main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO M A D (yes we are) L I B S live!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedigal, Dec 6, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1800CallAWookie

1800CallAWookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2000
    Alright alright alright...here are the newest SW Mad Libs...hope you like them. Some of the original quotes didn't work as well as I thought they were going to. Oh well, my bad, I'll pick better ones next time.

Here you go:

1. A LONG time ago, in a GALAXY far, far, away...
    2. There'll be no ESCAPE for THE PRINCESS this time.
    3. We'll be sent to THE SPICE MINE OF KESSEL or SMASHED into WHO KNOWS WHAT!
    4. The Death Star PLANS are not in the MAIN COMPUTER.
    5. Hold your FIRE. There are no LIFE FORMS.
    ======================================================================================
    ======================================================================================

Mos_Eisleian_Radio
    1. A TASTY time ago, in a HAMBURGER far, far, away...(New McDonald's promo?)
    2. There'll be no BEER for EDDIE this time. (Poor Eddie)
    3. We'll be sent to WISCONSIN or SENT into DUCK BUTTER! (GOD NO! Not....WISCONSIN!...
    (and what, may i ask is duck butter?? and do i want to be sent into it?)
    4. The Death Star FINGERS are not in the CHROMOSOME. (So where'd they go?)
    5. Hold your APARTMENT. There are no SQUIRRELS. (Well, that's good, right?

JediJeff13
    1. A STIFF time ago, in a WRISTWATCH far, far, away...(umm...I've gone blank)
    2. There'll be no ENVELOPE for MORK FROM ORK this time. (Damn Office Supply store)
    3. We'll be sent to BORA BORA or DROPPED into a MOVING VAN! (OK, really, i think i will take Bora Bora please)
    4. The Death Star BASTARDS are not in the PONY TAIL. (Is that a bar?)
    5. Hold your GROCERY BAG. There are no DONUTS. (D'oh!)

Darth_Athena
    1. A PINK time ago, in a ERASER far, far, away...(must be a pretty big eraser)
    2. There'll be no LADDER for ZOLTAN this time.(OH, is he too good for a ladder?)
    3. We'll be sent to BED or KISSED into LLAMA. (I don't want to be any part of any llama kissings)
    4. The Death Star DRINK BOXES are not in the MOUSE. (Good thing, are we would have a BIG mouse problem...get it, BIG...hehe...ohhh, nevermind, dont laugh)
    5. Hold your BURNER. There are no MAGAZINES. (Well, these don't really go together...oh well, the curse of mad libs)

JediGemini
    1. A(n) ORIGINAL time ago, in a BAMBOO far, far, away... (Well, at least its original)
    2. There'll be no POTATO CHIP for MOJO JOJO this time. (Not even one?)
    3. We'll be sent to BACKSEAT or VACATED into SHOE. (umm, sorry, its early)
    4. The Death Star SCISSORS are not in the CHIP CLIP. (well of course not)
    5. Hold your PLUG. There are no HEADBANDS. (hair plugs? dont lose 'em)

Jedigal
    1. A GUILTY time ago, in a COFFIN far, far, away... (umm, this sounds creepy, or sexually wrong, one of those)
    2. There'll be no VAMPIRE for XMAVERIC this time. (um, see previous comment)
    3. We'll be sent to THE LANDING or SERVED into PLEASURE. (ooh, ooh, the second one please!)
    4. The Death Star ZOMBIES are not in the SIGNIFICANT OTHER. (does anyone else notice a certain thought pattern emerging here...)
    5. Hold your GHOULS. There are no DAYLIGHTS. (ok, i have a big gutter-mind, but i dont think this is bad...just, well, weird :) )

Bobafemme
    1. A WEAK time ago, in a HAND far, far, away... (again, i dunno what to say)
    2. There'll be no BLASTER for ZUCKUSS this time. (well, that's gonna make his job a little hard now, won't it?)
    3. We'll be sent to JABBA'S PLACE or WEPT into FLUID. (leachery & pleasure, or crying...you be the judge)
    4. The Death Star MEERKATS are not in the THISTLE. (those darn meerkats, where coud they be?)
    5. Hold your STENCH. There are no TAUNTAUNS. ("I though they smelled bad on the outside...")

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF
    1. A SMELLY time ago, in a POCKET far, far, away... (and what would be in that pocket?)
    2. There'll be no PICKLE for BOBAFEMME this time. (Sorry Bobafemme...Mara told me so)
    3. We'll be sent to TOYS 'R' US or DANCED into CARTOON. (oooooh, i like dancing)
    4. The Death Star MONKEYS are not in the FRUIT PUNCH. (nah, they like the spiked punch)
    5. Hold your DOOR KNOB. There are no AMPHIBIANS. (so why are you holding the doorknob?)

