Saga Lying From You-AU- Xan/Obi Epilogue-Complete 12/08!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Seraphena Jedi Knight

star 3
    :_| Beautiful ending. Edit: What's next? *Ducks away quickly*
  2. Captain_Observant Jedi Knight

star 2
    IT'S OVER!!!! :_|

I loved this story...it is definitely one that I will have to reread when the stresses of DRL require it...

And I ditto on what Jade said: WE NEED A SEQUAL!!!!
  3. Bekah_K Jedi Master

star 4
    Beautiful ending o_e!

Liked the way Qui and Xan let Obi/Anakin know that they were there. :)

I'm sorry to see this fic end - it's been a blast!

See ya at 'Reflection'.

~Bek
  4. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    That was a wonderful ending to this story oe. It may have been one of your hardest stories to write but you were definitely up to the challenge, it was one of my favorites (of course I have many favorites from your work ;) ). I loved the part about the Council falling all over themselves to keep Obi-Wan in the Order, what a wonderful change from their callous disregard at the start of the story. :)

BTW, congrats on your nominations, you deserved everyone of them. I would have given you more but that darn limit of five stood in the way. Good luck. :D
  5. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Great job with this. I loved that Xan and Qui-Gon were there watching over him. I assume there will probably be a sequel in the works....hint, hint!

Congrats on the nominations. I'll be very curious to see what you choose for excerpts!
  6. Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master

star 4
  7. PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  8. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Master

star 4
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ~crys her eyes out~ what a great ending to a great story!!!!!!!
  9. Thalia_Nox Jedi Knight

star 3
    Lovely ending, my dear OE! Just tell me though, is it the same spot as in all your fics, the one with the fish, or is this somewher else?

**hugs Geoff** Well, it's been fun, Geoff, I hope OE pulls you out of her trunk to play wiht again sometime!
  10. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    What a wonderful, bitter-sweet ending o_e!! :)

Enjoy your days of vegging out. You've been such a hard worker, spoiling us all with your nearly daily posts. [face_love]

:D
  11. VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master

star 4
    Congratulation on an other well done and finished fiction!

It's good that now Anakin isn't going to get anything past Obi, too. And of course that they know that Xan and Qui are both watching them.

[face_love] Vadey
  12. Shaindl Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, OE, another one done. The epilogue was just the right mix of love, sadness and hope. It's been another great ride, and if it was your hardest to date, we'd never know it. You did a marvelous job with a difficult concept, and brought some more OCs to life. Great job!

Shaindl

PS: And yes, you could have done it without me... :)
  13. LuvEwan Jedi Master

star 4
    Beautiful job, o_e. Constantly enthralling and thought-provoking.
  14. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Jade A Darkside Obitot? I could always have Shai turn! [face_devil]

Crystal This fic actually reminded me of that important lesson. :)

Seraphena Next? I get busy on Reflection. ;)

Captain Thanks for popping in when you could. :)

Bekah I hoped that it would please you. :D

Sheila Good thing I didn't turn Obi huh? :p

diane Excerpt? I'm not going to stress about that unless I get notice that I moved on. ;)

Phoenix Thanks sweety. :)

PK You're too kind! [face_love]

JTJG I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Thalia In my Redemption Series the spot is in the Gardens. Geoff may pop up somewhere. :D

HHP I swear I'm going to veg out soon! :p

Vadey I'm glad the ending pleased. :)

Shaindl You helped me enormously during this. [face_love]

LE It's been so great having you along for the ride. :D

Lurkers Big hugs to all of my faithful lurkers! Even though I never see you all, you aren't forgotten. [face_love]

Now if everyone keeps their evil rabid plot bunnies away from me, I can concentrate on the other fic. :p

15. astroanna Jedi Master

star 4
    :(

I'm sad to see this fic end, just like I am every time an obi-ew fic ends...

But you did a wonderful job as always, hun, so brava!!!! :)

@-----------)-----------

Obligatory roses and chocolates to the author!

