main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lying From You-AU- Xan/Obi Epilogue-Complete 12/08!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    You do realize that you're scaring the Sith out of us, don't you?

Write - more - soon!

CYN

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Uh oh. Are they putting Ani into Xan's (strong, manly, capable) hands?

A scene from the "I touched the Dark Side while avenging a loved one" help group:

YODA, the moderator: Younglings, a new friend we have today. Obi-Wan Kenobi. Welcome him.

EVERYONE, in monotone: Hello, Obi-Wan.

OBI-WAN, a devestatingly handsome, newly-minted Jedi Knight clad in an off-white silk shirt and (squeaky) skin-tight dark brown leather pants, flops unceremoniously into a chair, scowling heavily.

OBI-WAN: Greetings, pathetic life-forms.

YODA: Who would like to begin the healing today, hmm? Young Skywalker, thoughts you have for sharing?

ANAKIN SKYWALKER, 20 years old and quite the hottie, stands and sweeps his cloak behind him with a dramatic flourish. His expression is dark, his blue-eyed stare intense. Several females in the group drool.

ANAKIN: I...I killed them. Every single one of them. Not just the men, but the--

OBI-WAN makes a loud booing noise.

OBI-WAN: Nobody cares, Chosen One.

He flashes a Rouge Obi grin at the females, who drool and swoon.

YODA: Interrupt you will not, Obi-Wan! Show respect you will! The Dark Side I sense in yoouuuuuuuu--!

Yoda starts flying through the air, spinning, tumbling, loop-de-looping. All eyes turn to Obi-Wan, who has a suspicious smirk on his face.

OBI-WAN: What? It's not me! (points) It's him.

All eyes turn to the newest arrival. XANATOS DECRION, uber-scrumptious, dripping wet from a recent shower, clad in a sapphire silk shirt and (not squeaky) skin-tight black leather pants, a seductive smile on his face. The females drool, swoon, fall out of their chairs, and melt into little puddles.

XAN: Hey, Troll Man. How do you like being at my eye level?

ANAKIN: I'm not done with my confession!

XAN: Go blow yourself out an airlock, kid. Like the Rouge Man said, no one cares.

LUKE SKYWALKER pipes up: I care!

XAN (smirking): You two are just jealous because you know you're not as good-looking as the Dashing Darksiders. (to Obi-Wan) Let's blow this popsicle stand and go pick up some girls.

OBI-WAN: Right with you, Leather Man.

They stride away, an amazing view of their departure causing the still-melted females to evaporate completely. Yoda makes a few more circuits around the room and crash-land into a table lined with glasses of blue milk, muttering something about good looks being of the Dark Side.

Hmmm, maybe a Dark Obi isn't such a bad thing [face_love]

3. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Scary obi

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
  5. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    "Not only did I fail Qui-Gon in life, but now thanks to the Council, I will fail him in death also!" :_|

And the part where he's wearing Qui's robe was sad too! :( But Obi's scaring me too! [face_shocked]

6. clark1016

clark1016 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2001
    Just dropping a line to say I'm still reading, and I like it.

Also, I think it was very nice of JadeSolo to put both Obi and Xan in leather pants up there. Can I have directions to that support group meeting?

7. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Wow...what wonderful last two chapters..one full of hurt and the other full on anger...

Can not wait to read more..Keep up the good work...

PT

8. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I knew when you told me about this little plot bunny that it was going to scare me, now I know that I am not alone. Great post oe. I can't believe how good you are at portraying these characters, you have written an entirely new and yet believable side to Obi-Wan. I can't wait to see what's next, even if I will have to watch from behind the hands covering my eyes. :D

"You want to know what is troubling me?" Obi-Wan asked in a near whisper. "Not only did I fail Qui-Gon in life, but now thanks to the Council, I will fail him in death also!" :_|

That just broke my heart. :(

9. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    o-e, I'm intrigued! I demand daily! no hourly! updates on this fic!!!

ROTFLMAO @ Jade!