SteelLepp
    1. A TERRIBLE time ago, in a G

2. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    I don't know HOW I missed noticing that you posted the answers, Call-Dubbya.

And those were GREAT!!!!! Totally cool.

DarthAthena said "Hold your burner. There are no magazines."
    What, DA, burning books not good enough for ya? You commie! :)

Um, no comments on my thought patterns. J/K, actually I had just finished Guilty Pleasures by Laurell. K. ? crap I forget her last name, but anyway I picked that up at the usedbookstore b/c JediAutobot (who never posts on this forum now, I guess she's too good for us) recommended that author.

Mara said "There'll be no pickle for Bobafemme this time." Ohmigod, that fit SO well! Poor Femme, though.

My favorite: SteelLepp said "The Death Star crabs are NOT in the shell."

Those were lots of fun. I love this game.

Who's next? Another one of my homies? DA, SL? Or one of my outtatown buds?

3. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    Would that be Laurel K. Hamilton?

And actually, its more of an anti-teen/ym/seventeen sentiment than anything...

4. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Yes, Laura, that's IT!

Laurell K. Hamilton.
    I was thinking Hamilton, but then for some reason it just didn't sound right to me.

Well, I'm glad to see that you're not a communist or a censor. I'd burn those very same magazines if they appeared anywhere near me. And way back when, when I was your age, I would've wanted to burn them then too. Star Wars seems a much better waste of your money than those. :)

So, DA,
    ::switches to commercial announcer voice, complete with ultra-careful enunciation, Captain Kirk-like pauses, and way too much enthusiasm::
    are YOU
    going to be the NEXT
    host of
    ::switches to cool monster truck rally/dirt bike racing/WWF type announcer voice, complete with reverb::
    Star Wars St. Louis
    MAD madmadmad
    LIBS? libslibslibs

5. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Just bumping this b/c have a feeling there are a few people besides me who also missed the posting of the answers to last time.

And, of course, I'm hoping someone else will host the next round so I don't have to. (Whiny lass that I am - remind you of anyone? "but I was going into Tasche to pick up some POW-er con-VER-ters")

6. Darth_Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey, why not.

I can't have them up until monday, though... So if you can stand waiting until then...

7. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    If no one else jumps in (SteelLepp?) then it's all yours, babe. Get ta work!

8. Darth_Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, here they are. (BTW, a gerund is a verb ending with -ing). Enjoy!

1. noun / adj. / adj.
    2. gerund / adj. / adj.
    3. noun / verb / noun
    4. noun (plural) / verb / noun
    5. noun / gerund / adj.

9. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Gerund, wow. It sounds like this young one pays attention in school.

I shall watch your progress with great interest. (Not sure just how he phrases that in the film, but you KWIM.)

10. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Okay.....how the hell am I first here? Geeeez.

1) candy wrapper/clammy/pungent
    2) winded/soothing/dazzling
    3) baseball/scamper/postage stamp
    4) jackasses/shriek/chronometer
    5) typewriter/mounting/dizzy

Wow.....one post and I used the letter 'z' 5 times. Well, six when I used it again to reference how I used it so much.

11. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    1) pez/green/googly
    2) walking/sharp/gorgeous
    3) basket/extract/envelope
    4) books/tear/cassette
    5) antenna/cracking/yellow

Phil

12. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    My turn:

1. frisbee / elusive / fuzzy
    2. playing / disjunct / powerful
    3. icon / subscribe / pod
    4. promenades / flash / leaf
    5. hangar / typing / blatent

13. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    1. spider / cranky / tired
    2. discovering / fashionable / careful
    3. film / feel / cash register
    4. suitcases / kick / bakery
    5. art class / talking / backwards

14. Darth_Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, thats 4 people.... I'll wait a few more days... Especially since not even jedigal has posted any yet...

15. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    ok, ok, alright already, geez! here they are, gerunds and all:

1. performance / smooth / vacant
    2. fixing / public / powerful
    3. janitor / control / business
    4. stocks / move / penalty
    5. static / skating / senior

16. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    afterbirth sticky gross
    renewing horrible painful
    eggs smite opossum
    exhibit touching wrinkly

17. Darth_Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Well, they didn't turn out as well as I had hoped.. Oh, well. There are still a few good ones.

