main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lying From You-AU- Xan/Obi Epilogue-Complete 12/08!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    sniffle sniffle

2. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  3. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Good interaction between Obi and Gar.
    I'm sure Obi and Yoda will keep an sharp eye on the developement of the Council.

Oh, Maria. I'm in such a silly mode today.

When I read the comment about Obi collecting robes of dead Jedi, I thought that if Obi starts to collecting cloaks he could hand Qui's saber to Ani. So Ani could begin to collect lightsabers of dead Jedi as a substitute for the collection he might have had, had he turned and joint Palpy.

And after reading Xan's complain about feeling lonely and I guess bored, I got the picture in my head about a short story about Qui, being a man of action, getting bored of being mushy, joins Xan in the efford to bring harvock into the force.

It reminded me on a fic where Luke found a holochrom in Obi's hovel on Tatooine and he switched it on in hope to get some answers about the force and Jedi training.
    Well it was a holochron of Qui-Gon and no one had ever turned it on before.
    Well it got Qui's personality and he questioned Luke instead of what happened since his death. Soon after being inited, Qui took controll over the energies of the device and started to alter the possibilities of his movements and so on. When Luke thought about turning the holochron off again, Qui stated that he can't expect him to get back into the device after he let the Jinn out of it.
    It showed so clear that Qui would follow no rule even in a form of afterlife.

I Am in a silly mood today, for I realized I should have PMed you the story instead of babling on about it here as a comment on your post. Sorry!

[face_love] Vadey

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Cyn I went back and changed that last line. I think it was mis leading. Xan is dead. No surprise returns! ;)

Crystal No plans for a sequel. Going to get Reflection rolling. :)

diane I knew that would please you. :D

Captain Aww! Get well soon. :)

Sheila Hope todays ties up any other loose ends. :)

Xan :( I'm so sorry love!

HHP You find out about one of those robes today. :D

Bekah I'm so glad you all enjoyed it. [face_love]

PK aww! :(

JTJG :p

Vadey I think I've read that fic and don't feel bad about babbling. :D

See ya Monday with the epilogue. :(

CHAPTER EIGHTY-ONE

Geoff ran a hand down the front of his new uniform before straightening to watch the pair that were making their way through the throng of people who were currently milling around in the lobby of the Republic Executive Building. As his gaze traveled over the older of the two, a faint smile curved his lips.

Although Obi-Wan had returned to the Jedi Order, he hadn't completely relinquished the freedom he'd experienced for the last five years. Instead of the sand colored tunics that the majority of the Jedi favored, he had chosen to wear clothing smililar to what Xanatos had preferred in a sort of tribute.

Currently he sported black pants tucked into black boots, a white tunic and the black robe that had been Xanatos'. His late mentor's lightsabre was clipped to his belt and was the final touch to his new persona.

"Geoff!"

Obi-Wan pulled him into a warm hug, before pulling back and surveying his uniform with a raised eyebrow.

"Don't you look professional!" he teased his young friend.

Blushing underneath his tan, Geoff gently shoved the Jedi away with a mock frown.

"I thought I'd bring a little class to the position that was sadly lacking in my two predecessors!"

Ignoring the rude snort Obi-Wan emitted, he offered the young man who watched them with a grin on his face, a warm smile.

"Hello Anakin. I see you have survived your first few months as his apprentice."

Moving forward to shake his hand, Anakin shot his new master a sideways glance. "Just barely."

Shaking his head as the two younger man laughed at his expense, Obi-Wan grew serious for a few moments. "I'm so glad they offered you the position Geoff. You'll make an excellent Chief of Security for the new Chancellor."

"Only because I learned from the best," the younger man told him with a wink.

Obi-Wan smiled faintly before eyeing his apprentice piercingly. Anakin's attention had been captured by a small group of girls who stood nearby and shot him welcoming glances while whispering amongst themselves. When he offered them a wide smile and bow, they giggled loudly and batted their lashes.

"Anakin," Obi-Wan said in a warning tone.

Turning to face his master, the young man's eyes took on a mutinous look as his lips thinned. Holding his mentor's look for several challenging seconds, Anakin finally spun on his heel and made his way over to the group.

"Did I miss something?" Geoff inquired curiously.

Sighing deeply, Obi-Wan explained while keeping an eye on his young charge.

"He's been testing me over the last few months. Seeing how much I will let him get away with that Xanatos wouldn't."

