main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lying From You-AU- Xan/Obi Epilogue-Complete 12/08!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    My Garen! Here! I'm in heaven! :D

Wonderful post, OE. I think Obi-Wan is going to explode when he learns that Garen and Xan have been keeping some rather large secrets from him. I'll be interested in learning what those secrets are - and why Garen knows and Obi doesn't.

Great work!

Shaindl

EDIT: 100th post! Woo hoo! Congrats on another huge success!

2. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003

*drools*

*brain does not function*

*is looking at Garen[lucky boy, he gets to hug fresh-from-shower Xani [face_pout], Kobi [face_love], and Xani.... [face_love]* *dreamy sigh*

*sees the Brat*

*gags and dies*

WHY HIM??!!??! :_| :_| :_|

3. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Garen
    Xan
    showers

_~u.u~_

melted froggy

4. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Oh, oh, adding to Obi's grieve and anger for Xan being at the templehe will be fell betrayed by and himself not trustworthy enough to all those he trusted, respected and loved.
    Yoda, Mace, Garen, his own Master; and what of Bant? Did she new too? That would realy give him the rest. He always had the complex that he wasn't worthy and capable enough, this will only add to it and brink back the memory of Qui renouncing him in favour for Anakin at the Council meeting.

How to keep him from the dark and from being absolutely desilosionated and more importent who is left who wasn't somehow involved?

I feel sorry for Kobi, Vadey

5. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Wow! MY Garen! ( :p Shaindl)
    So many handsome guys at the same time. It could almost be too much to bear for us. Almost!
    What a nice post! [face_love]

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I just knew it would be Garen! I did! The Force told me so! What's this mission where Xan used the Darkside? What secrets have he and Garen been keeping from our poor Kobi? And most importantly, when do we get to see Garen fresh out of the shower?! [face_love]

*runs off to find pictures for another "special" reply* I'll be sure to include wet Xani :D

7. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    *melts into a pile of Lava*

Glad I inspired you!

More now?

*Thudding*

8. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    JadeSolo -- when do we get to see Garen fresh out of the shower?!

Oh, what a mental picture... *faints*

Oh by the way, o_e, I made a drawing of Xanatos a few months ago. You can check it out there if you want, and tell me what you think about it! ;)

9. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Nat!

Just checked out your drawing - you've never mentioned that talent before! You're really good!

So when am I going to get to see a Garen picture? :D

Shaindl

10. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    THAT LOOKS AWESOME NAT

11. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    lol There is one, I'm just not as proud of it.
    Garen

*runs to hide somewhere far away* [face_blush]

12. Shaindl

Jun 18, 2002
    Ha! Knew you had to have done one! :D

What's wrong with it? It's just as good as the one of Xan. Sigh. I wish I could draw, but I can barely draw a straight line with a ruler. :D

13. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Honestly- I like the Garen one better- gives me something else to drool over, I guess.

14. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    I'm so envious of people who can draw! :mad: Although I enjoyed the Xan one Nat, I have to agree with JKH. I love the one of Garen! :) Thank you for sharing them on my thread! :) That's the face I will always picture as I write. ;)

* camps out to wait for Jade's new treat *

15. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Disclaimer: Jade is not responsible for any keyboard shortages resulting from excessive drooling. After all, I put off making dinner and writing cover letters for my resume to do this (and had a GOOD time!). And besides, I don't have any money--but y'all can give me some, if you like :D (did I just say y'all?! :eek: )

Garen & Xan! (we need to officially cast Garen!)

[image=http://www.justcolin.com/images/col28.jpg]

Mace & Xan, a couple of bad mutha--shut yo mouth! [face_laugh]

[image=http://colin-farrell.org/swat/sjcfsubwayplatform.jpg]

Xan says, "I love you, Maria. Come hither!"