ORIGINALS:

1. We intercepted no TRANSMISSIONS. This is a COUNSELOR ship. We're on a DIPLOMATIC mission.
    2. Go that way... You'll be MALFUNCTIONING within a day you NEAR-SIGHTED SCRAP pile.
    3. Take these two over to the GARAGE, will ya? I want them CLEANED UP before DINNER.
    4. And if these new DROIDS do work out, I want to TRANSMIT my APPLICATION to the Academy this year.
    5. Look, here are GAFFI STICKS, Bantha tracks. It's just...I never heard of them HITTING anything this BIG before.

JEDIJEFF:

1. We intercepted no CANDY WRAPPERS. This is a CLAMMY ship. We're on a PUNGENT mission.(To a trash heap, maybe????)
    2. Go that way... You'll be WINDED within a day you SOOTHING, DAZZLING pile. (Well, a pile of really hot guys?... or in you case, girls?)
    3. Take these two over to the BASEBALL, will ya? I want them SCAMPERED before POSTAGE STAMP.(Umm, no comment here....)
    4. And if these new JACKASSES do work out, I want to SHRIEK my CHRONOMETER to the Academy this year.(I'm confused, are you?)
    5. Look, here are TYPEWRITERS, Bantha tracks. It's just...I never heard of them MOUNTING anything this DIZZY before. (A new technique, maybe?)

MOS_EISLEIAN_RADIO:

1. We intercepted no PEZ. This is a GREEN ship. We're on a GOOGLY mission.(No Pez? Darn it!)
    2. Go that way... You'll be WALKING within a day you SHARP GORGEOUS pile. (....)
    3. Take these two over to the BASKET, will ya? I want them EXTRACTED before ENVELOPE. (Hmm, what would you extract them from if you're just putting them in an envelope?)
    4. And if these new BOOKS do work out, I want to TEAR my CASSETTE to the Academy this year. (A new method of transport?)
    5. Look, here are ANTENNA, Bantha tracks. It's just...I never heard of them CRACKING anything this YELLOW before.(I never knew that beatles would crack open a yellow submarine...very bad plan on words... I apologize)

JEDIGEMINI:

1. We intercepted no FRISBEES. This is a(N) ELUSIVE ship. We're on a FUZZY mission.(Not to clear on the details, are we?)
    2. Go that way... You'll be PLAYING within a day you DISJUNCT, POWERFUL pile. (oh, really?)
    3. Take these two over to the ICON, will ya? I want them SUBSCRIBED before POD.(A new holiday, perhaps?)
    4. And if these new PROMENADES do work out, I want to FLASH my LEAF to the Academy this year.(Mardi Gras now has competition!)
    5. Look, here are HANGARS, Bantha tracks. It's just...I never heard of them TYPING anything this BLATENT before.(interesting...)

MARAJADESKYWALKER:

1. We intercepted no SPIDERS. This is a CRANKY ship. We're on a TIRED mission.(I'm glad we didn't intercept spiders... they're scary)
    2. Go that way... You'll be DISCOVERING within a day you FASHIONABLE, CAREFUL pile. (Confusing...though I think it might be about modeling..)
    3. Take these two over to the FILM, will ya? I want them FELT UP before CASH REGISTER.(And what kind of film would this be?)
    4. And if these new SUITCASES do work out, I want to KICK my BAKERY to the Academy this year. (Show that bakery that you don't care! Kick it to the moon!)
    5. Look, here are ART CLASSES, Bantha tracks. It's just...I never heard of them TALKING anything this BACKWARDS before.(hmmm...)

JEDIGAL:

1. We intercepted no PERFORMANCE. This is a SMOOTH ship. We're on a VACANT mission. (Must be riverdance...)
    2. Go that way... You'll be FIXING within a day you PUBLIC, POWERFUL pile. (What?)
    3. Take these two over to the JANITOR, will ya? I want them CONTROLLED before BUSINESS.(Behavior problems in school?)
    4. And if these new STOCKS do work out, I want to MOVE my PENALTY to the Academy this year.(So if you get rich, someone else has to pay your fine? Must be nice...)
    5. Look, here are STATIC, Bantha tracks. It's just...I never heard of them SKATING anything this SENIOR before.(Is skating a new term for hazing?)

BOBBAFEMME:

1. We intercepted no AFTERBIRTH. This is a STICKY ship. We're on a GROSS mission.(What sticky stuff have you encountered, then?)
    2. Go that

18. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    OK, since this is my thread that's dying here, I think I better put up the next ones.