A smile tugged on the edges of his lips as he sent Geoff a slightly smug look. "He's quickly discovering that I'm not the same man I was five years ago."

"That must be tough for you," Geoff commented. "How are you handling it?"

"I let him know that I disapprove and then leave him to decide what his response will be. So far he hasn't let me down."

Obi-Wan's attention was distracted by the small group of people who exited the Chancellor's office. As a familiar figure made its way toward him, he bowed and smiled gallantly.

"I'd like to congratulate you on your election Chancellor," he said sincerely, bowing over the slim hand that was held out to him.

"Thank you Obi-Wan. I'd l

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Vadey That story was The Magic Lamp by Marnie - It's in the Archives.

OE - Darn straight that Obi-Wan should be a Jedi...LOL. Good job. I liked that you've tied up the strings. Actually, for a moment, I thought Anakin was going to get away with something but he has learned to be more understanding. Good for him!

Looking forward to the Epilog.

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Rouge Man! [face_love]

I was so sure that Anakin would be his insubordinant AOTC self, but nope. I'm glad to see that. And now Geoff gets quality time with his mother--awwwww :)

I hope Leather Man's cloak is like the Cloak of Kenobi--that way, he'll NEVER EVER be forgotten because the cloak will last FOREVER! [face_laugh]

7. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    Hey forgave her? Just like that- I'm assuming there was a lot of angst involved between the two...

So what did Ani do that he wants to get Obi out of there pronto?

8. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    **swallows lump in throat**

Aw, that was just... awww. :_|

Wonderful last two posts,o_e. I'm glad Obi-Wan's returned on his own terms. :) And with a nice new wardrobe too! [face_mischief]

9. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    *agrees with LE about the new wardrobe* :p

LOL @ Ani. But it looks like Xan did a good job of raising the little monster.

And you know, this story (with dead Xan - sniff) reminds me of the humor story The After Life Diary of Qui-Gon Jinn by obi-wannabe_1138 (I think by her) ... maybe you should write a sequel like Vadey mentioned above with Xan's afterlife antics! :p

It's almost over! :_|

10. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    That was great, gone for the weekend and you finish things up. Nicely Done.

"I always knew the damn fool would go out in a blaze of glory one day. I just wish he had waited until he was a lot older." Perfect!

11. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Currently he sported black pants tucked into black boots, a white tunic and the black robe that had been Xanatos'. His late mentor's lightsabre was clipped to his belt and was the final touch to his new persona.

*has a dreamly look on her face because her imagination went into over time with this little look into what he is wearing.*

Its sad to see this coming to an end. Its nice that Obiwan and Anakin seem to have a good relationship. It was also good to see Geoff and his mother together and on good terms.

I hope some time in the future you do a sequel. Even if its many months from now.

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    nice wardrobe :) Makes me think that Anakin made a mistake in believing that the girls were flirting with him.

13. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Another Rogue Obi to add to my collection oe. [face_love]

Epilogue tomorrow! :eek: I loved this story even if it gave me a few gray hairs in the beginning. ;) I'll be sad to see it end. :(

14. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Loved the post, OE!

However, I shall never trust that woman after what she did to my dear Geoff! No apology is good enough.

:( The story is just about over, besides the epilouge, isn't it? No more Geoff? :_|

15. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Will there be a squeal????

16. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    a squeal?

Only if there are pigs running amok on the thread-

Or Ghosti Xan with tight leather...

17. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    LMAO!!!

Don't forget the Velcro for the leather pants. That'll really get some squeals (of delight) ;)

18. Phoenix_Reborn

Feb 23, 2003
    Does the Velcro ever you, know wear, out and become less sticky- allowing the pants to fall off at fortutious times?

19. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
  20. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Great post as usual (thankfully this time I can breathe when it's over! ;) )

I will be sad to see this one end... :(

21. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    Birdy:

Yes

Otherwise, he just wouldn't be Leather Man :D

22. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Loved the interaction between Garen and Obi, and I like how you're bringing all the end together into a nice bow. Bringing back Geoff's mother was a really nice touch. I hope they'll be able to bury their differences.

Another story done? Say it ain't so! But then we have your other one...light a fire under that muse, OE! :D

Great job, and can't wait for the epilogue!

