of the gawky, uncertain child he remembered, stood an attractive and visibly powerful Jedi.

As he continued to study his padawan brother, Xanatos' gaze was drawn to the boy who stood next to Obi-Wan. Noticeably uneasy in his present company, he began to fidget , drawing his companion's notice.

Turning to face the boy, Obi-Wan's face was briefly flooded with something that bordered on resentment. Quick to conceal it, the young Jedi spoke softly, his words seeming to reassure the boy, who nodded and stilled.

Xanatos felt his breath catch in his throat as Obi-Wan's head slowly faced forward, his luminous eyes traveling over the assembly of Jedi. Ducking his head quickly, Xanatos tensed as he felt that probing stare halt directly on him.

A tendril of Force power reached out to scan him, the two Jedi Master's tightening the shield they had erected to conceal him. Tense minutes passed, as they hoped that Obi-Wan's attention would soon be diverted.

A sudden spike resounded through the dormant training bond that Xanatos had once shared with Qui-Gon. It was familiar and heavy with shocked disbelief, and outrage. The solemnity of the ocassion was shattered by a deep Core accented voice, raised in anger.

"What is he doing here!?"

Startled glances traveled from Obi-Wan's enraged face, toward the cloaked figure who raised his head with reluctance. As pale hands pushed back the hood, a chorus of shocked exclamations rang out.

"Sent for him we did. Discuss this later we will," Master Yoda explained firmly.

Wide eyed, Anakin watched as Obi-Wan took several threatening steps forward, his eyes locked on the other man and flashing with ire.

"He has no right to be here!"

Mace and Yoda exchanged a troubled glance as they felt the young Jedi's rage echo through the Force.

"Xanatos, maybe..." Mace began, only to have the younger man cut him off.

""It's alright Master Windu, I'll go," Xanatos assured him, moving forward in order to leave.

The majority of those that watched the scene unfold studied him with mere curiousity, not having known him during his days as an apprentice. Only a select few were filled with disbelief at his presence.

Halting briefly between the burning pyre and his padawan brother, Xanatos surveyed the young man with sadness.

"I'm deeply sorry for your loss, and I don't want to add to your pain. Qui-Gon and I had made peace with one another, and I loved him, and mourn his passing also," he explained gently.

"You liar!" Obi-Wan gasped, his eyes narrowing to mere slits.

An expression of hurt briefly flickered over Xanatos' pale features, before he smoothed it over.

"You and I have much to discuss Kobi," he informed the younger man.

With a last lingering glance at the burning pyre, Xanatos made his way out of the room. Obi-Wan stared after him, a mixture of tears and anger burning in his blue-gray eyes, as he watched the man he had loved, admired and worshipped at one time, walk away.

10. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Tragic and touching, oe. What else is there to say? Nobody does wounded, hurting, lost-in-anguish Obi better than you.
    And nobody makes Xan quite as mouth-wateringly gorgeous. :D

CYN

11. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    So in your version Obi and Xan knew one another before Badomere (I've writen it wrong,haven't I?)

Btw, that damnable Plot Bunny approached me again this morning with a new piont of view.
    I think I will handle it myself this time, instead of throwing it at the overworked you.
    But I would welcome your help with infos about the books playing before TPM.
    As I told you, I don't know them and I don't want to write nonsens.
    And I hope to get your permision to name him de Ciron.

Back to your post, I think Obi devaluated the ceromony, by giving in to anger even if it is understandable.

[face_love] Vadey

12. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Obi is just having so many problems... Too much too fast, me thinks. Keep pushing, Xani!

13. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Uh-oh. That wasn't how things were supposed to go. :( So Xan must have left the Jedi, or the Temple at least, for some reason, and Qui was mad at him for a time. And he obviously didn't turn, because Obi says he admired him once. Hmmmm. Must ... have ... more! :D

14. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Obi and Xan need to make amends! It seems that Xan has excepted Qui's death fully, but Obi's still having trouble. WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!! GREAT POST!!!!!!!

15. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    oooh, wonderful

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Interesting and intriguing....hummmmm. Xan was admired by Obi-Wan at one time but not now....I'll be interested to see how you go with this one!

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    ohhhh- you just love playing with our minds, don't you?

18. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Beautifully written confrontation, o_e. You described Obi-Wan's sorrow and outrage with such piercing distinctness.

Great job. :)

19. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Obi-Wan stared after him, a mixture of tears and anger burning in his blue-gray eyes, as he watched the man he had loved, admired and worshipped at one time, walk away. :eek:

Now there is definitely a story in there and I can't wait until you reveal all. It was painful to see Obi-Wan lose his composure like that at Qui-Gon's funeral, very unlike the Obi-Wan we usually see. Great post oe :)

20. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    "You and I have much to discuss Kobi," he informed the younger man.

With a last lingering glance at the burning pyre, Xanatos made his way out of the room. Obi-Wan stared after him, a mixture of tears and anger burning in his blue-gray eyes, as he watched the man he had loved, admired and worshipped at one time, walk away.

Now either there is a typo or Kobi is a nickname that Xani gave obi and am waiting to hear the story on that one...

And that last part...WONDERFUL!!! But you must explain that to us PLEASE??

Can not wait to read more..Keep up the good work..

PT

21. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    What a fantastic reworking of the funeral scene from TPM! So heartbreaking and like someone said (Sheila, maybe?) it was almost painful to read about Obi's emotions. Beautifully handled.

Do you have any idea how glad I am you decided to start writing this? :D This is already an incredible story!

Shaindl

22. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Hey Xanatos, maybe Obi-Wan wants nothing to do with you, but I won't mind the company [face_love]

Wow, I wonder what Anakin thought about all that! Or do we not care what he thinks? :D

23. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    This time it is the rigth place. Any way
    the hostile form Obi-Wan side it`s
    quite interesting.

24. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Cyn I think you and Red have the market cornered on wounded Obi! ;) And nobody makes Xan quite as mouth-wateringly gorgeous That makes me so proud! :)

Vadey Pm me and we'll talk! :)

Thalia I think so too! :(

HHP Curious little hobbit aren't you? :p

dp :(

froggy :)

diane Me too! :p

PK [face_devil]

LE [face_blush]

Sheila There is? Tell me so I can write it! :D

PT It's a nickname. I explain my version in the next post. ;)

Shaindl [face_blush] You just love to feed my ego don't you? :D

Jade Anakin has a role in this! :D

Aquas He will be different! :eek:

Hope to have a new post up Wednesday or Thursday. Half written! :D

25. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    ok, finished reading 'the face inside.' and still no new posty here? *shakes head and goes to read another of Obi-ew's fics.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.