Give me:
    1. noun/verb
    2. noun/verb/noun
    3. verb
    4. category you could put a person in
    (profession-or-religion-or-nationality-or-species-or-group-or-anything-that-might-be-stereotyped)
    /noun/noun

19. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    1. pickle juice/campaign
    2. ferret/capture/Friday
    3. memorize
    4. accountants/shower/dryer lint

20. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    1. beard/sleep
    2. asterick/waver/bannana
    3. flip
    4. Dug/hoof/nose ring

21. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    1) shower/reap
    2) salt shaker/broadcast/outboard motor
    3) lubricate
    4) hippie(s)/towel/Wankel rotary engine

22. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    1) cookie/close
    2) radio/press/paper
    3) sharpen
    4) clown/dress/wig

Phil

23. Darth_Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    1. sword/slice
    2. tree/shed/car
    3. whacks
    4. Catholic School-girl/nun/nunnery

24. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    My thread is dying senator! :)

1) dogtag/clobber
    2) skyscraper/hurtle/puddle
    3) bombard
    4) redneck/diaper/stalagtite

"<SMACK SMACK SMACK> - I musth be go'in now. Goodbye, Rabbit!"

25. jedigal

Sep 21, 2000
    Well, I decided to get the show on the road:

Original quotes:
    Your THOUGHTS DWELL on your mother.
    A disruption in COMMUNICATIONS can MEAN only one thing: INVASION.
    You ASSUME too much.
    I'm a TOYDARIAN. MIND TRICKS don't work on me, only MONEY.

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF
    Your PICKLE JUICES CAMPAIGN on your mother. (Elect Claussen Top Pickle!)
    A disruption in FERRET can CAPTURE only one thing: FRIDAY. (The next I can't wait for the weekend, I'll head straight to the petshop.)
    You MEMORIZE too much. (What's that you're memorizing, Lisa? Pickle nutrition information or every hair on Luke's head?)
    I'm an ACCOUNTANT. SHOWERS don't work on me, only DRYER LINT. (I don't know what this means, but I can't stop laughing.)

JediGemini
    Your BEARDS SLEEP on your mother. (You have beards? on your face, your goat, your collie, your dwarves?)
    A disruption in ASTERISK can WAVER only one thing: a BANANA. (WAVER that banana, Meg!)
    You FLIP too much. (Hey, I thought you were a singer, not a gymnast!)
    I'm a DUG. HOOVES don't work on me, only NOSE RINGS. (This frightens me. No comment.)

Stardreamer
    Your SHOWERS REAP on your mother. (Again, I am frightened. And I always thought Thom was a nice guy.)
    A disruption in the SALT SHAKER can BROADCAST only one thing: an OUTBOARD MOTOR. (Somehow I don't think that message will be of much help.)
    You LUBRICATE too much. (Ooooo, you bad boy!)
    I'm a HIPPY. TOWELS don't work on me, only WANKEL ROTARY ENGINES. (What kind of perversion is this?)

Mos Eisleian Radio
    Your COOKIES CLOSE on your mother. (Watch out for those cookies! They'll close in on you next!)
    A disruption in the RADIO can PRESS only one thing: PAPER. (I hope you're pressing that paper out of RECYCLED fibers, Phil.)
    You SHARPEN too much. (If you need more things to sharpen, see Darth Athena.)
    I'm a CLOWN. DRESSES don't work on me, only WIGS. (I agree. You'd look lousy in a dress, but a wig - now, that would be hot!)

Darth Athena
    Your SWORDS SLICE on your mother. (Stop Laura! Believe me, in ten years she won't seem so bad. Honest. ; ) )
    A disruption in the TREE can SHED only one thing: a CAR. (All right! That's almost as good as money growing on trees. Where can I get one of those shedding trees?)
    You WHACK too much. (NO comment!)
    I'm a CATHOLIC SCHOOLGIRL. NUNS don't work on me, only NUNNERIES. (More perversion! Have you all turned to the dark side?)

JediJeff13
    Your DOGTAGS CLOBBER on your mother. (Had too many lashes w/a wet noodle, and decided to retaliate?)
    A disruption in the SKYSCRAPER can HURTLE only one thing: PUDDLES. (Ya gotta get out of Chi and come to St. Lou. No skyscrapers hurtling puddles down here!)
    You BOMBARD too much. (Too true, too true. You're always bombarding us with something, usually tasteless.)
    I'm a REDNECK. DIAPERS don't work on me, only STALACTITES. (So, you're a spelunker, huh? heh heh)

Those were fun! (And scary.) Anybody up for the next round? Buehler?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.