[image=http://colin-farrell.org/gallery/images/intfeb.jpg]

And of course, we can't forget...Wet Xani!! He feels that this form of bathing gives more women the opportunity to watch (and wash) him. What a considerate man! [face_love]

[image=http://colin-farrell.org/gallery/images/vfrogue6.jpg]

EDIT: how could I forget? Great drawings, Nat!

16. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    **grabs bucket before drool can saturate the carpet**

[face_blush]

Geez, what a post, obi_ew! :D Wonderful descriptions and dialogue, as always.

And, since everyone else has already addressed the dreaminess of the three main characters, I won't elaborate.

And, since y'all are so enthralled by Xan and Garen...Can I have Obi-Wan? [face_devil]

[face_laugh]

Beautiful sketches, Nat. I've drawn quite a few Obi-Wan's (and Ewan's!), but I always go off a real picture. What a talent you have! ;)

17. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    So it isn't just the council in on the deception. hmmmm

Great drawings Nat- I love the Garen pic :)

18. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Terrific post oe. :)

Xan fresh out of the shower. [face_love]

Somehow I think if Obi-Wan is already walking a fine line, finding out that his now dead master and his friend have been keeping things from him, not to mention Xan who he obviously had a good relationship with at one time, is going to send him off that edge. I just hope they can save him from himself. :_|

And, since y'all are so enthralled by Xan and Garen...Can I have Obi-Wan? [face_laugh]

As much as I love Xan and Garen, I am with you LE, can we share? :D

Great pictures Nat. :)

19. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Wow thanks, everybody! [face_blush] I'm glad you liked them.

JadeSolo, I don't know if the problem comes from my computer, but I can only see the first picture. :(
    Well it's nice all the same! I can't recognize the actor on the left, though. Who is he? He looks pretty close to the idea I have of Garen.
    We should try and find a picture of both of them with longer hair... ;)

20. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Very nice drawings, Nat - imaginative and creative and arresting. And the post? Goes nicely with the drawings!

But I'm with LE - as nice as the additions are, I'll stick to the original.

As for actual actors to play these yummy roles, I'm not much of a Farrell fan; he's a bit too flambouyantly Rebel (capitolization intended) for my taste. For my part, if I had to cast the parts, I think I could see Jude Law as Garen (lovely eyes, yummy bod, etc.) As for Xan, I think a tiny bit of brooding - even menace - is called for. Antonio Banderas, perhaps - or even hunky Viggo (although I doubt I'll ever see him as ANYONE but Aragorn henceforth).

This is a bit of a different stroke in the Obi/Xan/Garen genre - with a conspiratorial feel to it - and I wonder, along with some other reviewers, at what point Obi-Wan will come to a realization of complete betrayal and question his allegiance to an order that apparently doesn't trust him enough to allow him into 'the loop'. So will this be the story in which our lovely, beloved hero will tell the mighty Jedi to bug off, as they sometimes seem to deserve - or will he be ever forgiving, ever self-effacing, ever the victim? And is it really Dark to be outraged over being betrayed? Depends, I guess, on one's 'point of view'. Now where have I heard that before? :D

Really interesting, oe. Hope to read more soon.

CYN

21. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    **Is fanning herself wildly** Whew! I didn't know if I'd survive a wet Xani with only a shower!

Secrets, huh? Obi is not going to be pleased. **sighs contentedly** Another OE fic is well underway with all of it's Xani-Obi goodness...

22. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Uh-oh. Hope that Obi won't go completely Dark when he realizes he's been left in the dark for all these years. And nice visual of Xan in the beginning of that post! ;)

23. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl I kinda thought you might enjoy seeing him! ;)

Jaid I have trouble writing obnoxious Anakin any longer. This one will be a good kid. :)

froggy [face_laugh] Green goo!

Vadey I feel sorry for him too. :(

Nat Thank you. :) Just another thanks for sharing your drawings.

Jade Garen in the shower huh? Hum..

