main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Lyrics/poetry. only for the very deep

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Poison_Monkey, Aug 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Poison_Monkey

The_Poison_Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2001
    Have any of you ever written some lyrics to a song, or a poem, that has actually made you feel like you've resolved a situation, or has even provided an answer to something that you'd been thinking about for a while?

2. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Yes. A few times.

Not going to post them here, though.

3. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    You know, PM, we already have a thread on poetry on the first page.

It's here.

Edit: Fixed link.

4. The_Poison_Monkey

Mar 6, 2001
    ok. perhaps i mis-stated. what i was really wanting was anything that you've written or that you've ever heard that has really changed your outlook on something.

Example: from the song Hallelujah: "Love is not a victory march".
    this for me means a lot cos it shows that love isn't easy, and it's not going to be fun all the time.

5. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    I know what you're saying, but this thread is still about poetry. I'm just trying to keep this forum tidy. :)

6. The_Poison_Monkey

Mar 6, 2001
    like the batcave?

7. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Yes. Like the batcave. So can we please have all poetry discussion in the poetry thread? :)

8. UnplacedPoet

UnplacedPoet Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2001
    Let it surround you, words slipping into your subconscious, pressing gently at souls.

Don't smother beauty, let its life meander in all imaginable directions.

But restrain if you will.

9. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    never try to restrain that which is so many things
    pure, obscure,
    melodramatic, estatic,
    loving, meandering,
    that which is life

10. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Guys! Poetry thread! First page! Use it! PLEASE!

11. Sharas-Evil-Twin

Sharas-Evil-Twin Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2001
  12. Episode1WasntAnyGood

Episode1WasntAnyGood Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2001
    why don't you just start a thread called 'everything', that way the forum would be totally tidy!!!

ps: isnt two threads about poetry more tidy than one thread about poetry and another full of 'post this in the other poetry thread, biatch!' posts?

Sorry still getting used to how this forum operates.

13. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Perhaps if you're still getting used to it, then you shouldn't question the rules that I also have to follow.

Redundant threads are not allowed. I'm sorry if that offends you, Episode1WasntAnyGood, but its not my choice. I simply go by what I have been told. :)

Edit: I'm sorry if that sounds a little harsh. It just seems that whatever way I go, I get told off by someone. :(

14. Episode1WasntAnyGood

Mar 27, 2001
    uuuummmmmm but the point is who defines redundant?
    i like sam's post and think its different from the other poetry one, and worthy of its own topic.
    but hey, close this baby up! lock it! DESTROY IT!!! Hooray for topic cleansing!

15. Pigalek

May 23, 2001
    well give peoples the choice they can do both and its not that untidy

16. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    I was pretty much staying out of this, but my reading of the topic was that it was the same as the other one, but then Sam redefined it, and made it different.

The SOng that goes "Why do birds, suddenly appear, everytime, you are near..." is one that means a lot to me, because it was the first song that came into mind when Jenna asked me to sing somethging to her over the phone. That was before we had even met in person...it has stck with us, and iskind of a song we hum to each other or whatever if the other one is sad.

17. Pigalek

May 23, 2001
    aw how cute

18. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Yeah I was gonna stay outta this thread too but I just wanted to let Eppy know Shara's just doing her job, upholding TFN forum policy. Ease up a little man. :)

And Scream: [Full House] AWWWWWWWWWW! [/Full House]. :p

19. Episode1WasntAnyGood

Mar 27, 2001
    Ki-bara (and anyone else):
    If you are going to enforce rules (which to 95% of the internet-using world are very strict) then you need them written out and given to all who sign up here. (ie: we will lock threads if they are similar to others).
    Lots of people (like me) just come to msg boards for a bit of light hearted fun, its not serious. And fair enough for some of you, this place is very serious. If you give me the rules in black and white (including what 'redundant' entails) then I will respect them, if you respect my right to be a bit silly and not be super serious.

20. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm pretty sure they outline the forum rules when you sign up. Don't quote me on that though, I haven't registered another user name since I got this one.

21. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    The rules aren't available when you sign up, I don't think. They're locatd in the State of the Forum thread, though. :)

And you're right - this thread is different now. At the beginning though, it was a little redundant.

And I agree with PM. Halellujah IS an incredible song. :)

22. The_Poison_Monkey

Mar 6, 2001
    a song that really makes a lot of sense to me (and i'm assuming it would to a few other people here if they heard it) is by the Eels: "One day the world will be ready for you, and wonder how they didn't see".
    I first heard this line when I was 14 and living in France with my family. since then, it's always stuck with me, and has provided comfort to a couple of friends when they're down.

23. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    My mistake! [face_blush]

24. Episode1WasntAnyGood

Mar 27, 2001
    In my books, a thread that has something to do with Jeff Buckley (Hallelujah references) cannot be redundant!
    WITH HIS LIGHTER! WITH HIS LIGHTER!

25. Enna_and_Scream

Enna_and_Scream Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    Scream: Kids, dont get Eppy going on Jeff buckley. Any negative comment and he will come around personally and tie u to a chair, then feed u drugs to make u stay conscious and force u to listen to Jeff over and over till u like it.

Then he'll stop feeding u the drugs, but keep on with he music. A week or so after that he may feed u.

maybe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.