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I hope Yoda is planning on providing a chaperone or a dozen when the two meet for their "talk"

Jade- that was too funny; especially whrn Luke pops in

11. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Now he feels even Yoda has betrayed him. It's going to be tough to make him listen to people.

Let's hope Xan can do something for him... with a little help from Garen?? :D

12. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    So I guessed right, the Council sent for Xan so that he can be Master to Anakin.

Perhaps the two could share the difficult job somehow. Obi could provide all the things about diplomatic missions and such, while Xan is there for his experience with life outside of the Order. Understanding Ani's situation and how to handle him a bit more than the rest of the rule-bound Jedi.

Where is Bant than we need to talk some sense into Obi?

All those connected to Qui-Gon have a real subborn streak on them, don't they.
    The question is where did he get it from, Dokuu or Yoda? (my guess is from both, adding to one another)

*(btw. AQ had found some time to beta)

[face_love] Vadey

13. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Xan as his Master?

*shudders*

poor Xan!

Maybe they should just send the boy to a pilots' school.

14. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I don't remember who suggested it, but I like the idea of Ani having two masters. Has anyone ever read Julie's stories? Kind of like that, only with Xan instad of Qui.

Obi is certainly depressed! He needs help. He makes me sad. Nobody wants a sad Thalia, do they?

15. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Oh, OE, what are you doing to us? Everyone has a breaking point, and I think Obi might fast be approaching his. Somebody better help him fast - or they'd all better watch their backs.

Great work - can't wait to see Xan and Obi's discussion!

Shaindl

16. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Aquas I'm glad he seems a little different. :)

LE Johnny Depp? Well Jade has him slated as my OC Desimir! ;)

Cyn Why? [face_plain] - innocent look-

Jade You are a riot! [face_laugh]

froggy Really? [face_plain]

HHP It was rather depressing! :(

clark1016 I'm glad! :)

PT Thank you! :D

Sheila Is he that different than your rogue Obi? :p

JKH Hourly? :eek:

PK Someone may need a bodyguard! ;)

Nat Garen will be around! ;)

Vadey Two Master's for Ani?

JKH Shame on you! :p

Thalia I certainly don't want a sad Thalia! ;)

Shaindl :)

17. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Thanks Sheila ! [face_love]

CHAPTER EIGHT

Standing at the back of the group, ten year old Obi-Wan watched as his agemates took turns performing their aerial skills for Master Koon. This had always been his favorite class and he excelled at it. Master Koon often commented this his average height and compact frame were perfect for aerial fighting.

His sparring sessions with Xanatos often left him feeling inadequate, the padawan's height and athletic build a constant reminder of what he would never be able to attain, no matter how hard he worked. It had actually been Xanatos' suggestion that he explore this aspect of his training.

The thought of the padawan brought a smile to his face. Over the years they had developed an almost brotherly relationship, spending as much of their free time together as possible. Xanatos had even invited him along on excursions into Coruscants shopping district, Master Jinn often coming along.

Obi-Wan found the Jedi Master to be intimidating and austere. Their meetings often left him feeling tongue tied and in awe.

"Obi!"

Hearing his voice whispered urgently, he turned to find Bant standing in the doorway gesturing at him. Checking to make certain that Master Koon was preoccupied, he hurried over to find out what had his friend so agitated. Barely waiting for him to reach her, Bant burst out with her news.

"They just arrived back Obi! They brought him to the Healers and I knew that you would want to know!"

His heart dropping at her words, he grasped her arms tightly.

"Who Bant?" he demanded.

"Xanatos," she said gently, her silver eyes clearly worried.

The blood draining from his face, he stared at her in horror.

"I.. is he...?"

"Oh no Obi!" she quickly sought to reassure him. "It's a minor wound, but I thought you would want to know anyway."

Breathing a sigh of relief, he nodded and pushed her out the door. "I want to go see him."

"What about your class?" Bant asked worriedly as they hurried down the hall.

"I'll just have to hope that Master Koon will understand," he told her as they dodged the Jedi in their path.

Bursting through the Healers Ward doors, he eyed her questioningly which prompted her to lead the way to a room down the hall. Peeking inside she turned to him with an anxious look on her face.