JKH It was just for you! :D

LE Obi is still my guy too! [face_love]

PK :(

Sheila Obi-Wan won't take it well. :(

Cyn :eek: You've given me a lot to think about! Thank you! :)

Thalia [face_blush] Aw thanks!

HHP You know all about Dark Obi's don't you missy?! ;)

CHAPTER SEVEN

"Sit."

Drawing the ill fitting robe close, Obi-Wan reluctantly sat crossed legged on one of the huge floor pillows that were arranged around a low table. Slanted green eyes made certain he was settled before their owner shuffled over with a cup that had whisps of steam rising off of it.

"Drink."

His refusal quickly died on his lips with one warning glare from the green knowing orbs. Sighing, Obi-Wan wrapped both hands around the cup and brought it up to his mouth. The liquids aroma had him drawing back in distaste, the penetrating stare leveled on him overpowering it. Taking a ginger sip, his eyes widened in surprise as the flavor exploded on his taste buds.

"Good hum?"

Nodding he drank deeply, emptying the cup in a matter of seconds. Chuckling, Master Yoda refilled it before sitting down across from the young man. Obi-Wan had to force himself not to fidget under the penetrating stare of the little gnome.

"Confused and hurt you are. Feeling lost and betrayed you are hum?"

His hands tightened dangerously around the cup, Obi-Wan's long lashes fell to conceal the expression in his eyes.

"I've just lost my teacher, my father figure. To make matters worse, the man who caused him so much pain over the years is allowed to attend his funeral. How am I supposed to feel?" he asked through clenched teeth.

"Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them," was Yoda's mystifying reply.

Before Obi-Wan could question him, the Jedi Master changed the direction of the conversation.

"Concerned the Council is about you."

Pale arresting features tightened into harsh lines, the blue-gray eyes going cool.

"I'm fine. I just need time to grieve."

Disappointment filled Yoda's eyes at the belligerent reply.

"Killed in anger you did youngling, and refuse to discuss it you do. Dangerous is this path you are following," he warned sternly.

Setting the cup down with a jarring thud, Obi-Wan's gaze skipped around the room in order to avoid the unrelenting stare.

"I don't understand why everyone is so certain that I am drifting toward the Darkside. Am I so weak that the Council believes I would turn away from years of training so easily?" he demanded, his entire body visibly humming with tension.

Sighing loudly, Yoda leaned on his gimmer stick. "Suffered much you have, understandable your pain. Not so understandable is your refusal to accept help. Decision on your request has been delayed indefinitely until able to judge your mental state fully we are."

Stunned silence followed his announcement, Obi-Wan clearly offended by his thinly veiled suggestion of instability.

"Master Yoda. I made a promise to Qui-Gon!"

"Wrong he was to demand so much from you! Not ready for this burden are you," the Jedi Master told him gently but firmly.

Holding the wizened Jedi's stare, Obi-Wan saw something fleeting move through the green depths.

"The Council has already made a decision, haven't they?" he asked in disbelieving tones.

Ears drooping, Master Yoda tried to make him see sense.

"Powerful in the Force is young Skywalker, but difficult his training will be. He needs someone seasoned and knowledgeable about life outside of the Order to keep him on the right path. Strong and wise you are Obi-Wan, but much too young for this challenge," he explained gently.

The young Je

24. Aquas_Knight

Aquas_Knight Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2002
    Two quite fascinated chapters. The different is very noticeable
    between this obi and the other obi you write
    great job.

25. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Huddling into the folds of Qui-Gon's robe, he hurried from the room without a backwards glance. In the wake of his departure, Yoda closed his eyes and settled into a deep meditation.

The Force had been stubbornly silent on the subject of young Kenobi's future.

Oh. :( Him burying himself into his slain Master's robe seems like he's trying to latch onto an existence that died on Naboo. Really touching, obi_ew. ;)

But that last line... [face_worried]

EDIT: I don't really see the Colin Farrel as Xanatos thing either...But Johnny Depp, on the other hand. [face_mischief]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.