:D
  16. Sheila Force Ghost

star 4
    Good thing I didn't turn Obi huh? [face_laugh]

A very good thing oe. :)

Quit giggling! :mad:
  17. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I could always have Shai turn!

Heh. I challenge you to try and turn everyone's baby into an evil man!

(Yes, that was a deliberate attempt to put a plot bunny in your head [face_devil] )
  18. Musing Jedi Knight

star 2
    Just wanted to say that I enjoyed the story, obi_ew, even though I didn't quite agree with some aspects of it.
    It might be because I?m apolitical in nature, but I don?t believe that the Jedi Council or Geoff Renate?s mother deserved all the bashing that they got. Sure, they could?ve handled things better than they did, but I doubt if Obi-Wan and Geoff would have done anything differently in their places.
    I guess that?s what bothered me the most about the story ? neither Obi-Wan nor Geoff make any real effort to see any other side but their own as far as authority figures go. And having the Council making changes just because Obi-Wan might disapprove and leave sounds too much like blackmail.
    What I particularly liked was how the relationship that Xanatos and Obi-Wan each had with Qui-Gon and Anakin helped to mend the rift between them. Too often, Qui-Gon and Anakin are used for the purpose of undermining relationships.
    If there?s a sequel in the making, I?ll look forward to it. Meanwhile, I?m going to hunt up your other threads and settle in for a good long read. :)
  19. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
    *peeks impishly in.* hi, i've been a bad lurker. more like a bad get behinder. :p

:_| :_| that was so :_| :_| but happy to. Will there be a sequel? I promise I won't get behind again? *pleading puppy dog face.*
  20. Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master

star 4
    [force_power] Young Xan's during the years he was thought not to be a Jedi, Young Xan's during the years he was thought not to be a Jedi, Young Xan's during the years he was thought not to be a Jedi ...with a side of leather, velcro, and suede.
  21. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    astro I'm so glad you made it to the end. Hope school is going alright. :)

Sheila I dang near had him die too! :eek: Just couldn't do it!

Jade Shai could be so consumed by guilt that he turns. [face_devil]

Musing Hi and nice to meet you! I was truly shocked by how this fic managed to incite such varied and often strong emotions in people. I've never had that happen to such a degree on any of my fics. It was rather nice! :D

I can understand why you felt that way. I guess I was trying to show how someone who feels so completely betrayed and abandoned by the people they love and trust the most can have hurt emotions that are hard to get over. Even for Jedi.

In the end Obi-Wan gets his own unspoken form of justice ie revenge on the Council by knowing that he has them under his thumb. Being who he is, he doesn't exploit it, but the Council is aware of it non the less.

I hope you enjoy some of my other work. Be sure and PM me and let me know if you do tackle some of it. :)

Jacen As a fellow writer you know how frustrating it can be knowing you have lurkers out there. ;) It's taken me quite awhile to get to a point where I can smile with affection and hope they are enjoying the ride. It's still such a thrill when one pops out of the woodwork though! :D

I may pursue this one day. If a rabid bunny gets me! :p

Phoenix That would leave Kobi out of the mix. ;)

22. Nat Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooh it's over! :_|
    My poor Garen... His little talk with Obi-Wan was really nice. It's good to see that if they need to, they can grieve together.

That was a great ending, oe, with just the right amount of sadness and hope.
    Now this needs a sequel! :D
  23. obi_ew Force Ghost

star 5
    Nat I couldn't leave without giving you one final Garen post! ;) Everyone keeps demanding a sequel but offering no possible plotlines. :p

Quick word of thanks to everyone who nominated this for the Winter Awards. It did move on to the voting round so big hugs! [face_love] I'm up against some new writer named Shaindl ! :D
  24. PaddyJuan Force Ghost

star 4
    All caught up now.

You have visibly improved over the course of this story, and your other series. You were good, now I find your writing to be excellent.

Your stories are always a pleasure to read, with wonderful twists throughout.

thank you so much!
  25. Seraphena Jedi Knight

star 3
    Good luck, you and I agree fantastic series
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.