"Healer Winna is still with him. Maybe you should wait."

At the negative shake of his head, she sighed and stepped aside. Entering the room, he leaned back against the door and waited for his presence to be noticed.

"You need to stay off of it for at least a week in order for it to heal completely," Winna's gentle voice was saying firmly.

"I don't have time for that. We leave in two days on another mission," a familiar husky voice replied.

Sighing loudly, the Healer shook her head. "I could have you put on medical restriction you know?"

Obi-Wan grinned as a deep chuckle sounded at her threat.

"You'd be vetoed this time hon. The Council wants me up and about."

"Damn Council!" Winna muttered, causing Obi-Wan to giggle.

Turning around, she smiled warmly when she saw him.

"Ah young Obi-Wan! Maybe you can talk some sense into your friend!" she exclaimed, moving over to pat him on the shoulder. "I'll leave you to keep him out of trouble while I get his papers together."

Once the door shut behind her, Obi-Wan approached the side of the bed, his bright eyes carefully surveying Xanatos for injury.

Dressed in nothing more than a pair of brief shorts, the young man had a large bacta strip applied to his left knee. His long black hair was tousled, his face tired and wan. The smile he gave Obi-Wan didn't seem to reach his sapphire eyes.

"What are you doing here Kobi?"

Shrugging, Obi-Wan rested his hands on the beds safety rail. "Bant said you were hurt so I came to make sure you were alright."

His expression softening, Xanatos reached out to cup his cheek.

"I'm fine. It was just a scratch, but thank you for worrying about me."

Blushing, Obi-Wan bowed his he

18. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Shame on me? Why? What did I do, now?

Do I even have any shame?

Awe...

:) [face_plain] :( :_| :_| :_|

(me while reading this fic!)

yay! first reply- that hasn't happened in a while!

19. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Yes! First again! :p Ah, how I delight in the little things--a morning post before I go off to my (one) class for the day.

Not since I hauled off and socked him one! [face_laugh] Bad Obi!

EDIT: Nope, not first :( Oh well.

Funny how Xan gives Obi-Wan an amulet to ward off the Darkside and says don't ever take it off--it's almost like he knows what's going to happen to him and is protecting Obi-Wan :( What drama! What angst! And tomorrow, on As The Temple Turns....

20. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Ooh, Xan knew before they left for Telos? Now there's a twist! Their interactions are so well written OE - I just love what you're doing with it. Can't wait for more!

Shaindl

21. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I don't even know how to begin.

OK - I'm convinced. Somebody call out the Jedi SWAT team - because the Sith have definitely managed to make oe turn dark; that's the only possible explanation.

Oh, my poor, adorable, soon-to-be-heartbroken little Obi.

I do hope, dear author, that - somewhere down the road -Yoda, the Council, Xan, Garen, anybody else even remotely involved, and Blue Ghostie Qui-Gon are going to pay - and pay - and pay for their treachery. I'm not inclined to be forgiving.

CYN

22. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    I'm curious, did Qui kown what to come too, or had he found out later?

I got the impresion that Xan was going to leave for a long time, right before I read it.
    Is Winny involved too, cause she knew that she couldn't stop Xan from leaving still injured, against the Councils order?

[face_love] Vadey

23. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Jedi SWAT team What a movie that would make! Funny, I think Xan is on the team, according to OE...Colin... [face_love]

24. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Poor little Kobi and even poorer Xan. Sniffle. you just had to make the froggy cry.

_~{u.u}~_

...|~.~|...
    ~~~~~~~

25. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Fine. I'll just picture Xan as Johnny in my head. :D And Orlando Bloom can be Garen...

Geez..they should make a movie out of this, obi_ew. The theatres would be packed ![face_love]

A really touching, but mysterious (of course!) post. The 'Kobi' nickname just melts my heart. It's so sweet and original.

Poor Xanatos. :( He's obviously in pain, but can't let on to his young friend.

Can't wait for more. This is really spectacular, obi_ew. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.