Shaindl

23. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    diane I wanted to show that although he is a nicer Anakin, he still has traces of AOTC Anakin. :D

Jade How could they ever forget our dashing leatherman? [face_love]

Phoenix I'm sure Geoff had some tough words for mommy dearest. :p

LE ;) Quite the stud isn't he?

HHP Hum. Maybe Xan haunts the Council? [face_devil]

Seraphena Thank you! :)

Crystal I'll keep a sequel in mind. ;)

PK You could be right! I'd pass over Anakin. [face_love]

Sheila And you were so worried! :p

Thalia No more Geoff. Maybe in the future. :) Maybe he should meet Niell and they go on an adventure. [face_laugh]

JTJG No plans for a sequel right now. I never say never. Look what happened to The Face Inside ! :D

Phoenix [face_laugh] Took me awhile to get that!

Jade Shrieks more like it! :p

Phoenix We can only dream! [face_love]

JTJG ;)

Captain Ah! Thanks! [face_blush]

Jade :D

Shaindl Thanks for all of the help. Couldn't have done it without ya! :)

Well here it is kids! Thanks for taking this ride with me. I have to admit that this was the hardest of my fics to write to date. I hope it pleased. Hope to see you all on future projects. For those reading Reflection , I'm going to try to take a day or two and just veg out and then get cracking on it! Thanks guys! You are all so sweet! GROUP HUG!!!! :)

Doh! Forgot to thank those of you who nominated this and me for the Winter awards. Even if I don't move on to the voting round, it's just a thrill to know you enjoyed my work enough to take the time to nominate it. Moving on and winning would be icing on the cake! :)

EPILOGUE

Anakin?s long legs carried him through the well traveled pathways of the Room of a Thousand Fountains. The instant his final class of the day had ended, he had made his way here; knowing that on this day in particular, his mentor would seek out the rooms soothing atmosphere.

His hand dropped down, his fingers lightly touching the metal cylinder that hung from his belt. The lightsabre was the only physical reminder he had of his former mentor and he treasured it. Obi-Wan was quick to remind him that nothing could ever diminish the memories he had of his years with Xanatos. They would only grow less painful with time and distance.

One year.

Today was the one year anniversary of the day Xanatos died in order to save them all. During the time in between, Anakin knew that he had not been the easiest apprentice. He had tested Obi-Wan on a daily basis, determined to know for sure if the Jedi truly wanted the task that both Qui-Gon and Xanatos had burdened him with. The Jedi Master had never once faltered; treating Anakin as an equal with patience and understanding.

Halting on the edge of a pathway, the young man took a minute to study the still figure who sat on a marble bench. His face set in relaxed peaceful lines, Obi-Wan had his eyes closed as his listened to the roar of the waterfalls.

Anakin allowed a brief moment of pride to fill him as he observed the older man. It hadn?t taken long for him to sense that the Council was desperate to do whatever was necessary in order to make Obi-Wan happy and therefore keep him as a member of the Jedi Order. It was almost comical at times to watch them fall all over themselves as they strived to make the sweeping changes that would insure Obi-Wan?s continued presence amongst them.

Obi-Wan and Anakin had never discussed it openly, but they both knew that it was because of the power the Council could sense in the young Jedi Master. Something had happened during that battle with the Sith; something that Anakin had been a witness too. Obi-Wan had accessed powers that if not used properly, could cause chaos in the galaxy.

"Come here Padawan."

The soft accented voice interrupted his musings and brought a reluctant smile to his lips. He had fast learned that he couldn?t get anything past Obi-Wa

24. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    *sniff* :( :_| It's over! That was a lovely ending, for I'm sure Xan and Qui-Gon will always be there to watch over Anakin and Obi-Wan, to make sure they're safe in the Light Side and choosing the right leather pant size :p

Now get to work on a sequel! (Where's that whip icon when you need it?) Come on, I just KNOW Obi-Wan had a fling or two when he was working for Palpy. Maybe there's a cute little Dark Side Obitot skipping around the galaxy! :D

One comfort I can take with me--Xan bathed in that pretty blue ghost aura [face_love]

25. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    It was almost comical at times to watch them fall all over themselves as they strived to make the sweeping changes that would insure Obi-Wan?s continued presence amongst them.

AS well they should.

:_| It's over with. It was a lovely ending with them sensing that QG and Xani were there with them in the force.

A nice reminder to us all that even if someone we love is gone physically, they are with us spiritually. (in our hearts)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.